• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England Test 1 Sat. July 2 @1955

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The only question I have is over Leota, but better judges than me seem to think he adds value at 6

I am not sure if he has the athleticism & dynamism needed to be a test 6

Reactions: BDA

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I am beginning to salivte over this game, I will have watched ABs/Ireland by then , and will be incredibly interested to see how Wallabies front against Poms. I haven't seen an awful lot of English to think that they would cause undue sleep for Wallabies, and not downplaying how good they are, just think Wallabies are looking a good outfit to me.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
We look a little underwhelming in the front and second rows, which is never a good thing against England
Are the English all that strong in front row though? I know where you coming from the JB, we tend to look at where we see our weaknesses and worry a bit about that. I still think it not a bad Wallaby team, and a lot will depend how the White- QC (Quade Cooper) axis performs, and whether or not England acn defuse the bombs I see coming their way.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Are the English all that strong in front row though? I know where you coming from the JB, we tend to look at where we see our weaknesses and worry a bit about that. I still think it not a bad Wallaby team, and a lot will depend how the White- Quade Cooper axis performs, and whether or not England acn defuse the bombs I see coming their way.
We have a debutant at 2 with Fainga'a on the bench with only 25 caps. Both their starting hooker, George, and bench hooker, Cowan-Dickie, trump ours - by ability and sheer experience (Over 100 caps between them). I love Bell and I actually think Elis Genge plays a similar game. Both very talented and hard to split the two. I'd take Ala'alatoa over Stuart at tight head but that might be my bias.

For the bench props: Mako Vunipola is in better form than Sio. Joe Heyes has big wraps on him and surely has the wood on Slipper who's playing out of position.

They have the best lock in the world who on song is unplayable. We have a 33 year old debutant.

Their tight five, including bench, is better.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We have a debutant at 2 with Fainga'a on the bench with only 25 caps. Both their starting hooker, George, and bench hooker, Cowan-Dickie, trump ours - by ability and sheer experience (Over 100 caps between them). I love Bell and I actually think Elis Genge plays a similar game. Both very talented and hard to split the two. I'd take Ala'alatoa over Stuart at tight head but that might be my bias.

For the bench props: Mako Vunipola is in better form than Sio. Joe Heyes has big wraps on him and surely has the wood on Slipper who's playing out of position.

They have the best lock in the world who on song is unplayable. We have a 33 year old debutant.

Their tight five, including bench, is better.

We have the rolling maul.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Aussie Guy Porter! This team doesn't scare me as much as I thought.

15. Freddie Steward
14. Jack Nowell
13. Joe Marchant
12. Owen Farrell
11. Joe Cokanasiga
10. Marcus Smith
9. Danny Care
1. Ellis Genge
2. Jamie George
3. Will Stuart
4. Maro Itoje
5. Jonny Hill
6. Courtney Lawes (C)
7. Tom Curry
8. Billy Vunipola
Finishers
16. Luke Cowan-Dickie
17. Mako Vunipola
18. Joe Heyes
19. Ollie Chessum
20. Lewis Ludlam
21. Jack van Poortlviet
22. Guy Porter
23. Henry Arundell
WTF do Brits number their teams 15to9 followed by 1to8 then 16to23? Weird. I'm thinking seriously of starting a 1to23 movement so's we know who's playing where.

Last edited:

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
The Optus Oval pitch was very slippery for State of Origin and 6 days later, I am expecting the same.

Will be a clear dry night and a 6pm kick off, but hopefully the Gold have packed their long studs.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Probably because they think they invented numbers.

The history of numbering jerseys is fascinating, worth a look at wikipedia. Letters were used by some clubs until fairly recently, and there was no standardisation of the numbering system for many years.

Last edited:

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just reading the digital game program sent by rugby AU. Interesting set of stats on Quade

Screenshot_20220702-091317_Chrome.jpg

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
From what I can find, Allan Ala'alatoa debuted against NZ in that test...

Someone at rugby AU needs a rocket...

Status
Not open for further replies.