• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think the Rhino’s been around for about 10 years.

I’d be surprised if they changed the official colour from Maroon to red but the QRU changed the colour of the Reds jersey until they switched it back in the last few years.

Last edited:

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Will be interesting to see how different clubs go with the Reds and Reds academy players being placed in a hard bubble. My mail is that they won’t be in clubland at all.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Will be interesting to see how different clubs go with the Reds and Reds academy players being placed in a hard bubble. My mail is that they won’t be in clubland at all.

I understand the need to be cautious, but you can see where some of the frustration is coming from players, more so currently in the NRL about being placed in hard isolation situations if they want to continue playing.

QLD is about to open all it's borders from this weekend without any need for passes etc., yet the Reds still need to be placed in a bubble?

Isn't that what the RATs are for? Competitions around the world have been using them now for a while to maintain some level of confidence that the playing groups are COVID free.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Agree that isn't great, but you'd hope the re-stocks are arriving soon. Fingers crossed there is a different solution by the time the actual season starts, still a while to go.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Are the Oates rumours accurate? Kye seems to be training with the Reds.
3639E25B-ECD3-4989-B807-3F06B1EB5929.jpeg

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Heard Jethro Felemi and Niven Longopoa are leaving GPS and playing for Brothers

Sounds like the Premier side at GPS has lost a number of players to various clubs, I saw some familiar faces in the Souths Premier Grade video. Anything of note happen in the off-season?

Seems odd to lose a bunch of guys after finishing runners up in the competition.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Sounds like the Premier side at GPS has lost a number of players to various clubs, I saw some familiar faces in the Souths Premier Grade video. Anything of note happen in the off-season?

Seems odd to lose a bunch of guys after finishing runners up in the competition.

Haven't heard of anything of note over the offseason. All the players I heard that have left were not really regular starters in 1's so maybe looking for other opportunities? I'm sure GPS isn't too worried as they have a good crop of Colts players coming through this year.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
Haven't heard of anything of note over the offseason. All the players I heard that have left were not really regular starters in 1's so maybe looking for other opportunities? I'm sure GPS isn't too worried as they have a good crop of Colts players coming through this year.
Which Colts graduates would you expect to challenge for a Prems Spot at Jeeps?

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Which Colts graduates would you expect to challenge for a Prems Spot at Jeeps?
From the names I do know, I'd say Bas Ward, John Downes and Floyd Aubrey are probably the most likely of getting a shot at some stage. That's not really saying anything though, as they've all played there before.

I was more making a point that the guys leaving are fringe/reggies players and that I think there would be players from that premiership-winning Colts team to fill those roles

Last edited:

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
From the names I do know, I'd say Bas Ward, John Downes and Floyd Aubrey are probably the most likely of getting a shot at some stage. That's really saying anything though, as they've all played there before.

I was more making a point that the guys leaving are fringe/reggies players and that I think there would be players from that premiership-winning Colts team to fill those roles
Fair enough. I reckon Ben Geraghty should have some decent prospects of getting some chances here and there. Maybe Harry Barker as well -he's just one of those players that seems to get it done when it counts. TSS/Bond Winger Hamish Roberts was/is like that.

Good to see Jeeps building some depth through internal grass root pathways.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree Geraghty would be a chance for a spot in first grade . Other than those already named , think Campbell Moller might also get some time at 13. He runs great lines , tackles vey well and seems tough enough.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
From the names I do know, I'd say Bas Ward, John Downes and Floyd Aubrey are probably the most likely of getting a shot at some stage. That's not really saying anything though, as they've all played there before.

Jethro is a fringe/reggies player? He played for Tonga in the recent internationals.