• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
That's a weird choice. Why not whack it on Gem at 3.30pm on a Saturday? I guess they're trying to show off Stan now. Not going to convert many fans to rugby with this game, but might get a few more people to sign up to Stan.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
That's a weird choice. Why not whack it on Gem at 3.30pm on a Saturday? I guess they're trying to show off Stan now. Not going to convert many fans to rugby with this game, but might get a few more people to sign up to Stan.

Very strange choice, literally no other footy on either, in any code. I thought there was an agreement that all games in certain codes featuring the national side had to be shown on FTA?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Very strange choice, literally no other footy on either, in any code. I thought there was an agreement that all games in certain codes featuring the national side had to be shown on FTA?
Apparently not. Home games and all games against the Darkness. Apparently old movies rate better.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Domestic tests......... yes.

Overseas tests.......... no.

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
Have they fixed the issue of Stan not being allowed in licensed venues?

Limited sport on and the first weekend of vertical drinking in Sydney and first week out of lockdown in Melbourne it would be a disaster if every pub on the eastern seaboard didn't have it on at least one screen,

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The anti-siphoning laws. Applies to domestic content and all it really means is that a local broadcaster has to have the option of broadcasting it if they want to, i believe.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
If I was RA, I'd be on the phone to 9 trying to get it on 9 GEM (the home of rugby) to get all the matches on TV, specially in the time where nothing else is on.

I can't tell yet, but does anyone know if the northern tour will at least be on Stan ?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
If I was RA, I'd be on the phone to 9 trying to get it on 9 GEM (the home of rugby) to get all the matches on TV, specially in the time where nothing else is on.

I can't tell yet, but does anyone know if the northern tour will at least be on Stan ?
It had better be!!!!!

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Connal McInerney?

Really?? The McKellar influence is strong...........................:oops:

Cue Brumby fans indignant retorts.. I'll get my popcorn ready
If he takes the field that will mean that all three Brumby Hookers have played in consecutive test matches and I wonder who the forwards coach is o_O

10 Brumbies in the squad, and if Banks was not injured that would be 11

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Connal McInerney?

Really?? The McKellar influence is strong...........................:oops:

Cue Brumby fans indignant retorts.. I'll get my popcorn ready

Indignant... adjective, feeling or showing anger or annoyance at what is perceived as unfair treatment.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Who's fake profile are you ?
Is that a serious question?

McInerney, 3rd rated at hooker at the Brumbies a couple of months ago is now on the verge of a test debut?

Kaituú, Lonergan, Mafi, BPA, Porecki, Uelese are all in front of this bloke...... I'd even bring in James Hanson if we were that busted for hookers.

No doubt he's a great bloke and all that but he's a plodder who gets a run at the Brumbies when one of the other 2 aren't available.

Happy for him to get his test cap and all that, but it does show they're not that worried about Japan.

This is a free cap for a bloke who will never play another test courtesy of McKellar......

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
If he takes the field that will mean that all three Brumby Hookers have played in consecutive test matches and I wonder who the forwards coach is o_O

10 Brumbies in the squad, and if Banks was not injured that would be 11
I don't even think Cheika could pull that one off and he was hammered for favouritism from day 1 in the job...... (except most of the Tahs blokes he picked had beaten NZ's best in winning Super Rugby 2014 and got to the RWC final in 2015)

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
He was selected by Rennie to join the squad last year.........
Rennie had half of the OZ Super Rugby players in his "squad" last year to check them out. McInerney was then moved on with the rest of them.

Serious question then....

Where do you rate him amongst this list?

Kaituú, Lonergan, Mafi, BPA, Porecki, Uelese? I'd personally have him at the back end of that queue.

Would you have picked him?