• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Test XV 2010 - Halfback

Who's your pick?

• Will Genia

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Ben Youngs

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Francois Hougaard

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Piri Weepu

Votes: 18 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
If so he'll get the least number of votes - still worthy of nomination for the spot tho

Without wanting to ruin the surprise, he isn't close to last.

I am starting a campaign- don't vote for Genia. Please. I like to think this forum is full of people who know about rugby, let's not give ammo to those who think the contrary.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Without wanting to ruin the surprise, he isn't close to last.

I am starting a campaign- don't vote for Genia. Please. I like to think this forum is full of people who know about rugby, let's not give ammo to those who think the contrary.

I know the misconception that genia is world class is the thing your getting at. He doesn't deserve to win the award, but it's hard to think who does. Ben Youngs probably the closest to deserving it. Genia is good - he has the raw skills and vision, but sometimes he just doesn't put them into action and looks average. Particularly with fast service.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Weepu for sure. Quick service, his best year yet and he was more than handy with the long range boot.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I was close for going with Hougaard but Weepu is just a bit better all round.

Also minus points for Hougie's retarded haircuts

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
weepoo i believe is the best of those four but youngs has had a better year from the games/highlights ive seen him in
i dont know what the nz rugby team see in cowan- got a good pass but god i hate him

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I was a big fan of Youngs. The English looked far more dangerous when he came on the field for Care in the first test against us.

He was chirpy, he knew how to draw players, when to run, when to pass, etc, and he was quick to the ruck.

sevenpointdropgoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
I like the look of Youngs too. I'd say he or Weepu.

I'm not entirely sure that Genia deserved a shortlisting. He was fine, but I thought Luke Burgess had the better games for much of the year - if only he could pass properly.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Hougaard was the best in the 3N easily. I didn't see any of the SA EOYT (not for lack of trying) unfortunately so no idea how he went there, or if he was even on the plane.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
If Hougaard had more game time and a better haircut he would win this for sure. Him over Weepu only as i think Hougaard clears the base better than weepu.

Status
Not open for further replies.