• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Hi OS, What do you mean by very little success? Although we've come short in the last couple years 5 prems in a row isn't very little success by any measure. Althought we came second in 2018 and 19 only coming short by one game isn't very little success, either way I agree that Brian may go at the end of season if they don't win a prem but I don't think it's at all 100% and don't have to much of opinion on it
True, there was that 5 in a row stretch.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Thanks for the master class in self delusion xx
Although it's true that scots does spend quite a lot of money on the rugby program, I don't think it's very excessive compared to all the other GPS schools, most of the CAS schools, in and Queensland schools. I don't know much about AIC schools but I assume they spend a decent amount on footy. There is a very large culture/support of rugby at scots which is one of the reasons for spending.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
100% agree on Pat Young, huge game, he carried the ball well, bending the line and tackled even better. If a young back rower wants to learn how to tackle a much bigger rampaging opposition player, jump on Cluch and watch 7 give a master class.
I even saw Joeys players in a tunnel for the New 2nd XV.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
What are everyone’s thoughts on schools cancelling c-e grade games yesterday? Apart of me thinks, some is better than none. But the more I thought about it, isn’t this focus on the top teams at the expense of players in lower teams, the general problem with the approach taken by many schools and rugby in general. What’s wrong with damaging a rugby field? It will repair itself with ground keepers. Or how about improving drainage? This wouldn’t happen in NZ…..

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Ok....a bit thin so.....

WE NEED results! Do you know a result?

View attachment 14201

For calculating tables, washouts will be treated as draws (zero points), but if a team has already forfeited (ie Newington 13Bs, 14Bs and 16Bs), and then get washed out, they are still treated as a forfeit and the opposing team gets 2 points. (This may be hard to police if teams aren't honest about whom they play.)

Joeys 14As wasn't published on Twitter.

Can you help today?
I think your position that theses Bs games have been forfeited will be a controversial one. I believe there will be other 16B teams that play against Grammar 16As as they are too strong to play against 16C teams. I suspect that you might find it difficult to maintain these tables for the B teams.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
What are everyone’s thoughts on schools cancelling c-e grade games yesterday? Apart of me thinks, some is better than none. But the more I thought about it, isn’t this focus on the top teams at the expense of players in lower teams, the general problem with the approach taken by many schools and rugby in general. What’s wrong with damaging a rugby field? It will repair itself with ground keepers. Or how about improving drainage? This wouldn’t happen in NZ…..
This weekend was fairly unusual. Not every school has the luxury of controlling all their own grounds, for some the choice is influenced by councils and the like. Even at Joeys some games had to be cancelled because the college ovals were too water logged even with reasonable drainage. Many of these but not all were rescheduled and played at The Park (no small logistical feat) Thankfully number 1 and 2 have excellent drainage and play is never cancelled but number 4 was completely trashed by 9am and another 4 or 5 games got played on it before the day was done. I have heard grumblings from a number of View supporters that it is time the school spent some money on improving the main oval surface. How did other main ovals around the comp hold up?

If you're referring to shot by leo jaques, I don't believe it was high after lookiing at the photo that was posted in the forum, he made a attempt to wrap and there was no head contact. With the cummins injury, play was not stopped immediately at all, play continued for at least a minute and a bit while cummins was down and being looked at it. Riverview did play very well and were extremely unlucky for a lot of the game. Overall I think we can all agree that it was a great game and quite a good come back from scots in my opinion.
If you had read my post I don’t disagree at all, it was a good win. I can’t be bothered going back and looking at the specific tackles etc. because I watched live and I saw obvious high shots, undeniable high shots so I am not arguing about them as I said. And what I meant by Cummins was that the ref stopped the game pretty much right after the trainer came on, whereas even though the trainer was out there for a fair amount with Perkins with view in a more liable position nothing was done about it.

thoughts on kings no.4 with late contact to the head of Shore fullback, removing him from the game.. No card given, yet referee was aware due to penalty awarded to shore.

Great game of schoolboy rugby regardless.

TTT

O

Old High Boy

Can someone else please post the team lists for the other 2 x games (Scots v View; Kings v Shore), thanks in advance

O

Old High Boy

Just started watching the Joeys v New match on cluch, and was astounded by what I saw when the teams lined up to shake hands...

The Joeys #7 intentionally walks away from the line-up where he was with his team-mates, and stood back about 5 yards as the Newington team came up and shook hands..

No-one from Newington does this

So this is the second time he has done that this season (that I know of) - and it is simply poor sportsmanship, quite immature on his part, and a very bad look for Joeys. Who mind you, always play the game to the high standards it deserves..

Someone needs to tell this kid to pull his head in - respect the game, and its ethos

I'd say you would agree with this Joker..

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I know Joker, work has been busy of late. I need to be on here more often to monitor the Scots bashing Sounds like it is between Joeys and Kings
No worries Subbies. I am pleased to report a couple of young Scots lads are holding the banner high with insightful comments and stable commentary. It is a shame that Rob Hart is absent as he takes no prisoners in his defense of Scots. In fact....after 12 years we have decided to call a truce and be nice to another. I am looking forward to meeting more Scots supporters this coming Saturday as the cattle dogs (which are getting old, but damn they are mean) make their way to the Death Star to tackle the Scotsbots in battle.

JOEYS RUGBY- Empire strikes.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Just started watching the Joeys v New match on cluch, and was astounded by what I saw when the teams lined up to shake hands...

The Joeys #7 intentionally walks away from the line-up where he was with his team-mates, and stood back about 5 yards as the Newington team came up and shook hands..

No-one from Newington does this

So this is the second time he has done that this season (that I know of) - and it is simply poor sportsmanship, quite immature on his part, and a very bad look for Joeys. Who mind you, always play the game to the high standards it deserves..

Someone needs to tell this kid to pull his head in - respect the game, and its ethos

I'd say you would agree with this Joker..
I can't defend him but I have noted from other videos this is something he does and only he can explain.

Some players in the past have ignored traditions of the game such as David Campese who would lay against a goal post while the haka was on. Why they ignore the handshake, again only they can explain and all we can do is speculate, Let me see if my reach still works into the College and if I can find out why he does this. In the meantime I feel we let it rest, as criticism of players here gets you banned by the Cyclopath!

O

Old High Boy

I can't defend him but I have noted from other videos this is something he does and only he can explain.

Some players in the past have ignored traditions of the game such as David Campese who would lay against a goal post while the haka was on. Why they ignore the handshake, again only they can explain and all we can do is speculate, Let me see if my reach still works into the College and if I can find out why he does this. In the meantime I feel we let it rest, as criticism of players here gets you banned by the Cyclopath!

Joker, its quite simple, its not the right thing to do; and you cant compare it to Campo, or any other international instance
I will leave it at that

Status
Not open for further replies.