• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World XV 2008 - Outside Back Nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
On Thursday Morning Oz plays the Baa Baas. Imagine for the moment that instead we were playing a world XV, who would be in the world XV. In this imaginative world cloning is possible (Oz players eligible for the world XV). Only rule is the player has to have played test rugby this year.

My Tight Five nominees:
11. Joe Rokocoko
13. Adi Jacobs
14. Shane Williams
15. Byrne (Welsh fullback)

Please nominate anyone else who you think should be in the outside backs below. On Wednesday I will (hopefully, if I have time) start a poll to select the World XV.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
My Tight Five nominees:
11. Joe Rokocoko
13. Adi Jacobs
14. Shane Williams
15. Byrne (Welsh fullback)

I assume you mean back 3 & outside centre.
11.Habana
13. Mortlock
14. Sivi
15 Byrne

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cant believe you lot want Rockococo in this team. He did vokol to warant anything in 2008. My outside backs
15 Byrne/Mils
14 Shane Williams
13 Mortlock
11 Habana

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Kearney would have to be in the mix for 14/15 as well; has done nothing wrong, and an awful lot right in his games this year.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Threads like this are high comedy.

Mortlock, the only Aussie nominated. Yet, in every other thread is chastised and denounced and proclaimed to be 'past it' or 'too old' for next year.

Unfortunately there are truly some moronic twits posting on this forum. But they are bemusing all the same.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
naza said:
Threads like this are high comedy.

Mortlock, the only Aussie nominated. Yet, in every other thread is chastised and denounced and proclaimed to be 'past it' or 'too old' for next year.

Unfortunately there are truly some moronic twits posting on this forum. But they are bemusing all the same.

Era, we're used to you by this stage and we've become fond of your little ways, Naz... ;)

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
You might be talking about me naza. I thought at the start of the EOYT that it would be Mortlock's last. He has played better than he did domestically though (I think). There are also no other worthy 13s. Mortlock wont last until 2011. If he plays more than another season I will be surprised.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'll throw some more nominations up

15 Conrad Jantjes
14 Rob Kearney
13 Brian O'Driscoll
11 Sean Lamont

Status
Not open for further replies.