• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England Test 1 Sat. July 2 @1955

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Happy to use Tate on the marketing for the game just not pick him in the side....

Him over Gordon is really the only head scratcher I see there though - the rest of the side is pretty spot on given injuries/availability

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630-150026_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-150026_Facebook.jpg
    865.7 KB · Views: 65

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I suspect that depending on how the game is going (tactics, scoreline) and depending on how Banks is playing that we may see Petaia with about 25 or 30 mins at 15.

Thoughts on Neville? I'm always happy to see a guy like him who has toiled away and worked hard in oz chasing the wallaby dream get a cap. I'm not sure if I haven't seen enough of his games this year but I wouldn't have imagined he would start over Phillip.

Is he considered a strong scrummager these days? How has his form been / what are the outstanding aspects of his game?

Unfortunate for Wilson and Tate but I can see Rennie's thought process.

The pack will potentially be stronger when all our finishers are on. They should be able to apply the blowtorch for the entire 80 mins, which I suspect we will need to do against the Poms. Good sign of depth. Even better when you consider the players unavailable due injury or NH.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Everyone goto Stan sport on twitter and vote who you want to have the player cam out of Hooper, Cooper & Kerevi. I went Kerevi, love seeing the backline vision and don't want the added pressure to goto Quade's weird headspace, bloke says he's zen but he who knows.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
This is a little rough given how many key players they were missing.
This is what irks me. No issue with the team - I really like it. Happy for Gordon too. But despite injuries and the horrible record against NZ teams, Tate was a one man band, almost carrying the Reds at times. Overall he was immense. So yeah, no real issue with Gordon getting picked, but I think that particular reasoning sucks.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Everyone goto Stan sport on twitter and vote who you want to have the player cam out of Hooper, Cooper & Kerevi. I went Kerevi, love seeing the backline vision and don't want the added pressure to goto Quade's weird headspace, bloke says he's zen but he who knows.
assume its not miked up?

Can't beat Quade miked up.

But has to be Hooper doesn't it? Only way to truly see how much bloody running he does.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Team is picked. They have my full support.

It's up to the selected players to prove their worth and the unselected to make their statement elsewhere.

All what’s really important is beating the Poms

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

It's up to the selected players to prove their worth and the unselected to make their statement elsewhere.

All that's really important is beating the Poms

giphy.gif

Exactly, Reginald.

Everyone can put their salt shakers down, and have themselves a little reality check.

For the simple: WOL-AH-BEEZ. OSS-TRAY-LEE-AH.

Once you understand that, you can get out from under your little bridges and get on with supporting the team.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Well

All that's really important is beating the Poms
Well said Reg and they my full support as well. Tate is my favourite Reds player, was awesome this year and I couldn’t help myself. I am sure he and a number of others will get a chance over the next few months as injury’s kick in. It’s great we are starting to build some real depth in a number of key positions .

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one - but by player cam do they mean the player actually has a little camera on their jersey?

Or player cam as in they'll have a dedicated match camera following the player on the field rather than the ball?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one - but by player cam do they mean the player actually has a little camera on their jersey?

Or player cam as in they'll have a dedicated match camera following the player on the field rather than the ball?

Camera following that player.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I actually thought it was on their jersey? Not like following them

edit: nah seems you're right, I got excited

"'Wallabies Player Cam’ is coming to Stan Sport. Select which Wallabies star we should follow on Saturday on our exclusive extra camera"

I take it to mean they just have a camera trained on that player for the entire match (or half if they are swapping to do another).

Status
Not open for further replies.