• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Technology, The Future, And You.

Technology, The Future, And You.

• I am an insta-influencer, say cheese shithead.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I revel in this futurey shit

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I am up to speed with numerous technological conveniences.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Up to speed but I hate it

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I have to, for my f***ing job.

• Muddling along with it just cos everyone else is

• Begrudgingly tagging along with the bullshit

• Not playing.

• Fuck the future.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Fuck the future and fuck you.

• Total voters

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
One of the first jobs I had was selling mobile phones in Henderson, Auckland.

I will never forget the day that the SonyEricsson rep came in the branch and was telling us bout the phones of the future that would be able to take pictures and send them around the world and pay for our Coke at the vending machine.

We were all like ….fuck off….

Last edited:

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
No problem! Do you have a phono preamp already or is that part of the purchase?
I have the records and a sound bar for the TV. I gave the record player and the amp to my daughter. I'm not sure what to buy from here. I don't know if you lose sound quality in bluetooth or not. Just want to be able to play my 1972 golden earring album.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I have the records and a sound bar for the TV. I gave the record player and the amp to my daughter. I'm not sure what to buy from here. I don't know if you lose sound quality in bluetooth or not. Just want to be able to play my 1972 golden earring album.

OK, a good entry level turntable will be a Pro-Ject Debut and then you'll need a phono preamp to go with it, so you can output a line-level signal for the sound bar.

This article has some additional advice: https://www.whathifi.com/au/advice/how-to-add-a-turntable-to-your-existing-music-system

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
So what you're saying is you can fix my cassette walkman?

kip-dynamite-yes.gif
There are lawyers out there that still use cassette dictaphones and people out their refurbishing them and cleaning the cassettes. Runs out about $700 for the machine and cassettes.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
There are lawyers out there that still use cassette dictaphones and people out their refurbishing them and cleaning the cassettes. Runs out about $700 for the machine and cassettes.
I buy chrome and cobalt-biased cassette tapes wholesale from the National Audio Company in the US.

My last order was 3 cases, 100 tapes in each. $79 for 100 tapes. They sound awesome.

This is my current cassette walkman:

WM-EX910c.jpg

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I buy chrome and cobalt-biased cassette tapes wholesale from the National Audio Company in the US.

My last order was 3 cases, 100 tapes in each. $79 for 100 tapes. They sound awesome.

This is my current cassette walkman:

WM-EX910c.jpg

Does it still have a Mandy Moore tape on rotation?