• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland vs Australia - Murrayfield, 8 Nov 1:15AM AEDT

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If you asked the NH who the best 3 locks in the NH are during club rugby, I guarantee any astute rugby pundits would have Skelton and Arnold in the top 3. There's a reason La Rochelle played Toulouse in the Top 14 final and the Heineken Cup final.

Not being a dick but if you haven't watched them since they left Aus rugby you're kinda clueless. They're different players (and yeah it's a bad look for Aus rugby that they didn't develop here as much as over there).
I remember Rocky Elsom, rated the best player in the world by some when playing in Europe. came back to Aus and really disappointed. Think there might be a few others in similar circumstances, Lolofakisolea?

Reactions: dru

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I’m happy to acknowledge your point that my view is ‘uninformed’ but I just think there is a tendency to overhype OS players form and look at players to be the Messiah. Then turn on them if they don’t live up to it.
Doesn't have to be so binary. Maybe players develop overseas and improve without suddenly becoming the messiah.

Skeltons form warrants a look. Pretty much all anyone is saying.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Wallabies team to play Scotland at 1:15am AEDT Monday
1. James Slipper (111 Tests)
2. Folau Fainga’a (22 Tests)
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (51 Tests)
4. Rory Arnold (26 Tests)
5. Izack Rodda (31 Tests)
6. Rob Leota (3 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper (c) (116 Tests)
8. Rob Valetini (15 Tests)
9. Nic White (44 Tests)
10. James O’Connor (58 Tests)
11. Jordan Petaia (15 Tests)
12. Hunter Paisami (12 Tests)
13. Len Ikitau (10 Tests)
14. Tom Wright (7 Tests)
15. Andrew Kellaway (10 Tests)
Replacements
16. Connal McInerney (1 Test)
17. Angus Bell (13 Tests)
18. Taniela Tupou (36 Tests)
19. Will Skelton (18 Tests)
20. Pete Samu (16 Tests)
21. Tate McDermott (12 Tests)
22. Kurtley Beale (92 Tests)
23. Izaia Perese*
*denotes uncapped

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Looks strong. The only change I would make is Latu in for McInerney.
Looking forward to this game.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Definitely a strong looking forward pack. The go forward we could get out of Skelton Samu and Valentini when all are on at the same time could be amazing

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Looks strong. The only change I would make is Latu in for McInerney.
Looking forward to this game.
Yep pretty happy with what he has gone for there. Really looking forward to seeing Arnold and Skelton. That’s a bloody good impact from the bench with tupou, Skelton and samu coming on

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I wonder why Latu didn't get a run, while Arnold and Skelton did.
I dunno, maybe it was just too many changes to the systems.

also, Arnold and Skelton have been the two crying out for inclusion. Latu hasn’t been nearly as on form.

Bloody hell im excited for that team though, such a crying shame we don’t have Kerevi, Koroibete and Cooper there too.

that bench with Skelton and Tupou sitting on it might need some steel reinforcement.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Scottish team for the weekend. No Tuipuluto sadly.

Strongest forward pack they have and best backline considering who’s available. Scottish fans seem quite positive about it all.

Attachments

• 3E04EF6C-2CAA-4BC5-B198-D19A5E42EFAD.jpeg
    3E04EF6C-2CAA-4BC5-B198-D19A5E42EFAD.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 134

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The Wallabies have taken on a lot of the intricacies of the Brumbies line out play and the hooker role has to be across a fairly large play book - not just the line out calls but the phase 1 play after that. I can see where it would take a fair bit more time to get up to speed.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Geeez the amount of force and weight behind a Taniela and Skeleton pairing for 30 minutes its terrifying. Hopefully they dish up some 6 nation medicine to the home nations.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
It will be interesting to see our line out dynamics when Skelton replaces a legitimate jumping lock late in the game.
Rennie will have that planned for.