• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I know it had to be done... but geez, it looks almost exactly the same as before from the inside.

Percentage of crowd under cover has increased significantly, besides that I think there were a few design/structural issues.

Concourse width and emergency exists didnt meet modern standards for evacuation and emergency egress.

Lsck of women bathrooms throughout. Lack of food and drink vendors.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Guess they should get rid of the members/ladies stands at the SCG for not being up to code either

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Guess they should get rid of the members/ladies stands at the SCG for not being up to code either

???

The issue with building codes is you generally only need to meet the building code that existed at the time the thing was built. If you do enough of a renovation on something though you need to bring it up to the current building code.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
???

The issue with building codes is you generally only need to meet the building code that existed at the time the thing was built. If you do enough of a renovation on something though you need to bring it up to the current building code.
Didn’t know that was the case with building codes. Thanks for letting me know. I’m sure it’ll be a great venue, if Parra Stadium is anything to go by. I have my opinions on why the stadium was rebuilt. But won’t hijack this thread with them. In fact, I might find a Sydney FC thread and put them there.
On a Waratahs note it’s been posted Joey Walton playing NPC. Any other Tahs over there?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Someone posted this in the Wallabies 2022 thread.

Connor Vest - Auckland
Jackson Pugh - Auckland
Isoa Nasilasila (Think he played for Southern Districts and now Drua) - NH
Joey Walton - BoP
Campbell Parata

Robbie Abel is also back playing for Auckland

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Also, why would you want the look of it to change substantially? It was always a great ground to watch football.

Everything else about it just sucked (aside from the location).

Angle of seating needed to change. The lower tier was a bit flat.

I'm looking at the positives. Like Perrotet telling Peter "RugbaLeg" V'Landys to fuck off when he complained about suburban grounds.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Angle of seating needed to change. The lower tier was a bit flat.

Apparently it is now a bit steeper.

I never minded the bottom section. Our seats for Tahs games for a very long time were in row GG towards the back of the lower section and I thought the vantage point was good.

Would definitely be happier being half a metre higher and a metre closer in the same row though (if that makes sense).

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

I never minded the bottom section. Our seats for Tahs games for a very long time were in row GG towards the back of the lower section and I thought the vantage point was good.

Would definitely be happier being half a metre higher and a metre closer in the same row though (if that makes sense).

It does - back of the lower tier was usually value but midway up you were sort of in no-man's land. Never felt like a linear gradient.

Anyway it is fucking gone now and if the viewing is as good as Parra stadium it'll be alright

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Good stadium design these days also has a roof big enough\deep enough that rain drains onto the ground and not on the punters, if parra is anything to go by, you feel much closer to the game

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's not good at all. That's 5 months after the incident. I fear another Rob Horne situation.

Last edited:

Alex Ross (28)
That's not good at all. That's six months after the incident. I fear another Rob Horne situation.
I think they were giving it time to resolve, and only if it didn’t he was going under the knife. Perhaps he’s just had surgery?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
“One of the things we identified from our season review was the need to add some size and power to our roster, and Nemani brings a lot of size and physicality which will add an extra dimension to our team.

“He’s motivated to get back to Sydney have another crack at Super Rugby and push his claims to get in the Fijian Test team for their 2023 Rugby World Cup campaign,”