• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Tram to Leichahdt was a pretty good trip from Chinatown. A bit late here on the Brookvale oval topic but maybe it was unavailable? I don't think the Tahs will have first preference, also pretty sure they are renovating the venue

Except the tram is broken

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think the tram will be up and running again next month on reduced services. But i think it's stopping 1 stop short of Leichhardt.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think the tram will be up and running again next month on reduced services. But i think it's stopping 1 stop short of Leichhardt.

While services between Lilyfield and Central Grand Concourse will partially reopen from February 2022, full services to Dulwich Hill will not resume until October.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
1. Bell 2. Porecki 3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Hanigan 5. Holloway
6. Swinton 8. Vosayaco 7. Hoops
9. Gordon 10. Harrison 11. Ramm 12. Foketi 13. Perese 14. Nawaqanitawase 15. Donaldson

16. Horton 17. Faulkner 18. Smith 19. Douglas 20. Sinclair 21. Grant 22. Newsome 23. Funa

Still very dubious re Nawaqanitawase

Immensely physically talented unit, not a great rugby player

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Leichhardt Oval is good for watching games but the hospitality is terrible (buying food or beer there generally involves massive lines) and it is not convenient to get to for most people.

I'm an old Balmain Tigers fan so I have been there more times than I can count and I will be going this year but outside of being a great spot to watch the game, everything else about it is pretty average.

It's a long walk to any of the decent pubs in the area.

In terms of Brookvale Oval, it draws a big crowd of mostly locals and certainly brings in a lot of locals who won't travel for games elsewhere but my god it sucks to get to for everyone else.

Anyway, we've just got to get through this season and then should have a nice new stadium that is conveniently located for most people to play at.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Leichhardt Oval is good for watching games but the hospitality is terrible (buying food or beer there generally involves massive lines) and it is not convenient to get to for most people.

I'm an old Balmain Tigers fan so I have been there more times than I can count and I will be going this year but outside of being a great spot to watch the game, everything else about it is pretty average.

It's a long walk to any of the decent pubs in the area.

In terms of Brookvale Oval, it draws a big crowd of mostly locals and certainly brings in a lot of locals who won't travel for games elsewhere but my god it sucks to get to for everyone else.

Anyway, we've just got to get through this season and then should have a nice new stadium that is conveniently located for most people to play at.
Leichhardt also looks good on TV, which is something. Looked like a pretty good surface last year as well, which has been a problem at Brookie for several years.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I believe the surface is the reason Brookvale Council said no, they’ve laid new grass as part of the development and don’t want it getting ripped up by rugby

Alex Ross (28)
I don’t know much about Geoff Cridge other than Sam Lousi kept him out of the Hurricane’s match day squad.
He can’t be worse than Whetton though one would hope.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, that winger that plays for Northern Suburbs, is a try-scoring machine in the SS yet he looked way out of his league in Super Rugby. Maybe there is no one around at the moment that is worth a spot? I could be wrong, I

In any case, surely they will eventually land a good signing (Kiwi)

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Gee when you sign a new coach on the basis of his knowledge and contacts in the Shute Shield and you still have to sign kiwis, perhaps it’s a sign the SS isn’t the answer to all Australian Rugby’s answers?
It's probably a good indication of Sydney rugby that a bloke like Darren Coleman, with a resume that includes the Brumbies academy, Japan, US, and NRC, is reduced to "HE WON SHUTE SHIELDS WITH TWO CLUBS!!!".

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interested by this line from Coleman regarding the signing of development player Tuipolotu at THP

“We had some unforeseen personnel losses at prop and needed to strengthen our squad in that area,” Coleman said.

Who have they lost? Tatola, Fifita and Breen all played at THP for them I think - ARE there stories behind their departures beyond 'they were dropped'?

For THP
- the incumbent is HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes),
- the journeyman is Ruan Smith
- the newly promoted is Tauakipulu
- the WTS is Archie Holz