• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2022

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
A young man from St Augustines named oscar mcmillan who was in the manly harold matthews and gen blue is an upcoming prospect who has got a very bright future in the game. Unfortunately he will be out for 2 weeks due to an injury he sufferred on the weekend but he will be back for the isa season. This is a big loss for the team due to his strong carries and strategic kicking game.
What position Minch?

loudnproudscotsdaddy

Stan Wickham (3)
he plays at 12. I have watched him play rugby a few time recently and he is something special. that kid is going places and I wish him all the best.
I've seen this kid play a while back against Shore, fearless defender, brilliant tactical offensive 12 that takes control of 10 and strikes at defence when they least expect it. It has a massive ticker also and is the loudest on the pitch every time, manly sea eagles, Auggies and gen blue have a superstar. I'm devastated to see him go down, but I imagine he will come back stronger than ever.

RUGBY12345

Frank Row (1)
has anyone watched young gun cam Paul I have heard great things and I would like more info on this man as I'm looking to hand him a scholarship to a rugby school in south Africa

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Games for next Saturday the 28th of May:

Oakhill v Waverly
Gregs v Aloys
Kinross v Cranbrook
Auggies v Kings
Pius v Kings 2nds
Pats v Shore 2nds
Stannies v Riverview 2nds

Oakhill drew Waverly 40-40 (Wonder what the odds would have been to get a scoreline like that? Must have been an epic match)
Gregs over Aloys 22-20
Kinross down to Cranbrook 22-17
Auggies down to Kings 17-14 (even if Kings rolled out some 2nds in this game, I think that's a pretty reasonable result for Auggies)
Pius down to Kings 2nds 46-7
Pats over Shore 2nds 19-12
Stannies down to Riverview 2nds

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
So with the trials all done and dusted, I thought I'd take a crack at making some predictions for the coming ISA season. I have seen none of these teams in action and are going off scores only. Will be interesting to revisit this at season's end. I have scores from most matches but there are some gaps so apologies there. If you know the outcome let me know.

Oakhill
Trial record -

22-31 Barker33-5 Trinity24-43 Knox7-52 Shore40-40 Waverly
A pretty tough trial season with Oakhill playing some heavy hitters in first grade. A look at the trial form is telling... This team can score tries but they're not great at stopping them. A comfortable win against Trinity is offset by big scores against Shore and Knox. If they can can fix their defensive frailties, they will be a tough team to beat
Prediction: There or thereabouts

St. Augustines
Trial Record -

0-82 Shore7-48 Newington0-20 Joeys 2nds12-12 Riverview 2nds14-17 Kings
Don't let the Shore scoreline fool you. Shore appear to be having a big resurgence this year and good for them. They've handed out a number of those results over the past few weeks. Trial form would indicate the days of Auggies belting teams by cricket scores could be at an end. I dont believe that this is a bad thing to be honest. Competitions thrive when there are multiple teams with genuine belief that they can win and Auggies coming back to the pack a bit will help the competition as a whole. I suspect they'll still be a tough assignment each week - especially at home.
Prediction: A tight season for them with a great game to be had against Oakhill

St. Patricks
Trial Record -

17-14 Trinity47-0 St. Aloys34-26 Cranbrook21-21 Joeys 2nds19-12 Shore 2nds
A fascinating pre-season from Strathfield and begs the question of what's more important - getting beaten by harder teams or carrying winning momentum into your season opener. Whilst not the toughest pre-season road, a win is a win and Pats have had plenty of them against competent opposition. It's been a while since Edgar St has carried this form into a season and when you add to that their traditional strength of playing at home and you see a Pats team that will be stronger than anything they've had in a number of years. Its often said you cant have a national competition without a strong Sydney team to hate and I feel the same for Pats. Is this a false dawn or a return to the glory days of the 90s?
Prediction: A genuine challenger this year

St. Pius
Trial Record -

unknown5-27 Cranbrook13-24 Trinity25-8 Aloys7-46 Kings 2nds
Trial form would indicate it's going to be a tough year at Chatswood. A strong showing against Aloys is confidence building but the loss to Trinity would sting. Like most schools, it will be interesting to see the impact of Covid on the Pius program. Will the boys be back again this season or will there be other priorities. Trawling through the other forum posts, it was pleasing to see a number of junior Pius teams racking up some big scores. This augers well for the future. Perhaps if there are people on the inside there at Pius you can report on how things are going in the Rugby program.
Prediction: A tough season for the blue and gold but they'll defend Oxford Falls well

St. Stanislaus
Trial Record -

40-14 Aloys29-22 Grammer15-49 Scots14-74 Barker18-48 Riverview 2nds
After getting out to a strong start against Aloys and then a close win against Grammar, Stannies appeared to have stalled somewhat with a heavy losses to Scots and Barker. This weekend's loss to Riverview 2nds will be a biter pill to swallow. It will be interesting to see what kind of Rugby form has been maintained through two years of playing local club teams (as I'm led to believe happened during Covid). Trial form would indicate that they are not as strong as in year's past. But we all know that Stannies at home is a tough ask on any day of the week so look to them to be the wrecking ball of every teams title aspirations.
Prediction: They'll improve as the season goes but will struggle against the better teams

