• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WRITERS and PHOTOGRAPHERS WANTED FOR NRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Are we excited about the NRC?

Yes we bloody are. Unfortunately though, only one match a week will even be televised.

GAGR wants to give it the coverage it deserves though. So if you've got a hankering to do a bit of writing or snapping about the NRC and the team(s) you support in it - put your hand up here or drop me a PM.

Your blistering insight could be reaching THOUSANDS of the rugby elite on the front page of G&GR.

Also - we could do with someone to do a little organisation i.e. allocate who's covering what each week

PS - as you should know by now we don't pay with 'money', but rather the one currency to rule them all: GLORY

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Even with the gods-like analysis i could provide from the fifteen dimensions of my rugby brain, it will simply be too difficult for me to be objective at Rams games as I'll be busy abusing the ref in the most witty manner known to man.

But thanks for the offer.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Even with the gods-like analysis i could provide from the fifteen dimensions of my rugby brain, it will simply be too difficult for me to be objective at Rams games as I'll be busy abusing the ref in the most witty manner known to man.

But thanks for the offer.
We are not looking for objectivity just a feel for the game.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Can't promise all Melbourne games, but I could do some. What KIND of match reports are you looking for?

There's a few different directions you can go with it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We have a basic template that can be used. See some of reports from the super rugby games. There's obviously basic information we need - scorers, score, best players. Etc.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Mate we've been talking about how we do reports in the back room. We'd like a feel for the match not a blow by blow (you can get that anywhere) the scorers, standout players and anything of interest.

We have a template for the scorers etc but the body is up to the writer. we are trying to make it as easy as possible

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can vouch for @Delphy's credentials. A good fellow to have on board.

He took some cracking photos at Schoolboy National Tournament this year.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I'd like to see @Paul Martin get the Rams gig, his insightful comments at 12.05am on Sunday mornings are consistently reliable and are good reading when you awake on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.