• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Bid for 2027 World Cup

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Best benefit would be if we could jag an U20 world title. Be a great boost.

France got that - against us - and their rugby is flying high these days.

IIRC too, we'd scored more tries in that final, ... goddammit.

Home field might've got us over the line?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I actually think getting 2029 is going to be very good for Aus, as I think Women's game is where a lot of growrh will come from.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I actually think getting 2029 is going to be very good for Aus, as I think Women's game is where a lot of growrh will come from.
I agree, a lot of government money getting invested in women’s sport at the moment. Also no way taking a shot at the women, but I feel it is a lot easier to close the gap between where we are and the best sides

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
❤️❤️❤️❤️ so happy. Carn the fucking Wallabies, time to write the wrongs of 03. Can remember crying my eyes out in 03 when we lost. Always been desperate to see the World Cup back here

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hopefully AB are based in Brisbane or Melbourne, have whanau if both so makes it (a) cheaper & (b) easier to get Mrs WOB who "doesn't really do rugby" on board.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
16 pages back in the Herald Sun & only a little article & not even a mention in the Geelong Advertiser.

Newscorp are a disgrace