Kinross Wollaroi
Trial Record -

5-12 TAS. 10-31 Joeys 3rdsunknown Barker 2nds15-12 Grammar19-22 Cranbrook
The worst intel I have on any ISA team so my apologies to the Orangemen there. If anyone can assist with the gaps above that would be great. Trial form doesn't look great with this limited info. A loss to Joeys 3rds and Cranbrook are telling but the win over Grammar would be confidence building. Again, two years in the wilderness over the hill may be a good or bad thing so here's hoping that they are getting quality numbers in the lower grades. I dont see them troubling the scorers too much against the better teams but as we all know, anything is possible when all teams feel they have a fair and equitable chance of winning games and this is true for Kinross.
Prediction: A mid table result for them would be well received.

St. Gregs
Trial Record -

21-66 Cranbrookunknown14-7 Joeys 3rds10-31 Trinity22-20 Aloys
I see a tough season ahead for Gregs - I dont think we can interpret the trial form any other way. A big loss to Cranbrook would have been unsettling and whilst the close wins against Joeys 3rds and Aloys would be welcome relief, the loss to Trinity is probably the best barometer of where they are currently at. The stronger ISA teams easily accounted for Trinity and Aloys and I think Gregs will struggle with the tougher teams this season. Playing them at home is always a tough ask for the visiting teams so - as always - expect a rough ride out at Campbelltown.
Prediction: They'll acquit themselves ell (as they always do) but will struggle against Brookvale and Castle Hill.

So what are your thoughts? What's the inside running on your team?

Last edited:

The Phantoms

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oakhill drew Waverly 40-40 (Wonder what the odds would have been to get a scoreline like that? Must have been an epic match)
Gregs over Aloys 22-20
Kinross down to Cranbrook 22-17
Auggies down to Kings 17-14 (even if Kings rolled out some 2nds in this game, I think that's a pretty reasonable result for Auggies)
Pius down to Kings 2nds 46-7
Pats over Shore 2nds 19-12
Stannies down to Riverview 2nds
The end score was 22 - 19 in favour of Cranbrook vs Kinross, as per the KWS Team App.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
So with the trials all done and dusted, I thought I'd take a crack at making some predictions for the coming ISA season. I have seen none of these teams in action and are going off scores only. Will be interesting to revisit this at season's end. I have scores from most matches but there are some gaps so apologies there. If you know the outcome let me know.

Oakhill
Trial record -

A pretty tough trial season with Oakhill playing some heavy hitters in first grade. A look at the trial form is telling... This team can score tries but they're not great at stopping them. A comfortable win against Trinity is offset by big scores against Shore and Knox. If they can can fix their defensive frailties, they will be a tough team to beat

St. Augustines
Trial Record -

Don't let the Shore scoreline fool you. Shore appear to be having a big resurgence this year and good for them. They've handed out a number of those results over the past few weeks. Trial form would indicate the days of Auggies belting teams by cricket scores could be at an end. I dont believe that this is a bad thing to be honest. Competitions thrive when there are multiple teams with genuine belief that they can win and Auggies coming back to the pack a bit will help the competition as a whole. I suspect they'll still be a tough assignment each week - especially at home.

St. Patricks
Trial Record -

A fascinating pre-season from Strathfield and begs the question of what's more important - getting beaten by harder teams or carrying winning momentum into your season opener. Whilst not the toughest pre-season road, a win is a win and Pats have had plenty of them against competent opposition. It's been a while since Edgar St has carried this form into a season and when you add to that their traditional strength of playing at home and you see a Pats team that will be stronger than anything they've had in a number of years. Its often said you cant have a national competition without a strong Sydney team to hate and I feel the same for Pats. Is this a false dawn or a return to the glory days of the 90s?

St. Pius
Trial Record -

Trial form would indicate it's going to be a tough year at Chatswood. A strong showing against Aloys is confidence building but the loss to Trinity would sting. Like most schools, it will be interesting to see the impact of Covid on the Pius program. Will the boys be back again this season or will there be other priorities. Trawling through the other forum posts, it was pleasing to see a number of junior Pius teams racking up some big scores. This augers well for the future. Perhaps if there are people on the inside there at Pius you can report on how things are going in the Rugby program.
Prediction: A tough season for the blue and gold but they'll defend Oxford Falls well

St. Stanislaus
Trial Record -

After getting out to a strong start against Aloys and then a close win against Grammar, Stannies appeared to have stalled somewhat with a heavy losses to Scots and Barker. This weekend's loss to Riverview 2nds will be a biter pill to swallow. It will be interesting to see what kind of Rugby form has been maintained through two years of playing local club teams (as I'm led to believe happened during Covid). Trial form would indicate that they are not as strong as in year's past. But we all know that Stannies at home is a tough ask on any day of the week so look to them to be the wrecking ball of every teams title aspirations.
Prediction: They'll improve as the season goes but will struggle against the better teams

