• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Round 4 Report

Joeys 13 d Grammar 6
This match proved to be a close tussle at Hunters Hill as predicted with only a single try from Joeys in the first half. The big Grammar forwards were impressive but could not breach the Joeys defence. Both teams struggled with the wet conditions that saw many scrums and turnovers of possession. Grammar spent a lot of time in the Joeys half towards the end of the game but could not score the try that they needed to salvage a draw. A tough contest but in the end Joeys remain undefeated and Grammar almost certainly have lost their chance to retain the Col Winden shield in 2022. Joeys travel to Scots next week while Grammar have a chance to upset Riverview.

Kings 38 d Shore 12
An impressive win by Kings at Gowan Brae after a close first half. Shore scored first with an excellent try from early pressure then a yellow card to Kings gave them further advantage, but Kings were quick to equalise with a try under the posts from a well-worked scrum. It was 14-12 to Kings at half time, but the second half was all Kings and they demonstrated why they are definitely still a force in this competition as they piled on 24 points including two late length-of-the-field intercept tries that put the result beyond doubt. Kings remain one win back from Joeys and meet them in the final round of the competition. That should be an amazing finale, but next week they play an improving Sydney Boys High at Centennial Park. Shore are now in the same position as Grammar with two losses and will struggle to win the competition, so they need to defeat TAS at Northbridge next week to have any chance at all.

Riverview 33 d High 0
High played Riverview at The Swamp (otherwise know as Riverview #1) and showed promising form early in the game. It was still 0-0 after 16 minutes and High were extremely unlucky to have an early try disallowed. They were playing excellent rugby in the conditions, but Riverview scored a good length of the field try from a quick penalty tap to lead 7-0 at the break. This is what we want to see from Sydney Boys High School 1st XV! To their credit, Riverview applied pressure early in the second half and started playing with more structure. They were prepared to spin the ball wide and it was not long before they capitalised with an excellent winger's try and three more followed, taking the final score to 33-0. Riverview maintain their position on the table, equal with Kings and one win back from Joeys. They meet Joeys in two weeks time and that will be a cracking game. But first they come up against a strong Grammar side at Rushcutters Bay next week. High will be hosting Kings next week and if they continue improving they can make it a real contest.

TAS 23 d Scots 12
Unfortunately this game was not broadcast, and so we can only assume a fairly comfortable win for TAS on Reunion Weekend in Armidale. Both teams have had three losses so are not contending for the premiership, but I think they can cause trouble for the competition leaders in the remaining three rounds. TAS travel to Northbridge next week for their clash with Shore and Scots host Joeys at Bellevue Hill.

Well done to all the players in difficult conditions yesterday.

INP

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Just started watching the Joeys v New match on cluch, and was astounded by what I saw when the teams lined up to shake hands...

The Joeys #7 intentionally walks away from the line-up where he was with his team-mates, and stood back about 5 yards as the Newington team came up and shook hands..

No-one from Newington does this

So this is the second time he has done that this season (that I know of) - and it is simply poor sportsmanship, quite immature on his part, and a very bad look for Joeys. Who mind you, always play the game to the high standards it deserves..

Someone needs to tell this kid to pull his head in - respect the game, and its ethos

I'd say you would agree with this Joker..
You can see once newo score their first try, they all gave it to the number 7 to remind him of that handshake I believe.

O

Old High Boy

You can see once newo score their first try, they all gave it to the number 7 to remind him of that handshake I believe.

Yes, I noted that - as you can see what he is doing (or not doing) gives the opposition extra motivation

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
For those who enjoy statistics.
Each home game Joeys publish the record between the schools.
This week v Newington you really get an idea of how far back the two teams have played.
Plus there is the usual games won and lost
Enjoy

IMG_8393.JPG

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Just started watching the Joeys v New match on cluch, and was astounded by what I saw when the teams lined up to shake hands...

The Joeys #7 intentionally walks away from the line-up where he was with his team-mates, and stood back about 5 yards as the Newington team came up and shook hands..

No-one from Newington does this

So this is the second time he has done that this season (that I know of) - and it is simply poor sportsmanship, quite immature on his part, and a very bad look for Joeys. Who mind you, always play the game to the high standards it deserves..

