• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia Sun, 7/8/2022, 5:10 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Holloway has a chance to become our next Fardy. Hope he does. That would be ideal for the next couple of years.

I'm not sold on him as anything higher than a bench player, but very happy to be proven wrong.

Great player, but he doesn't exactly play like Fardy?

I see Fardy as more a 6/7, pest at the breakdown, workhorse, hard as nails.
Holloway 4/6/8, hard runner with pace, strong into contact. Does Holloway make any turnovers?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Porecki out with concussion what a bugger

Damn, FF (Folau Fainga'a) better be throwing straight, this could really hurt us at line-out time again. (although he was throwing pretty damn straight last match, let's hope it continues).

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Damn, FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) better be throwing straight, this could really hurt us at line-out time again. (although he was throwing pretty damn straight last match, let's hope it continues).
He played very well against England. He looks too be in good nick. Lonergan presumably moves onto the bench?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
He played very well against England. He looks too be in good nick. Lonergan presumably moves onto the bench?

I agree on FF (Folau Fainga'a). But I think it's too soon for Lonergan. I wonder if Latu will get a call up, where are all the other Hookers, injured too?

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Damn, FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) better be throwing straight, this could really hurt us at line-out time again. (although he was throwing pretty damn straight last match, let's hope it continues).
I'm more worried about Lonergan, he has been dominated for the games he has played with the Wallabies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why even consider a player with deficiencies that have to be covered by another?

Because they have attributes that no other player has?

It's not like we're filled with World XV players.

Rennie has shown some interest in Skelton. I don't think there will be more unless there's the opportunity to bring in more than 3 foreign based players for the RWC. That said, if the Japanese players can't join the EOYT again then he's a strong chance to be brought in.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Status
Not open for further replies.