Kinross Wollaroi
Trial Record -

unknown10-31 Joeys 3rdsunknown Barker 2nds15-12 Grammar17-22 Cranbrook
The worst intel I have on any ISA team so my apologies to the Orangemen there. If anyone can assist with the gaps above that would be great. Trial form doesnt look great with this limited info. A loss to Joeys 3rds and Cranbrook are telling but the win over Grammar would be confidence building. Again, two years in the wilderness over the hill may be a good or bad thing so here's hoping that they are getting quality numbers in the lower grades. I dont see them troubling the scorers too much against the better teams but as we all know, anything is possible when all teams feel they have a fair and equitable chance of winning games and this is true for Kinross.

St. Gregs
Trial Record -

I see a tough season ahead for Gregs - I dont think we can interpret the trial form any other way. A big loss to Cranbrook would have been unsettling and whilst the close wins against Joeys 3rds and Aloys would be welcome relief, the loss to Trinity is probably the best barometer of where they are currently at. The stronger ISA teams easily accounted for Trinity and Aloys and I think Gregs will struggle with the tougher teams this season. Playing them at home is always a tough ask for the visiting teams so - as always - expect a rough ride out at Campbelltown.
Prediction: They'll acquit themselves ell (as they always do) but will struggle against Brookvale and Castle Hill.

A lot of it this year is going to come down to illness and injuries Schmooze. In all the trial games Oaks have played this year they have had a full strength team, a team that half were sick or a team that had players out injured. Might be a battle of the fittest and I don't think it will be like the past where 1 loss means it's over. Each week might be different and hopefully the referees don't become a talking point.

The Phantoms

Frank Nicholson (4)

Oakhill
Trial record -

St. Augustines
Trial Record -

St. Patricks
Trial Record -

St. Pius
Trial Record -

St. Stanislaus
Trial Record -

Kinross Wollaroi
Trial Record -

The worst intel I have on any ISA team so my apologies to the Orangemen there. If anyone can assist with the gaps above that would be great. Trial form doesnt look great with this limited info. A loss to Joeys 3rds and Cranbrook are telling but the win over Grammar would be confidence building. Again, two years in the wilderness over the hill may be a good or bad thing so here's hoping that they are getting quality numbers in the lower grades. I dont see them troubling the scorers too much against the better teams but as we all know, anything is possible when all teams feel they have a fair and equitable chance of winning games and this is true for Kinross.

St. Gregs
Trial Record -

In relation to Kinross, I have watched their trial games vs TAS, Joeys, Grammer & Cranbrook (missed the Barker game), however, as previously stated by another member, managing fitness and fatigue will be the 2022 challenge for all ISA teams. Closing note Kinross was close to full strength vs Cranbrook yesterday, at half time Cranbrook was up 22 - 5 then Kinross put on 14 unanswered pts in the second half with momentum.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)

Oakhill
Trial record -

St. Augustines
Trial Record -

St. Patricks
Trial Record -

St. Pius
Trial Record -

St. Stanislaus
Trial Record -

Kinross Wollaroi
Trial Record -

St. Gregs
Trial Record -

I don't know much about ISA rugby but I just want to tell you this is a 10/10 post which I know would have taken a fair bit of time so I commend you for that schmooze. Oakhill and Auggies are both very strong in juniors as well as trinity I believe but I don't know much more about ISA. Should be a good season!

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I don't know much about ISA rugby but I just want to tell you this is a 10/10 post which I know would have taken a fair bit of time so I commend you for that schmooze. Oakhill and Auggies are both very strong in juniors as well as trinity I believe but I don't know much more about ISA. Should be a good season!
Thanks propsarespeedy - I suppose it was borne out of wanting to know more about what was going on in ISA Rugby and coming up with nix most years. I'm a Pats Old Boy and am always keen to hear how things are going. The ISA website doesn't elicit much info so if this can be a place where interested onlookers can come for their info then that's great.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A lot of it this year is going to come down to illness and injuries Schmooze. In all the trial games Oaks have played this year they have had a full strength team, a team that half were sick or a team that had players out injured. Might be a battle of the fittest and I don't think it will be like the past where 1 loss means it's over. Each week might be different and hopefully the referees don't become a talking point.
You certainly get the feeling that each game will be the luck of the draw and how many of each teams first graders are fit and well that day. I doubt there will be one game across the whole comp that will pit the 15 best against the other schools 15 best

west best

Bob McCowan (2)
Thanks 20shire. Did they play TAS in week 1 this term? If so, what was the score?
kinross went down 12-5 against TAS week 1 this term in a mud pit, had 4 or 5 players out against TAS that were in the team vs brook. TAS previously got flogged by brook 70 odd to not much at a holiday rugby camp, kinross 22-19 v brook on the weekend. If Kinross played TAS now the scoreline could be a fair bit different.