• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7 Reds v Brumbies, Suncorp Stadium 2/4 @ 6:45pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
My question is.... who of the two cc's has the decision making on the night, e.g. a Reds penalty 30 metres out from the Brumbies try line. Does Wright or McDermott make the decision as to kick for 3 points or go for the corner?
Looked like JOC (James O'Connor) was making a few of the calls last week too - even when both CCs were on the field

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
It’s not just the refs to be fair.
We know that too :D

Haven’t had any time for pre game chat. Crappy week. I’ve got to a point with games between these two teams where I know they’ll both give it a good crack, and I just enjoy it for what it is. The only loss that grated was the GF last year. Home game the other week was a cracker to be at. Just a good tough match. No one was giving a inch. Looking forward to more of the same this weekend hopefully but hopefully a few more tries (mainly to us of course). ;)

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Has Henry ever played 13 do you know? What are the qualities you see in him there that put him above Flook and Stewart in the team?
Reg, where and when did I say Henry had qualities above Stewart, other than goal kicking? Never, so don’t twist the comments to make you the hero. Henry is stronger than Flook in the centre channel in attack and defence, in the areas of offloads, direct passing, field kicking (long and short), goal kicking, more elusive footwork, touches of the ball, and most of all a stronger runner penetrating the line. Did you not watch them both play in clubland last year? I’m not here to bag Flook, but let’s keep it in perspective.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reg, where and when did I say Henry had qualities above Stewart, other than goal kicking? Never, so don’t twist the comments to make you the hero. Henry is stronger than Flook in the centre channel in attack and defence, in the areas of offloads, direct passing, field kicking (long and short), goal kicking, more elusive footwork, touches of the ball, and most of all a stronger runner penetrating the line. Did you not watch them both play in clubland last year? I’m not here to bag Flook, but let’s keep it in perspective.

If Henry is that better at Super level, then we are onto a great thing.

hope your right.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Wow. Why the aggressive response? I asked a genuine question? I was intrigued about your thinking about Henry playing 13 so asked if he’d played there? I just thought he was was a 10, 12 15 (with some 9 at school? I think?). I guess by extension I was curious about the qualities you saw in him as a 13?

As for the Stewart comment perhaps I misunderstood your comments. I thought he was dropping out of the team so Paisami could play 12?

I don’t think they were unreasonable questions and they definitely weren’t asked for any intent around being a hero????

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

To be fair, you’ve gone and listed the qualities that you think Henry has above Flook in this post here, Which is what Reg asked you

Last edited:

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Wow. Why the aggressive response? I asked a genuine question? I was intrigued about your thinking about Henry playing 13 so asked if he’d played there? I just thought he was was a 10, 12 15 (with some 9 at school? I think?). I guess by extension I was curious about the qualities you saw in him as a 13?

As for the Stewart comment perhaps I misunderstood your comments. I thought he was dropping out of the team so Paisami could play 12?

I don’t think they were unreasonable questions and they definitely weren’t asked for any intent around being a hero????
Apologies Reg. Frustration not aggression. Me wanting to see Henry play at 13 in conjunction with the others I mentioned, is perceived as such an off the planet suggestion. The duties of 12 and 13 are similar, and it’s not like I have suggested I’d like to see him play in the forwards.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I get the reference to Petaia, but that’s harsh on Paisami’s for this year. From memory he’s been TOTW contender every week he’s played and I can’t remember too many errors.
Yep - I feel like Paisami figured out (was told) that one or two big impacts a game whilst playing reliable footy are better than attempting five big impacts and leaving yourself exposed when they don’t come off.

I’ll be interested to see how he holds his form against the NZ teams. At the moment I think he’s a clear pick at 12 from the Wallabies if Kerevi not available for some games.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
It’s an interesting scenario - I wonder how Paisami feels about being considered the ‘next best’ option. If I was him I’d be pushing for the permanent gig at 13. Of course that’s no easy assignment either given Ikitau’s form last year and this and the fact Ikitau has a very good left boot. But probably easier than ousting Kerevi.

One way or another Paisami needs to get himself to the front of a queue, not into the role of place keeper.

Reactions: dru

griffins

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Are all the Brumbies supporters holding off posting until they know which ref it is they are bagging?
Number of engaged Brumbies fans is right down across the board. Fickle public servants have drifted back to the Raiders and the Brums are struggling.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Number of engaged Brumbies fans is right down across the board. Fickle public servants have drifted back to the Raiders and the Brums are struggling.
I'd say something about fair-weather fans, but is the weather ever fair down there?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

All I’m saying, is that I would like to see the combo of Paisami 12 and Henry 13, along with my other proposed outside backs. Thorn probably has a different vision so I may never see it. There is no question over Stewart being my best performing 12 at this time. Flook is okay and I’m not suggesting he doesn’t deserve to bounce around the 23, just not our best option at 13 or wing in a fully fit squad.
Remember we all get to make our opinion on selection from the 80 minutes game time we see each week.

Thorn and Co get to see hours and hours of performance each week at training to add to what they see on game day.

ie the guy that drops 50% of his ball at training doesn't give confidence to be selected or the one that misses tackles or has a shite attitude.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I reckon we will see Wright hit his straps over these next few weeks. He's essentially playing for a new contract, whether that be at the Reds or elsewhere. It will give Reds management some good headaches in terms of contracts for the next few years. I don't see us being able to retain all of Uru, Wright and ASY (Angus Scott-Young) though.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
I get the reference to Petaia, but that’s harsh on Paisami’s for this year. From memory he’s been TOTW contender every week he’s played and I can’t remember too many errors.
Agreed. He has a few impulsive kicks that don't go right. He is not in the Campese rocks category just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.