• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
OMFG. New Billions episode has incorporated RONA into the narrative. Masks, elite vaccing, quarantine, WFH.

FUCK THAT SHIT.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ll9V3ts6I0KZfDpaFB/giphy.gif

I tune in to these bullshit narratives to GET AWAY from the horrifying reality of year after year of living with The MotherFucking Wuhan Plague.

I think this is the first time I have seen RONA covered in a telly drama and I CAN'T SAY I LIKE IT.

ps this show has gone FULL "Newsroom" SORKIN. Every character written with the exact same smug pop-culturally omniscient brand of glib wherewithall. GTFO.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Witcher series on Netflix is shite. Which is quite an achievement given they were gifted strong source material from the books and further material, and excellent costume designs, from the games. Instead it's bland costumes, wacky casting, chaotic timelines and many, many stupid changes to the plot and/or characters -- both large and small.

Henry Cavill, the guy playing Dandelion/Jaskier, and Ciri would be the exceptions to this.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Has anyone sat through the Beatles documentary on Disney? It’s brilliant I reckon. Up there with the Last Dance in giving the behind the scenes look at what true genius is.

It changed my perceptions of them all so much (except Ringo who just confirmed my opinions of him).

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Nah, Ringo Starr is a very high bar…

His role throughout the entire process is to wait around for everyone else to sort out their shit, and then be completely faultless when they do finally get to work.

I thought he was the source of the claim that drummers are people who hang around with musicians. Not true anymore, but had some realism at it's heart.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
OMFG. New Billions episode has incorporated RONA into the narrative. Masks, elite vaccing, quarantine, WFH.

FUCK THAT SHIT.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ll9V3ts6I0KZfDpaFB/giphy.gif

I tune in to these bullshit narratives to GET AWAY from the horrifying reality of year after year of living with The MotherFucking Wuhan Plague.

I think this is the first time I have seen RONA covered in a telly drama and I CAN'T SAY I LIKE IT.

ps this show has gone FULL "Newsroom" SORKIN. Every character written with the exact same smug pop-culturally omniscient brand of glib wherewithall. GTFO.

I gave up on Billions a couple of seasons ago...

As for Sorkin... having worked in a few actual newsrooms - Newsroom is some real Game of Thrones fantasy bullshit.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I finally watching Yellowstone, me and Mrs Dan have watched almost 3 series in last few weeks and still making up mind, very much the seems like a mafia on horseback to me.

If anyone wants a recommendation of a good comedy series, I highly suggest 'The Detectorists" top Pommy comedy in my opinion. I really enjoy low key comedies that the Poms are so good at making, and if you need the funny lines to smack you in face, may not be for you, but if a good little subtle one is to your taste , watch it. On Netflix I think, ( I watched it a year or so back)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
five out of eight episodes into Dopesick with Michael Keaton. Bloody great semi-docuseries about the Sackler family, Perdue Pharma and they essentially created the fentanyl crisis in the US. Terrifying and addicting.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I finally watching Yellowstone, me and Mrs Dan have watched almost 3 series in last few weeks and still making up mind, very much the seems like a mafia on horseback to me.

A lot of it I've really enjoyed, but now it seems to be turning into rent-a-villian for me. Took about 3 or 4 episodes to get going, then Seasons 1 & 2 were great, with S3 being good. Have enjoyed the Texas storyline in S4 for something a bit different.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
A lot of it I've really enjoyed, but now it seems to be turning into rent-a-villian for me. Took about 3 or 4 episodes to get going, then Seasons 1 & 2 were great, with S3 being good. Have enjoyed the Texas storyline in S4 for something a bit different.
I will keep watching then PF, as I say sti;; been making up mind a bit, haven't disliked it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That somewhat more famous & significantly wealthier Waiopehu oldboy has a Home Reno show debuting next week. Must-watch TV! Review to follow.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That somewhat more famous & significantly wealthier Waiopehu oldboy has a Home Reno show debuting next week. Must-watch TV! Review to follow.
Saw that WOB, will have to watch one or 2 just because it's Carlos. And to see if his old man gets to put his mug on tv! And I don't mean that in a bad way. We only got your word he's the wealtheir one!!;)

He not living in same neighbourhood up there in Hamilton is he?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ shit no, he's in one of the flash North Eastern suburbs, I'm on the main road to Raglan just inside the City boundary so my Rateable Value is probably pretty similar to his Unimproved (he's got a couple hectares more than me, I believe).

boyo

Mark Ella (57)

Rocco Schiavone: Ice Cold Murders​

I recommend this TV programme to you. I think that the main character's sense of humour will appeal.

"An unorthodox Italian police commissioner finds himself far from his beloved Rome when he is transferred to a mountain station where a murderer is at large. (Italian with English subtitles)."

It's on Stan.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Severance. Fantastic show, feels like watching Westworld season 1 again. Just a series of "what the fuuuuuck". Also the writer of this show cleraly despises corporate life and I don't disagree with them.

Also nearly finished Slow Horses with Gary Oldman, hilarious show, recommend to all. Very John Le Carre. Only 6 episodes, the Brits know how to do it.