• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Old man Bogan has played like 12 matches for the Blues. Thus, he can be seamlessly phased out for Perofeta and Sullivan and the show will roll on.

The Crusaders, on the other hand, have... uhh well lets see... there was that guy who lost to the Waratahs or, umm.... idk, whoever is currently playing #10 for CBHS 1st XV, I guess? I mean, or they could try get DCI Arnott back from the Highlanders...

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Cantabs to send out the SOS to Japan for Brett Cameron.

Fozzie instantly fast tracks him back into the AB setup.

"Havent seen him play but he must have come back into form for the Cantabs to recall him. They have a good track record with 1st 5's. Dan Carter once played for them don't you know".
-Fozzie.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If NZ play Coles over Taukei'aho & Aumua then they're fools and he'll be dominated by other hookers (not Australian but Saffa and French). He looks like an insipid old man over the hill now. All his niggly antics, that were previously fearsome, are now hilariously inept when he waddles down the park like my granddad waddles down the driveway to get his newspaper. He looks like Homer wearing his moo-moo.
1653745839029.png

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Was talking to my had-core Warriors fan bro-in-Law as to whether RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) should make the AB this year. My thoughts were that he's probably ahead of where SBW was at the same point in his career so I wouldn't be as unhappy with RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) being picked in the 36 mostly on potential as I was when SBW was picked almost entirely on potential. I haven't seen every LossBleus game this year so interested in the thoughts of those who have e.g. (but not just) @Dismal Pillock, @zer0, @KiwiM.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Who knows, Fozzie is such a cowardly risk-averse company man he'll probably stick with the incumbent duds Ennor and Havili.

-----------------------------------

You'd think this journo would have the inside oil but his "locked-in vs probables vs possibles" seems all over the shop to me. Fat guts Nepo locked in while Sam Whitelock is only a probable?

Part of me thinks Fozzie will be loyal to the bitter, bitter end and just select a virtually all-incumbent XXIII and give them 3 tests worth of rope vs Ireland to hang themselves try and fix it.....

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was talking to my had-core Warriors fan bro-in-Law as to whether RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) should make the AB this year. My thoughts were that he's probably ahead of where SBW was at the same point in his career so I wouldn't be as unhappy with RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) being picked in the 36 mostly on potential as I was when SBW was picked almost entirely on potential. I haven't seen every LossBleus game this year so interested in the thoughts of those who have e.g. (but not just) @Dismal Pillock, @zer0, @KiwiM.
I think RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) will be in squad, not sure whether he will play against Irish, mind you when SBW came to NZ rugby he has already has a couple of seasons in France , so hard to judge where they are at similar stages.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ was meaning the time SBW spent in France, which got a crazy amount of coverage in NZ, vs RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck)'s debut season. I also think RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) having played rugby to a decent level before opting for league probably accounts for most of the difference.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
"The worry now is that if there is this sort of entertainment focus put on it, and the guys are encouraged to speak when they feel like it, we could have drama being swung around here. It takes 120 years to build a brand that's worth $3.5 billion. I don't think it will take much more than 112 days to destroy that and for the value to come shooting right down if we've got guys fighting internally or if the team is dogged by scandal because of social media nonsense going on."
I kind of want the seppos to saunter in and completely misread the "humble AB brand" carry on and instead give it the full sickly seppo saccharine bollox treatment. Maybe a dedicated 24/7 AB TV channel full of womans weekly garbage haha. "Desperate Housewives of Dropped All Blacks" etc

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I wonder who the one against was?

Edit: for those unfamiliar with who gets to vote:

The Maori Rugby Advisory Board gets two votes; each of the 12 Heartland Unions gets two votes; and the 14 NPC Unions get between three & seven votes based on how many registeted school & community players they have. The Unions with seven votes are Auckland, Wellington & Canterbury; Waikato & BOP each have six & the remaining nine Unions 31 votes between them.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Blackadder: ROOTED
Papalii: ROOTED
Sam Cane: more often than not ROOTED

6 Akira Ioane Frizzle Vaai Jacobsen
7 Ardie Savea
8 Sotutu goddamnit

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Goodhue still looks short of game time, Fozzie has all but ruled out JBar & too soon for RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) so on the back of another solid outing today I reckon Tupaea has the 12 jumper in his kit bag. Needs to lose some of the niggly shit that NH refs just won't stand for but otherwise getting the job done "on both sides of the ball" as seems to be the buzz phrase these days.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Am finally coming around to him. Still dont see him as a game breaker but around the rucks he is kind of fantastic.

Also, reports of the demise of Lurch AKA Guzzler AKA BBBR AKA Armageddon On Stilts may have been greatly exaggerated.
Agree on QT, he looks a good solid 12 rather than match winner at this stage.
And Lurch seems to be timing his form until right time of sesaon, as is Sam W who I was pleased to see picking off Reds lineouts etc and been back to former self last few weeks, doing some good carries in around rucks etc.