The Scots College, Sydney is hosting a schoolboys rugby 7s tournament this Saturday, 1 April 2017.
Twelve teams from Australia, Fiji and New Zealand will compete in a full day of matches, starting at 10.00am.
This year’s event will again feature some of the best local and overseas schoolboy 7s players, including several members of the recently selected Australian Youth Boys Rugby Sevens Squad.
Four pools of three teams (see below) will battle it out for the Pillinger Cup, Rhino Shield and Midford Plate, with the Cup final kicking off at 4.30pm.
The tournament is shaping up to be an action packed day of top notch schoolboys 7s rugby, with plenty of off field activities to keep the whole family entertained.
Check out the footage of last year’s final, between Kings College Auckland and St Ignatius’ College Riverview (courtesy of “sidesteppa”).
The Scots College Gold
Ratu Kadavulevu School, Fiji
Farrer Memorial Agriculture High School, Tamworth
St Ignatius’ College, Riverview
Lloyd McDermott Rugby Development Team
St John’s College, Nambour
NSW Development Squad
St Patrick’s College, Wellington
The Scots College Hoops
Otago Rugby Football Union
The Scots College Blue
Canberra Grammar School
- Scots Prep play Waverley Prep in a 10s match
- Girls schools, Kambala and SKEGGS, will play a game of touch
- Big screen with all-day commentary
- Awards for winning schools presented by members of the Australian Men’s and Women’s 7s teams
- Performance by the Scots Pipes and Drums
- Jumping castles and face painting