• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Japan, Oita - 23 October, 3:45pm AEDT

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Japan's greatest performances have been the result of years of targeted training and heightened focus and energy. The wins over Ireland and in particular Scotland at the World Cup were monuments. I'd be staggered if they could repeat them!

We'll see what they're going to do in terms of managing imports.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Paisami is starting at 12 apparently, Kerevi didn’t recover in time. Cooper at flyhalf and rest of team announced this afternoon.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
It will be good for Paisami to have an opportunity outside Cooper. He is also an option at 13 down the track when Kerevi returns.
Plus Ikitau in stronger form than when they last played together.

Paisami can just go back to running his lines and shelve the second playmaker role. Quade will find him if he is space.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1. James Slipper (110 Tests)

2. Folau Fainga’a (21 Tests)

3. Taniela Tupou (35 Tests)

4. Izack Rodda (30 Tests)

5. Matt Philip (19 Tests)

6. Rob Leota (2 Tests)

7. Michael Hooper (c) (115 Tests)

8. Rob Valetini (14 Tests)

9. Nic White (43 Tests)

10. Quade Cooper (74 Tests)

11. Andrew Kellaway (9 Tests)

12. Hunter Paisami (11 Tests)

13. Len Ikitau (9 Tests)

14. Tom Wright (6 Tests)

15. Reece Hodge (53 Tests)

Replacements

16. Connal McInerney*

17. Angus Bell (12 Tests)

18. Allan Ala'alatoa (50 Tests)

19. Darcy Swain (9 Tests)

20. Pete Samu (15 Tests)

21. Tate McDermott (11 Tests)

22. James O’Connor (57 Tests)

23. Jordan Petaia (14 Tests)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
interesting to see Leota get another crack. Congratulations to Connal on his debut, can’t say I know anything about him tbh.

our backline looks significantly less flashy with Koroibete out of it. Kellaway, Wright & Hodge isn’t a particularly intimidating combination.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
interesting to see Leota get another crack. Congratulations to Connal on his debut, can’t say I know anything about him tbh.

our backline looks significantly less flashy with Koroibete out of it. Kellaway, Wright & Hodge isn’t a particularly intimidating combination.
Well he's the 3rd Brumbies hooker to get test time this season so obviously Brumbies hookers rock.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1634793978212.png

Four players with Aussie connections in the side. Jack Cornelson, Ben Gunter, James Moore and Dylan Riley.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
With Kellaway and Wright starting, surely our backline height average drops under 170cms?
Really Koro would be the shortest winger of the lot and Wright and Kellaway are both 6'2.

Maybe if you said Hunter you'd have made more sense..

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Maybe not our best line up, but given who's available quite probably not our worst I've seen