• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England Test 1 Sat. July 2 @1955

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
1. It was an exhibition game, with nothing at stake.

2. Lots of first XV players missing.
Don’t necessarily agree with “ nothing at stake” , I’m sure the players chosen would have seen it as a chance for at least being considered for future selection…….. but regardless, could also add …..

3. A Barbarians’ team staked with French players . They are the real deal , developing nicely into hosting RWC23, plenty of depth and 6 Nations form and wins in the most recent U20’s RWC of 2018/19 , all now coming of age. Think they will be there abouts come the final in Paris.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
No complaints from me in terms of selection. Lots of depth in this squad so it was inevitable some good players were going to miss out.

I assume the pack was chosen primarily with set piece in mind so i have no real issue with the coach's choices in the forwards.

Its honestly hard to imagine Tate missing out on a jersey. As bad as the reds were this season he still consistently stood out as world class. With that said, im less upset about gordan's selection than i waa last year because i thought he also stood out this season as a player that has the ability to turn a game. i assume he is more of a like for like replacement with white. Perhaps tells us a bit about the type of game rennie wants to play (or the type of game he's expecting). Personally id still go with tate - if the wallabies are in need of someone to spark them from the bench i think he's your guy. But it is what it is.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Plausible that Hansen could nab Wright's spot and on recent form Porter probably has it over Paisami. He's at least a lot more reliable.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Plausible that Hansen could nab Wright's spot and on recent form Porter probably has it over Paisami. He's at least a lot more reliable.

Fair call.

So we're potentially talking about the last wing and centre in the squad.

Of course these guys would be upgrades for several of our Super Rugby sides but we know that it isn't that simple and most players when leaving their current club will be enticed to look overseas for more money and a life experience more than looking to remain in Australia at another Super Rugby side.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fair call.

So we're potentially talking about the last wing and centre in the squad.

Of course these guys would be upgrades for several of our Super Rugby sides but we know that it isn't that simple and most players when leaving their current club will be enticed to look overseas for more money and a life experience more than looking to remain in Australia at another Super Rugby side.
Yeah from a Wallabies point of view I'm not too upset. Folau pisses me off but that's another kettle of fish. Dempsey, if he plays for Scotland will really get me.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd say he's a certainty to play for them. Will be eligible 3 years from his last match (RWC 2019) so the November internationals.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Bored enough at work to put together not just an Aussie expat team, but an Aussie expat team playing for other countries, the traitors. Tried to avoid selecting pacific islands because that's cheating a bit.
1. Finlay Bealham (Ireland)
2. Nic Dolly (England)
3. Tyrel Lomax (NZ)
4. Brad Thorn (NZ) ;)
5. Weirdly hard to think of locks, not yet but soon Emmanuel Meafou (France) and Adam Coleman probably
6. Jack Cornelsen (Japan)
7. Jack Dempsey soonish (Scotland)
8. Ben Gunter (Japan)
9. Tawera Kerr-Barlow (NZ)
10. Rodney Iona (Samoa)
11. Mack Hansen (Ireland)
12. Dylan Riley (Japan)
13. Sione Tuipulotu (Scotland)
14. Monty Ioane (Italy)
15. Israel Folau (Tonga)
17. Mike Ala'alatoa (Samoa)
20. Sam Johnson (Scotland)