• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Derps, I can drop her off some clean clothes. Maybe a little g-string bikini. Just shoot me the hotel name and room number. No need to thank me, just doing my bit in solidarity with these Covid times!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I don't think we need to hear about your bit.

Especially the solidarity after he sets up the camera

1633307328811.png

"No, ignore this camera. It is purely decorative. Just go back to your naked hotel activities"

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I've been completing this weekly survey for a while to contribute to a tracking of cold/flu/covid symptoms across the community.

It's a good representation of the impact of lockdowns, and goes to the assertion that influenza is somehow comparable to covid.

Lots or reports and data to explore here:

Attachments

• WeeklyReport_202140_AU.pdf
    507.3 KB · Views: 109

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
And let’s see what happens in a country with minimal restrictions or lockdowns, and a vaccination rate which is still higher per capita than Australia

Sadly those deaths in September 2021 are in counties in the southern states where vaccination is low. Unsurprisingly they're also counties that voted for 45 in the last election. The tragedy continues.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Well I guess given the widespread availability of vaccines in the US (you can rock up to a Walgreens and get it for free practically everywhere apparently) those folks have effectively done it to themselves.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The whole scenario and statistical analysis is confusing for the average person.
We have shockingly high deaths in the US which has minimal restrictions or lockdowns. However the most locked down region in the world, Victoria with 6 lockdowns and the longest of any country, still records over a thousand cases and several deaths per day.

Tragic's 'just like the flu" stats show a big number of deaths yet if you compare that number to the total population of America you could be forgiven for saying that Covid has a 99.8% rate of survival.

Just to complicate matters further, we have contrasting statistical, government, and media approaches to Covid treatments like Ivermectin. To all extents and purposes it is banned in Australia based on studies. Yet One America News Network reports the most populated state in India (Uttar Pradesh, popn 240 million) just declared they are officially COVID free after promoting widespread use of the safe, proven medicine.

We are encouraged and forced to get vaccinated, but when a NSW health official recently announced the deaths of 7 people in one day she said 6 of them were vaccinated.

Conflicted, confusing, and contradictory is the best way to describe the wall of words around Covid. No wonder there are so many different opinions about it.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The whole scenario and statistical analysis is confusing for the average person.
We have shockingly high deaths in the US which has minimal restrictions or lockdowns. However the most locked down region in the world, Victoria with 6 lockdowns and the longest of any country, still records over a thousand cases and several deaths per day.

Tragic's 'just like the flu" stats show a big number of deaths yet if you compare that number to the total population of America you could be forgiven for saying that Covid has a 99.8% rate of survival.

Just to complicate matters further, we have contrasting statistical, government, and media approaches to Covid treatments like Ivermectin. To all extents and purposes it is banned in Australia based on studies. Yet One America News Network reports the most populated state in India (Uttar Pradesh, popn 240 million) just declared they are officially COVID free after promoting widespread use of the safe, proven medicine.

We are encouraged and forced to get vaccinated, but when a NSW health official recently announced the deaths of 7 people in one day she said 6 of them were vaccinated.

Conflicted, confusing, and contradictory is the best way to describe the wall of words around Covid. No wonder there are so many different opinions about it.
None of that seems contradictory.

Reactions: dru

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well that's the end of the mandatory vax debate. From The Australian today:
Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce says federal politicians should not be forced to be vaccinated.

Tex

John Thornett (49)

I've spent a lot of time in India. Don't use it as a reference to guide policy making in Australia.

It's apples to chapattis

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Can you be happy to be vaccinated but find the coercion troubling?
Hopefully it's a temporary suspension of norms. There are extraordinary circumstances at the moment, but yes, I see how coercion is troubling.

For me I still fall on the balance of public health but can appreciate how some are violently against mandates.