• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
The ranking system is the ranking system we've got. It's not that it isn't good, on the whole it stands up to scrutiny. The issue we have is how being segregated from NH tests for so long. The number of test we have against the ABs is a real negative to the ranking, given our comparative standing. But two wins against the then world champion #1 team has a massive swing the other way.

France helped also but not their top 23.

In some way s the current ranking flatters. We'll know more accurately after the EOYT.
Yeah, pretty much. I don't think it's unreasonable to aim to win the RWC (not just make the final), but those rankings are close. You can throw a blanket over 3rd to 10th

Reactions: dru

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Wallaby vs France 1st Test
Metro GEM: 323,000
Metro + Regional: 429,000
Stan: 200,000
Total: 629,000

Wallaby vs France 2nd Test
Metro GEM: 326,000
Metro + Regional: TBC
Stan: TBC
Total: TBC

Wallabies vs France 3rd Test
Metro Nine: 496,000
Metro + Regional: 691,000

Bledisloe Cup Game 1
Metro GEM: 304,000
Metro + Regional: 395,000

Bledisloe Cup Game 3
Metro GEM: 281,000

Wallabies vs Sprinboks Game 1
Metro GEM: 263,000

Wallabies vs Sprinboks Game 2
Metro GEM: 336,000
Metro + Regional: 464,000

Wallabies vs Argentina Game 1
Metro Nine: 269,000
Metro + Regional: 407,000

Australia v Argentina Game 2
Metro GEM: 264,000
Metro + Regional 363,000

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Which is a shame, the URC with South Africa in it is a pretty interesting competition.
They launched their own streaming service $140 to buy the season. Big no from me to that. Even the NFL as a casual fan it annoys me that you have to get the league pass but they offer 16 games a week not that anyone has time to watch them all

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
News Corp have taken a strange turn and writing positive articles about rugby again, are they finally over the ‘acting-out’ phase of the break up?
The penny has dropped that a significant share of their readership are rah rahs. No point upsetting them for nothing.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The main thing the World Rugby rankings have shown over the longer term is that teams 3-7 are very closely ranked and those spots can shift dramatically with just a few results.

The All Blacks have consistently been the number one side in the world and for the most part that has held true.

The Springboks got to number 1 at the RWC because it is worth double points and invariably the side that wins will finish number one in the world rankings.

They stayed there since the RWC because they didn't play, dropped down to second after a couple of losses to the Wallabies and All Blacks but then retook first place with a win against the All Blacks in their last test.

In general I think they are a pretty reasonable representation. People who complain about them invariably can't come up with a better system that is entirely objective.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Invariably winning Southern Hemisphere teams rise during TRC and winning Northern Hemisphere teams rise during the Six Nations. We probably aren't actually the third best team in the world but it's a great short term feeling and it's a long time since we've been this high.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Invariably winning Southern Hemisphere teams rise during TRC and winning Northern Hemisphere teams rise during the Six Nations. We probably aren't actually the third best team in the world but it's a great short term feeling and it's a long time since we've been this high.
Yep as we just beat 3rd string French side - I reckon French, English and maybe Irish sides we would struggle to beat but equally both those sides would / should give a tough tussle for boks and ABs. Always good when have strong NH competitors as good for the game. Hence outside of wallabies winning next World Cup would not mind a NH team winning it.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Has anyone done an analysis of FTA ratings, and does anyone know how many rugby subscribers there are on Stan.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see Stan are advertising the game against Japan. Who's showing the other 3 games after that?
The Roar shows it as 9/Stan so fingers crossed they're correct & are all live!!

1634189735399.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Amazon Prime have the rights to the majority of games in Europe so I wouldn't be surprised if it's there.
Aren't there rules in Aus regarding tests in any sports being shown on FTA, so will see them on 9/Stan. RA would of have it tied into touring agreement.