• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

If this is the case Brothers maybe docked competition points. I would think GPS & Norths would be looking for the QRU to enforce the rules for all.
they will cook up some BS excuse and get off.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
If this is the case Brothers maybe docked competition points. I would think GPS & Norths would be looking for the QRU to enforce the rules for all.
To be fair I think Wood has played mostly 2nd grade this year.

Is it against the rules to start the same player in two games? What if the player starts for 2nds and an injury occurs during warmup in 1sts and they start there also?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Kerevi down training with GPS at the moment. I think he does this a fair bit to keep fit, don’t think we will see him play. Although he currently doesn’t hold a contract anywhere I believe so nothing stopping him.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

To be fair I think Wood has played mostly 2nd grade this year.

Is it against the rules to start the same player in two games? What if the player starts for 2nds and an injury occurs during warmup in 1sts and they start there also?
that fine as the replacement was "named" as a reserve.

Rugbynovice

Stan Wickham (3)
good win by the UQ reserve grade team last night. Knocked off the remaining undefeated team in the filth (filth look like they might of stacked a few Prem grade players down in Reggies)
Interested to find out which Prem Grade players you are referring to?
Looks like Brothers started Michael Wood for 1st Grade and 2nd Grade for that round.
Michael Wood didn't make the field last night?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Interested to find out which Prem Grade players you are referring to?

Michael Wood didn't make the field last night?

thats who I was referring too.
Michael Wood was named as a starter in prems and starter in reserve grade in the same round against UQ.

clear as light & day that is a form of team stacking. If he didn’t make the field then it’s a moot point.
No laws broken

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
clear as light & day that is a form of team stacking. If he didn’t make the field then it’s a moot point.
No laws broken
Then you could argue they're cooking the books..? Who played instead of Wood when he was named? Was the player registered player?

Clubs are really dropping the ball with this kind of stuff lately. What is this, amatuer hour?
(The irony is not lost on me there)

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Clubs have been doing some form of ‘book cooking’ since the dawn of time.

If I had a dollar for every time I saw the injury prone 1st grader listed and run on for 2nds/3rds/4ths to quickly run off again for a cap, I wouldn’t be wasting my time commenting on rugby forums!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Phil. I just went and took a look at the gps v wests teamlist for the game gallopers docked the competition points and note that unregistered player name was listed on team sheet.

no idea what that team list looked like on the Saturday of game - but you guys could feel hard done by if Mailie Ngauamo is a selectable option in the rugby Xplorer app yet wasnt registered at of game.

I guess the old ballpoint pen and team book was more suspectable for book cooking but I’d feel hard done by if a gps was able to select Ngauamo as a player but some backend administrative thingy meant you guys lost the 5 competition points.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Phil. I just went and took a look at the gps v wests teamlist for the game gallopers docked the competition points and note that unregistered player name was listed on team sheet.

no idea what that team list looked like on the Saturday of game - but you guys could feel hard done by if Mailie Ngauamo is a selectable option in the rugby Xplorer app yet wasnt registered at of game.

I guess the old ballpoint pen and team book was more suspectable for book cooking but I’d feel hard done by if a gps was able to select Ngauamo as a player but some backend administrative thingy meant you guys lost the 5 competition points.
It will come down to an international transfer that way if a player has a carry over suspension he has to serve it.
Or heaven forbid a drug ban as happened with a Kiwi player a couple of years ago.
Rugby Explorer will let you register the player but the clearance is a player club association issue.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Not sure if things have changed since the app was introduced but a few years ago a player from overseas or returning from overseas could be registered with a club but was not allowed to play until the necessary clearance arrived from the overseas Union/Club. While working as a Club Rugby Manager I had many cases where I needed to ensure a player didn't take the field while his overseas Club was tardy with sending his clearance.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
thats who I was referring too.
Michael Wood was named as a starter in prems and starter in reserve grade in the same round against UQ.

No laws broken
If he started Reserve Grade and Prem Grade on the same day you wouldn't / shouldn't have an issue with it....

Storm in a tea Cup ---- move on.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'm confused by the team stacking comment. Having watched him barely make 80mins in Premier Grade the other week, I can't see Michael Woods playing anymore then one game a round.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm confused by the team stacking comment. Having watched him barely make 80mins in Premier Grade the other week, I can't see Michael Woods playing anymore then one game a round.
Yeah he has definitely morphed into a prop. Last time I saw him play before the most recent UQ v Brothers game he was a 4/5/6 sort of player a bit in the Connor Vest mould . Took me a while to realise who the new THP for Brothers was on the day, he certainly looks every bit the prop now.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
they will cook up some BS excuse and get off.

yep - stand there like every brothers player in any match holding their hands up pleading for a pathetic penalty - is it a new way of praying? such poor form - they need to stop it as it has become laughable amongst opposition clubs and refs.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
yep - stand there like every brothers player in any match holding their hands up pleading for a pathetic penalty - is it a new way of praying? such poor form - they need to stop it as it has become laughable amongst opposition clubs and refs.
Hahaha every player at every club does that - off the high horse

PS I am not a brothers supporter