• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I think you’ll find that these players were coming back from injury not listed to play in higher grades on that day. The rule specifically says that if you are chosen in a higher grade (ie. listed to start in Rugby explorer) and the higher grade game is canceled you cannot then play (start or off the bench) in a lower grade on that day. It is not just a good will or vibe thing it’s the rules - I just raise the vibe as the purpose of the rule. Or are Souths exempt from the rules of the
it is a bit of a stretch with the broken season. Your argument would hold more water except all players are paying for the privilege of playing. They just want to play a game.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think you’ll find that these players were coming back from injury not listed to play in higher grades on that day. The rule specifically says that if you are chosen in a higher grade (ie. listed to start in Rugby explorer) and the higher grade game is canceled you cannot then play (start or off the bench) in a lower grade on that day. It is not just a good will or vibe thing it’s the rules - I just raise the vibe as the purpose of the rule. Or are Souths exempt from the rules of the competition?
The week before the weekend in question, Josh Coward played Premier Grade for Souths v UQ. He wasn’t coming back from injury. It appears to be a conscious decision to play this high quality player in 3rd grade. The vibe?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Well, if one thing has been proven over the last few pages on this forum, the greater visibility of team lists and players on rugby xplorer is certainly putting the spotlights on the rules and player movement within teams.

Realistically, we just have to hope the QRU are adequately prepared to be reviewing everything and enforcing the rules where needed. Maybe it is a matter for clubs to be prompting the QRU to investigate these issues. And some teams will be more onto it than others, depending on the opposition. I am sure if the QRU hadn't picked up the Maile international clearance issue, Elwee would have been on the phone asking the questions due to his history with the club. Other clubs probably need to follow suit.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sorry it is just another case of Souths making up their own rules - e.g. Paice going back to finals clearance a few years back.
You probably need to be a little more objective in your posts. It seems that it is only Souths aligned contributors who are arguing the toss over this.
Anyhow it’s not Hospital Cup so I think we just need to put the issue to bed and agree to disagree.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well, if one thing has been proven over the last few pages on this forum, the greater visibility of team lists and players on rugby xplorer is certainly putting the spotlights on the rules and player movement within teams.

Realistically, we just have to hope the QRU are adequately prepared to be reviewing everything and enforcing the rules where needed. Maybe it is a matter for clubs to be prompting the QRU to investigate these issues. And some teams will be more onto it than others, depending on the opposition. I am sure if the QRU hadn't picked up the Maile international clearance issue, Elwee would have been on the phone asking the questions due to his history with the club. Other clubs probably need to follow suit.
I think you will notice that by the Friday night before a game weekend, not every club has their team lineups for each grade in Rugby Explorer. Rugby Explorer is the publicly accessible app.
I don't believe a Club should be ostracised for naming a possible team on a Thursday or Friday but changing it before officially submitting the team on the Match Day app.
Rugby Match Day is the app used to officially record your run on team and bench before kick off. The opposition can view the official team before kickoff.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
A more interesting point is why did Josh Coward leave Souths for Easts mid-season? Was it just a case of opportunity elsewhere or something more sinister? He’s played for a few clubs now.

The Engine Room

Sydney Middleton (9)
Eli Pilz and Josh Coward both started 3rd grade for Easts that day and then started Premier Grade 2 weeks later. They are not just Reserve Grade players but established Premier Grade players. That's probably a vibe thing as well. I don't think any club can argue innocence with this sort of happenings.
Call it for what it is......side stacking to win important games.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Speaking of Easts, anyone in the know heard of anything around former Bulldogs winger Shea Lalagavesi. Left the kennel this year to join the tigers and am yet to see him play (I think). Injuries? Cheers

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Speaking of Easts, anyone in the know heard of anything around former Bulldogs winger Shea Lalagavesi. Left the kennel this year to join the tigers and am yet to see him play (I think). Injuries? Cheers
Was concussed earlier in the season, don't know if it's the same problem.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting to see Faessler end up back at Randwick as was the original plan this year.

I assume he’ll be back home next year.

829B6AFA-2326-4EF2-8BBB-7630ED182553.jpeg

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
not too many Rebels in the Wests team as named.

I assume the Rebels players need to play the minimum qualification games for the finals?

Considering there is a full round to be played, maybe they're going to give them some rest and then ramp up the minutes as crunch time approaches.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Thomas Lynagh starting for UQ Prems this weekend.
UQ has 30 registered colts unavailable (injury / student holidays) plus about another dozen 1st /2nd Graders on the injury list as well.

Going to test the depth of the club this week.