• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England Test 1 Sat. July 2 @1955

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Happy to see a gutsy win against the poms from this side of the ditch.
I guess Rennie starting to look a keeper then!?
I maintain his decision to take Leota off for Phillip was wrong. He should've taken Kellaway or Ikitau off immediately for Phillip. The breakdown/ruck work is still pretty bad and the attacking shape looks non-existent at times.

They definitely seem FAR more mentally resilient than previous Wallabies teams however, pre-Rennie we'd get a red card or a shocking call against us (how many Bledisloes did this happen in???) and we completely fall apart and throw in the towel. That's now two wins against good teams with first-half reds.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Let’s not get too carried away. England only won 2 games in the 6 nations
Quade was a class above Noah last year against better opposition.

So we should come mid stream in a 6 Nations + Aus? Hell, maybe I've come down in my expectations but that sounds, well OK.

The French #3 were better opposition than the Pommie 1st 15? Serious? Look, I love Quade and I really was crazy apprehensive about his late removal. But hell. If you didn't see a quality 10 in the building with Lolo in that game wen are seriously living in different universes.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
So we should come mid stream in a 6 National + Aus? Hell, maybe I've come down in my expectations but that sounds, well OK.

The French #3 were better opposition than the Pommie 1st 15? Serious? Look, I love Quade and I really was crazy apprehensive about his late removal. But hell. If you didn't see a quality 10 in the building with Lolo in that game wen are seriously living in different universes.
Eng only beat wales and Italy. So not really mid - more lower end.
And I’m not just referring to the wallabies games against the French.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Great fight back but i have to say England looked pretty damn shit. I thought Ireland looked real sharp in the first 20mins against the darkness and the intensity in that game looked much higher then this game, especially in the first half. Lots of improving from both teams to do.

Both debutants were very good, as was the bench and replacements. We really didnt get into any sort of shape until the final 20mins though.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
OK

But we ran a man down for how long? We saw how the starting 15 can set up through hard work. And the bench can seriously impact the game. We are doing good.

How long since our last W agin England?

I'll pay this one.

Absolutely, but I kinda wanted to see one of the boys do what Freddie Burns did in the Premiership final and scream at the other lads to focus.

Other than that we were magnificent in the second half.

Reactions: dru

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
They definitely seem FAR more mentally resilient than previous Wallabies teams however, pre-Rennie we'd get a red card or a shocking call against us (how many Bledisloes did this happen in???) and we completely fall apart and throw in the towel. That's now two wins against good teams with first-half reds.

I agree, and it seems that we are much more set in our game plan. Noah coming on to start, losing banks and the cards and yet we still seemed to know what we were doing.

I'd like to see Kellaway start at 15 next week, I think he may be a better 15 than Petiaia.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Eng only beat wales and Italy. So not really mid - more lower end.
And I’m not just referring to the wallabies games against the French.

That's #4 in a 6 team comp. Don't know how you can get more "mid" than that. And that was England, so logically we would be better than that. "Mid" works for me, and tbh I think it works mathematically speaking.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Great win. Probably shouldnt try to analyse the game too much cause im pretty drunk. Will have to rewatch but i thought noah put in a great shift on short notice. Petaia also rose to the occasion. Lots of blokes played well. On to next week

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.