• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe III at Perth, 5/09/21 - 4pm AEST

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Did you actually watch the game? He wasnt outstanding at all. Functional maybe.

You want us to piss time away with a functional fill in on a dead rubber? Nah mate

You want us to piss time away with a functional fill in on a dead rubber? Nah mate
Showing your rugby nous again there derps.
Go back and look at the 3-2-1s and read some of the player ratings media post game .
Credit where credit is due. He had a very good game.
Whether he can reproduce it is the question.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Functional is largely what we need though. Number 10 is not our strength at the moment. We need someone who can guide the team around the park, take good options and kick decently.

I'd have Lolesio on the bench and I don't think his progress stops because you don't pick him for a test.

Give me a test against the All Blacks where we don't gift them tries and see how we fare. Then we can work on where to from there.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Only one of maybe 10(?) tries that we conceded came from a mistake made by Noah.

I don't get how the least experienced inside back is copping the blame for a pretty much universal pantsing.

He's been decent and we should persist with him.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Only one of maybe 10(?) tries that we conceded came from a mistake made by Noah.

I don't get how the least experienced inside back is copping the blame for a pretty much universal pantsing.

He's been decent and we should persist with him.
I with you there Derps, after suffering the pain in a couple of tests ,can't see any sense of changing course now! Reckon that boy could well be the future.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Have not seen one person anywhere throw Duncan Paia’aua name up for selection. Did they really just call him back from overseas to hold tackle bags or could he be an option at 10?

He is still only 26 so obviously more of a long term option than cooper and oconnor if he has what it takes

DP has the same issue as Quade - how much do we know about his form? Before he went overseas his form was not good enough to hold a slot down at the Reds. His international experience is limited to playing Barbarians. Has anyone been following Toulon?

He is not being discussed because very few know much about him. I would not have considered him a 10 in his time at the Reds but apparently he plays there (and at 12) in France.

Wait to see how Rennie calls it with the next selections.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Maybe my memory is faulty, but the last time Quade played regularly for the Wallabies he got sin-binned on more than one occasion for high tackles. Hopefully he's fixed his technique over the years, but perhaps a bit of a worry, what with how refs treat high tackles these days?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Have not seen one person anywhere throw Duncan Paia’aua name up for selection. Did they really just call him back from overseas to hold tackle bags or could he be an option at 10?

He is still only 26 so obviously more of a long term option than cooper and oconnor if he has what it takes

He wasn't called back from overseas. He was in Brisbane.

Given he's now set to miss the start of the French Top 14 season, I'd imagine he won't be too happy if he spends the entirety of the Rugby Championship not getting selected.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

I had him on my bench for this test. Must have missed it?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
DP has the same issue as Quade - how much do we know about his form? Before he went overseas his form was not good enough to hold a slot down at the Reds. His international experience is limited to playing Barbarians. Has anyone been following Toulon?

He is not being discussed because very few know much about him. I would not have considered him a 10 in his time at the Reds but apparently he plays there (and at 12) in France.

Wait to see how Rennie calls it with the next selections.
I suspect, Dru, that Rennie has been keeping an eye on him, and wouldn't be in the squad if he didn't see something there.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I suspect, Dru, that Rennie has been keeping an eye on him, and wouldn't be in the squad if he didn't see something there.

I'd agree BR except that, like Quade Duncan was a selection of convenience with him simply being available. Like Quade, he's got as fabulous opportunity in front of him if he can perform and convince in training.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can we give Noah a game in Oz this season against the All Blacks, this is always how we go, we lose twice in NZ and throw the baby out with the bath water looking for the next best thing... There isn't one.. Hodge is not the answer for 10 a back up bench 10 maybe... If its not JOC (James O'Connor) then its Noah..