• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC2021 - Wallabies v Boks @ Suncorp 18/09

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
No restrictions other than wear a mask when not eating/drinking. It was pretty quiet and not a lot of atmosphere to be honest.
Paid for top seats and could have just bought crap seats and sat wherever we wanted.
Hopefully some good results might bring back the crowds.
I found the general atmosphere to be okay. But gee it sucks when you get stuck sitting next to some strange wanker. Bloke looked the part - wearing his Wallabies jersey and had his kids with him. Then proceeded to whine all game and bag everything to his kids. I felt sorry for the kids.

On a brighter note, I believe I recall Reg predicting at the start of the season it would be a big year for Ikitau. Looks like he was on the money.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Really noticeable how Quade is going low and hard in defence and sticking his tackles.

And finding grass with his kicks.

Really enjoying watching his redemption - both for him personally and also for the impact it has had on the test team.

Kerevi has also added to his game. Better in defence and much more respectful with the ball in attack, but still as powerful and dynamic as ever.
His defence had improved while he was still with the Reds, but it was the easiest thing to attack based on reputation so it stuck to him.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I found the general atmosphere to be okay. But gee it sucks when you get stuck sitting next to some strange wanker. Bloke looked the part - wearing his Wallabies jersey and had his kids with him. Then proceeded to whine all game and bag everything to his kids. I felt sorry for the kids.

On a brighter note, I believe I recall Reg predicting at the start of the season it would be a big year for Ikitau. Looks like he was on the money.
He gets it right sometimes.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
A great win and we still have room for improvement - line outs and catching the high ball under pressure.
Well done boys.
And congratulations to Michael Hooper for not resting on his laurels. Mid way through the second half the Stan stats had him leading the tackle count by a big margin.
That turnover in front of the sticks was his second involvement in consecutive phases.

tragic

John Solomon (38)

Aisle 302 by any chance? I had the same experience. Made shiggins seem balanced.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
A great win and we still have room for improvement - line outs and catching the high ball under pressure.
Well done boys.
And congratulations to Michael Hooper for not resting on his laurels. Mid way through the second half the Stan stats had him leading the tackle count by a big margin.
That turnover in front of the sticks was his second involvement in consecutive phases.
Lineout went to pants when the reserves came on.. I would have taken out Philip not Rodda.. But FF (Folau Fainga'a) had a really good game..

We missed Banks contesting and taking high balls who would have thought hey..

Onwards and upwards.. don't think Hodge showed his fullback lock.

So options JOC (James O'Connor) / Hodge... Then Kellaway, Petatia and Wright.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Aisle 302 by any chance? I had the same experience. Made shiggins seem balanced.
No - 331. Wanker is probably the wrong word. But just miserable. Complained constantly.

Anyhow - enough on him. The game was great.

Last edited:

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
South Africa never looked like winning the game. Too focused on thinking about beating the All Blacks to validate their World Cup status and have instead dropped it into question. Well played Wallabies. World Beaters!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wallabies looked to have taken the game up a gear from last week, while the boks just stayed in 1st like last week.

Some really solid tries too, great to see.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Bloody hell. Not used to feeling like this as a Wallabies fan.

Tupou & our backs tonight were sublime. Koroibete's wide pass was delightful, Kellaway is such a smart player. Kerevi is simply impossible to defend.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Fuck me, Swinton just back and doing no arms ankle cutters
The bloke has shot himself in the foot, again

Opens the door perfectly for McMahon to make his return. If it’s anything like what Quade and Kerevi have brought, I’d be expecting him to make a big statement in Townsville.

I believe it’s back to back official MOTM performances for the Japanese based players. McMahon to make it a hatrick.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Swinton was fine. I said it earlier but if WR (World Rugby) are going to enforce head contact rules they need to also look at the attacking player, not only the defender. If they were doing that the yellow would have gone the other way, Vermeulen very clearly led with his shoulder and Swinton was backing out. That said, swinton does need to get lower

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
What is the rule about head to head contact? If head to head is a red then that was probably a red, but fuck me that was innocuous in real time.

Also, pretty sure the player in possession is allowed to lead with the shoulder, no?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Swinton was fine. I said it earlier but if WR (World Rugby) are going to enforce head contact rules they need to also look at the attacking player, not only the defender. If they were doing that the yellow would have gone the other way, Vermeulen very clearly led with his shoulder and Swinton was backing out. That said, swinton does need to get lower

Agree - but yes your final point is the most important. None of this is an issue if Swinton lowers his tackle zone.

We can debate the analysis done by WR (World Rugby) about who’s hitting who and where for days, it’s a nightmare. But the one factor in the players control is their own actions and for that part he isn’t getting it right.