• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia Sun, 7/8/2022, 5:10 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Wallabies kick off their Rugby Championship with the first of a two test tour in Argentina with Cheka coaching the Pumas. Early start but not so early that most won't get up for it.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Would like to see Rennie pick a team and stick with it for these two matches ( except for injuries of course).
Think we need to see some combinations get time to develop a bit tighter.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Would like to see Rennie pick a team and stick with it for these two matches ( except for injuries of course).
Think we need to see some combinations get time to develop a bit tighter.

If we are running Quade at 10 give him a connection at 9 and 12. And 15. Stick to it.

4, 5 and 6 also with continuity.

BUT for cris’sake select your best targeting a W. We need need these two games.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Aren't we just trying to pick our best team for every match?

The only changes from match to match are either injury based or some slight tinkering with combinations.

We know we've got a new 12 and 15 for this match (although it could be Petaia back at 15) and there's a strong chance we see some change at lock and 6.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
So who's available for this match?
I assume Bell, Sio, Neville, Kerevi, Perese and Banks are out. Also assuming that Swain and Petaia are available.
What's the status of Holloway, Cooper and Kellaway?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Kellaway isn't in the squad and is out for a while longer. I assume Cooper and Holloway are good to go, but that is not confirmed

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Kellaway isn't in the squad and is out for a while longer. I assume Cooper and Holloway are good to go, but that is not confirmed
Pretty sure Cooper confirmed on an Instagram story he is good to go if selected

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
What does our best XV look like for this match? Something like:
1. Slipper
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Swain
5. Arnold
6. Holloway (if fit)/Leota
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Korobeite
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Wright
15. Petaia
16. Fainga'a
17. Gibbon
18. AAA
19. Frost/Philip
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. Lolesio
23. Vunivalu

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Hoping for this-

1. Slipper
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Phillip
5. Arnold
6. Holloway
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Korobeite
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Wright
15. Petaia
16. Fainga'a
17. Robertson
18. AAA
19. Frost
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. Lolesio
23. Vunivalu

Only risk is in the centres if either Paisami or Ikitau go down. Could potentially move T Wright to FB, Petaia into outside centre and Vunivalu onto the wing. If not, I'd take Lolesio off the bench and put in Simone.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jed Holloway hasn't played any rugby for 2 months and coming off a calf injury (limited running). Has to be a risk starting him.

Gibbon would be ahead of Robertson given he was in the squad first.

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
Only risk is in the centres if either Paisami or Ikitau go down. Could potentially move T Wright to FB, Petaia into outside centre and Vunivalu onto the wing. If not, I'd take Lolesio off the bench and put in Simone.
Petaia could quite easily cover 13 if Ikitau went down. Wright too I'm pretty sure has played a bit of 12 (I might be wrong).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Will probably miss this but hopefully the boys can come back with a win.

Stoked for Holloway. Deserves a start.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
That’s where he will be starting apparently, congratulations Jed
Dave won't pick him. His favourite combo is Leota-Hooper-Valetini. The only one who could have changed that trio was Wilson but he was poor when he had the opportunity, so I don't expect any upset unless there's an injury

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That’s where he will be starting apparently, congratulations Jed
You got inside mail?

Dave won't pick him. His favourite combo is Leota-Hooper-Valetini. The only one who could have changed that trio was Wilson but he was poor when he had the opportunity, so I don't expect any upset unless there's an injury
Well that's not true, it very much sounded like Holloway was going to start the 1st Test if not injured.

The question now is, given his limited rugby and fitness recently whether it's a risk starting him and rather comes off the bench.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
You got inside mail?

Well that's not true, it very much sounded like Holloway was going to start if not injured.

The question now is, given his limited rugby and fitness recently whether it's a risk starting him and rather comes off the bench.
Yup, he’s starting

Damn, Porecki ruled out with concussion, Pollard called in as injury cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.