• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2022

Super Rugby 2022

• Go Blues

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Go cantabs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go other NZ team.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go Force

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Go Tahs

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Go Brumbies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Go Rebs

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Go new PI teams

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go any team that plays the cantabs

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hard to do when more and more government policy is seemingly being made up more and more on the fly, unfortunately. If it's anything like their most recent plan for changing restrictions then they'll drop the requirements by January/February.

Thanks to kamikaze Collins burning Bridges then being thrown into the fire herself, they'll now likely get a free pass, in the short term at least :(.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I see the Super powers gather on Monday to discuss how next season will pan out.
I actually wonder if this new Covid variant coming from South Africa doesn't attempt to throw another spanner in the works.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I see the Super powers gather on Monday to discuss how next season will pan out.
I actually wonder if this new Covid variant coming from South Africa doesn't attempt to throw another spanner in the works.
I doubt it.

Australia will be fully ‘open’ for roughly 3 months by the time Super Rugby is due to start. I doubt any variants or the like will cause us to regress back to a lockdown situation.

NZ need to come to the party. Even if keep roughly the same guidelines, it’s crazy to hold a global competition off this late in the COVID game. There need to be exemptions made.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'm not going back into lockdown.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I wouldn't be upset with an AU competition again, it was awesome to watch
I feel the same. But this situation is a bit different, it’s a one way issue. I imagine NZRU are quite frustrated with their government.

This is the competition they wanted, so I think it’s more likely we could see a revised draw with all teams playing in Australia for a few weeks.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
NZ is roughly at the same level as Australia for eligible population vaccinated. NZ has a very complicated and uncertain process for reopening that Is causing a lot of angst I have heard from NZ residents.
Jacinta Arden is really an over promoted student politician scratch the surface there’s nothing there.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I doubt any variants or the like will cause us to regress back to a lockdown situation.
Other countries have said this but ended up back in lockdown. If we get to a point where our hospitals can't cope with the numbers then the state governments will be forced to resort to lockdowns. We've seen this overseas. Seems unlikely but certainly possible particularly if some gnarly new variant hits our shores.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Other countries have said this but ended up back in lockdown. If we get to a point where our hospitals can't cope with the numbers then the state governments will be forced to resort to lockdowns. We've seen this overseas. Seems unlikely but certainly possible particularly if some gnarly new variant hits our shores.

Borders closed to those countries.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I doubt it.

Australia will be fully ‘open’ for roughly 3 months by the time Super Rugby is due to start. I doubt any variants or the like will cause us to regress back to a lockdown situation.

NZ need to come to the party. Even if keep roughly the same guidelines, it’s crazy to hold a global competition off this late in the COVID game. There need to be exemptions made.
Mate, I don't know if you read the news, but Europe is staring to close off to SA again, because of the new Covid variant. I am happy for Gov't to open up, but I doubt whether they will be prepared to open up for rugby, as they will get to much shit from their supporters maybe for special treatment. I don't know who right or wrong, I not a medical person but I worried this new variant just may cause some hesitation of borders opening.
IWe got different Gov'ts handling it all different ways, we got Aunty Cindy creeping along, you got Donald Trump lite trying to do whatever you Labour leaders don't want, so not sure we will be on same page for awhile.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What's the go with the new variant, anyway? We know anything about it yet?
From what news saying , it appears to be one that is attacking a younger age group, and perhaps can see how it is eveolving as they got the least vaccinated around world?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)

Borders closed to those countries.
I wasnt referring to any specific country. I was just referring to the inevitable spread of covid that we will be living with once international travel is back and mandatory quarantines are gone. The south african variant, and any other variants will eventually find their way to aus