• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Beaten to it by Adam. Here's a link to the details.

Brilliant decision IMHO. SydneyFC took their games from feeling empty to having full grounds with great atmosphere, by moving to Kogarah Oval while the SFS was rebuilt. Waratahs moving to Leichardt is a great move IMHO. I just hope they can set up a video screen for replays & scores. That was the only thing missing from the two Rebels matches I watched there last year.

I know I'll be doing my part in making it loud!

Seems weird there being no Brookvale Oval nor Wollongong Stadium matches.

Could it be because now the wests tigers have moved the Tahs basically get free reign of Leichhart?

Alex Ross (28)
5 of 7 at Leichhardt.
Thats so much easier to get to than Parramatta. Not to mention the dozens of high quality pubs and dining options within walking distance….

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
5 of 7 at Leichhardt.
Thats so much easier to get to than Parramatta. Not to mention the dozens of high quality pubs and dining options within walking distance….
Long walking distance for me, but not many "quality pubs or restaurants" close

You need to get across Victoria Road (Corner Bar is great) or the 3 weeds and that is a bit of a walk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Long walking distance for me, but not many "quality pubs or restaurants" close

It might not be the right direction for you, but there are plenty of pubs in Balmain/Rozelle - most would consider the Riverview and the London as quality. Closer (Rozelle) are the Weeds and the Welcome. Rugby pubs. Personally my old haunt was the Drydock - a major low class dump of a dive if there ever was one, but to me it had charm. Dicks is another rugby pub.

Aparrently the Balmain is where the Balmain rugby boys hang out.

The pub right close (to Leichardt Oval) isn't great but works for a watering hole, but travel a touch further if you are after class.

If you are coming in from the East, think about a ferry to Balmain. Then the London, DIcks, Welcome, on your way gradually getting closer to the rugby. Sounds like a good afternoon to me.

Last edited:

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's a shame there's no Wollongong this year - just means I'll need to travel further for a game now.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

Beaten to it by Adam. Here's a link to the details.

Brilliant decision IMHO. SydneyFC took their games from feeling empty to having full grounds with great atmosphere, by moving to Kogarah Oval while the SFS was rebuilt. Waratahs moving to Leichardt is a great move IMHO. I just hope they can set up a video screen for replays & scores. That was the only thing missing from the two Rebels matches I watched there last year.

I know I'll be doing my part in making it loud!

Seems weird there being no Brookvale Oval nor Wollongong Stadium matches.
I think Brookvale might be unavailable due to redevelopment

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It might not be the right direction for you, but there are plenty of pubs in Balmain/Rozelle - most would consider the Riverview and the London as quality. Closer (Rozelle) are the Weeds and the Welcome. Rugby pubs. Personally my old haunt was the Drydock - a major low class dump of a dive if there ever was one, but to me it had charm. Dicks is another rugby pub.

Aparrently the Balmain is where the Balmain rugby boys hang out.

The pub right close isn't great but works for a watering hole, but travel a touch further if you are after class.

If you are coming in from the East, think about a ferry to Balmain. Then the London, DIcks, Welcome, on your way gradually getting closer to the rugby. Sounds like a good afternoon to me.
Balmain wharf is 4kms that is a serious pub crawl

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
I used to walk it both ways to the rugby when available, but yes. Hence:

Ferry to London <1k. Pint.
London to Dicks <1k. Pint.
Dicks to Welcome <1k. Pint.
1.5k to the ground.
Welcome to 3 weeds
3 weeds to Orange Grove
300m to ground

Reactions: dru

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
On the best team, is it right that Hanigan doesn't return until mid season?
If that's the case:
1. Bell 2. Porecki 3. Smith 4. Douglas 5. Holloway 6. Swinton 7. Hooper 8. Warren-Voyasaco 9. Gordon (c) 10. Harrison 11. Ramm 12. Foketi 13. Perese 14. Peitch 15. Donaldson
Res: Horton, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Faulkner, Sinclair, Harris, Robertson, Edmed, Newsome

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
On the best team, is it right that Hanigan doesn't return until mid season?
If that's the case:
1. Bell 2. Porecki 3. Smith 4. Douglas 5. Holloway 6. Swinton 7. Hooper 8. Warren-Voyasaco 9. Gordon (c) 10. Harrison 11. Ramm 12. Foketi 13. Perese 14. Peitch 15. Donaldson
Res: Horton, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Faulkner, Sinclair, Harris, Robertson, Edmed, Newsome
Man it is going to be a long season. At least Hoops is back to carry the team (bloke carries every team he's in).

I am excited to see what Vosayaco and Perese can do. Damaging runners.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
good, I might actually travel out to watch a few more Tahs games not involving the Reds now. Plenty of drinking and eating options in the inner west also.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Excited about Leichhardt, obviously not going to suit everybody but I think it is a really good ground to watch rugby.

They need to have proper Bar/Food facilities, Parramatta stadium has no issues there (in fact they are great), but Leichhardt? Much like Brookvale you could be waiting 40 minutes for a beer, and nothing to do with the crowd number but more about service.

Anyway, let's be positive hopefully they put on a good show, and perhaps they can have a junior game beforehand.

Go Tahs! And yes they need to rent a big screen for the game

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Excited about Leichhardt, obviously not going to suit everybody but I think it is a really good ground to watch rugby.

They need to have proper Bar/Food facilities, Parramatta stadium has no issues there (in fact they are great), but Leichhardt? Much like Brookvale you could be waiting 40 minutes for a beer, and nothing to do with the crowd number but more about service.

Anyway, let's be positive hopefully they put on a good show, and perhaps they can have a junior game beforehand.

Go Tahs! And yes they need to rent a big screen for the game
Flask