• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
yeah if healthy, I reckon he walks right into Dave Rennies wallabies team. But Rennie would want to see some club footy action first so Horsea needs to be fit for that to happen.
Look I rate his potential hugely. Was so disappointed to hear he got injured and I know him being a bigger lad the healing process in the foot will take longer. But is it normal for it to take this long?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Look I rate his potential hugely. Was so disappointed to hear he got injured and I know him being a bigger lad the healing process in the foot will take longer. But is it normal for it to take this long?
well it is a bit dependent on what the injury was, if it was a Lisfranc fracture that needed surgery not uncommon for 3 - 5 months recovery and in a sportsman of his size probably longer, so say minimum 6 months.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
well it is a bit dependent on what the injury was, if it was a Lisfranc fracture that needed surgery not uncommon for 3 - 5 months recovery and in a sportsman of his size probably longer, so say minimum 6 months.
I am pretty sure they said it was a lisfranc fracture. The worry more is they said he would be available for super rugby by the end of the home and away season and we are almost two months on and he hasn’t even had a club game. Just hope primarily for his sake he is healing well

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
This injury can take forever to heal and is different in everyone. Tedious rehab that can be re aggravated and needs to be treated as a soft tissue almost.

The big fella has such a high ceiling on his play.

Rae Rae

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
83134B3A-AD26-462B-8AF3-262E4DDBCC40.jpeg

Dicky Hardwick laced up his boots for the Quins last weekend against the Unicorns.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I get that just would like to see them playing some games. I don’t have the answers I get that
I suspect those that are fit to play are, the longterm injured are still rehabbing and one or two, eg Ioane need an enormous amount of fitness work to get up to Super standard. I think the program varies, but mon to friday they are employed by the Rebs and so train in melb. One or two are back in NZ playing NPC i assume.