Someone needs to tell this kid to pull his head in - respect the game, and its ethos

I'd say you would agree with this Joker..
In the 2nd half he showed good sportsmanship attending to the injured limping New #2 in back play.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Like this. Well done. I shall be using this from now on. Thank you
It is not an exaggeration, Joker. Visible pools of water on the surface. It simply does not drain adequately. While recent rains have been exceptional, it would appear that Riverview needs to consider what can be done to improve it.

Tony_weave531

Allen Oxlade (6)
How will the 16a scots view cancellation afftect the ladder? Will this game be a draw? If this is the case the ladder would be

Newington 2 wins
Riverview 1 win 1 draw
Joeys 1 win 1 loss
Kings 1 win 1 loss
Scots 1 win 1 draw
Shore 2 losses

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Thank you everyone for your help. We are close.

The only results missing are:
  • Kings v Shore: 15As, 15Bs, 14Bs and 13As
all other results are in, although a couple are a little vague and might need confirming.

weekly results - Round 2.jpg

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)
Players are encouraged to play in a positive and sportsmanlike manner and to extend every courtesy to the opposing team. This should include pre-match courtesies, recognition of good play on the part of the opposition and extending thanks to the umpire/referee and to the opposition

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
How will the 16a scots view cancellation afftect the ladder? Will this game be a draw? If this is the case the ladder would be

Newington 2 wins
Riverview 1 win 1 draw
Joeys 1 win 1 loss
Kings 1 win 1 loss
Scots 1 win 1 draw
Shore 2 losses
This is the tricky one. I am in discussion with our stats team to find a solution.
Thanks for raising this.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
It is not an exaggeration, Joker. Visible pools of water on the surface. It simply does not drain adequately. While recent rains have been exceptional, it would appear that Riverview needs to consider what can be done to improve it.
This has been a constant issue going back decades.
In 1980 Joeys agreed to play this match at Riverview as it was their centenary.

The match report starts with......

The weather and playing conditions could not have been worse. Intermittent heavy showers started on the Thursday prior to the match and the game itself was played in all but a few minutes of rain. Six matches were played on the No. 1 field prior to the first grade fixture so that the surface was a quagmire well before the main game started.

In the last game of the 1980 season Joeys did Riverview a favor. They beat Shore who, if victorious, would have shared the premiership with Riverview. Joeys victory allowed Riverview the honor of winning the AAGPS alone in their centenary year.

The following week 2L chocolate ice-cream tubs appeared on all the ref tables. Something unheard of. It turned out it was gift from Riverview.

RuckitRory

Stan Wickham (3)
thoughts on kings no.4 with late contact to the head of Shore fullback, removing him from the game.. No card given, yet referee was aware due to penalty awarded to shore.

Great game of schoolboy rugby regardless.

TTT
Gotta agree with you here TTT - blatant late contact resulting in a very nasty outcome. Still an absolute cracker of a game.

RIR

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
No worries Subbies. I am pleased to report a couple of young Scots lads are holding the banner high with insightful comments and stable commentary. It is a shame that Rob Hart is absent as he takes no prisoners in his defense of Scots. In fact....after 12 years we have decided to call a truce and be nice to another. I am looking forward to meeting more Scots supporters this coming Saturday as the cattle dogs (which are getting old, but damn they are mean) make their way to the Death Star to tackle the Scotsbots in battle.

View attachment 14206
Come on Joker, you can't keep pushing the Star Wars line as it has been five years since Scots held the shield! We will be rank outsiders (even with everything we spend ) but Rocky did beat Apollo Creed!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
After watching the Scots v Riverview game in the swamp I was stunned by some of the inconsistency of the refereeing. To begin with I will highlight three "tackles" that were not sanctioned and should have been under the letter of the law.

1. Fittler making contact with the head/neck and NOTHING comes from this.

Scots 1.jpg

2. Cummins and TSC 2 using NO arms at all in the tackle, in other words a shoulder charge.

Scots 2.jpg

Scots 3.jpg

3. None of these were punished BUT the referee did punish View for this. This is considered the same as above.

Scots 4.jpg

There seems to be a lot of league style tackling in the Scots team.

Status
Not open for further replies.