• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rugby Xplorer has them down for Saturday games . The GF at least is normally on a Sunday when played at Ballymore.

Any news on where the finals will be played?

Last year saw suburban grounds share the early finals then GF’s at Suncorp.

Yeah I think GPS and Brothers the early rounds and Wests with Suncorp the GF? I think?

Rugbynovice

Stan Wickham (3)
looks like Bobby Tuttle is making his 2022 QPR debut this weekend down at the glue factory.
I'm torn between who I want to win this game. Wests winning mean that Wests, Bros and UQ likely guaranteed top 4 spots.......but GPS winning make it an interesting run to finals.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Yeah I think GPS and Brothers the early rounds and Wests with Suncorp the GF? I think?

Would love to see them try and use a schools ground in the concept of neutral ground ie like ballymore

Somewhere like Brisbane Grammar at Northgate or Gregory Terrace at Tennyson or Churchie at East Brisbane would be ideal. Could have multiple (2) fields for games and plenty of space for warm ups etc.

In reality they probably have better facilities than most club grounds.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Would love to see them try and use a schools ground in the concept of neutral ground ie like ballymore

Somewhere like Brisbane Grammar at Northgate or Gregory Terrace at Tennyson or Churchie at East Brisbane would be ideal. Could have multiple (2) fields for games and plenty of space for warm ups etc.

In reality they probably have better facilities than most club grounds.
I love Northgate but it'd be a bad option for the final - too far out of Brisbane and nothing much nearby.

The others might work but it'd depend entirely on the schools willingness to co-operate. Particularly dependant on what's happening with cricket pitches at that time of year.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I love Northgate but it'd be a bad option for the final - too far out of Brisbane and nothing much nearby.

The others might work but it'd depend entirely on the schools willingness to co-operate. Particularly dependant on what's happening with cricket pitches at that time of year.
Northgate isnt as far as Bond University???????

Why does it have to be inner city?????

Bumble B

Stan Wickham (3)
GPS have named a very strong team on RugbyXplorer. Plenty of rep experience in the 23 with most notable Teti Tela back in the fold.

Felemi - Super rugby & former Tongan international
Ngaumo - Pro in France & former Tongan international
Straker - Super rugby & ITM
Baker - Aus 20's
Tualima - Super rugby
Richards - NRC & Reds A
Tuttle - Super rugby
Tela - Super rugby & Fijian international
Tuqiri - Rebels
Ravutaumada - Super rugby
Konelio - NRC
Aubrey - Super rugby & Aus 20's

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Nick Berry doing the GPS v Wests game so should be fast - particularly with the respective backlines.
Damon Murphy refereeing UQ v Easts.

Major Semi Finals at GPS Saturday 3rd (plus lower grade minor semis)
Minor Semi Finals at Wests Sunday 4th (Womens, Colts 1, Second Grade and Hospital Cup)
Preliminary Finals at Brothers Saturday 10th (lower grades)
Preliminary Finals at Bond Sunday 11th (Womens, Colts 1, Second Grade and Hospital Cup)
Grand Finals at Wests Saturday 17th (lower grades)
Grand Finals at Suncorp Sunday 18th (Womens, Colts 1, Second Grade and Hospital Cup)

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Nick Berry doing the GPS v Wests game so should be fast - particularly with the respective backlines.

Minor Semi Finals at Wests Sunday 4th (Womens, Colts 1, Second Grade and Hospital Cup)
Preliminary Finals at Bond Sunday 11th (Womens, Colts 1, Second Grade and Hospital Cup)
Grand Finals at Suncorp Sunday 18th (Womens, Colts 1, Second Grade and Hospital Cup)
Pretty much the three worst affected venues in this years rain.
Does not make a huge amount of sense.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pretty much the three worst affected venues in this years rain.
Does not make a huge amount of sense.
I was under the impression that GPS was one of the best managed grounds during the heavy wet weather with resulting little to no effect on the grounds.

The Engine Room

Sydney Middleton (9)

Parking at Sylvan Road is a nightmare on any playing day let alone a finals. GPS not much better. Trust the clubs will have a "plan" to appease the locals, the police, players and spectators alike!! Prelims @ Bond Uni - seriously?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Parking at Sylvan Road is a nightmare on any playing day let alone a finals. GPS not much better. Trust the clubs will have a "plan" to appease the locals, the police, players and spectators alike!! Prelims @ Bond Uni - seriously?

I mean parking at Ballymore isn't ideal either. And parking within 2km of Suncorp is literally non-existent for the Grand Final weekend. That's just life.

None of these clubs are really setup to host massive days, but what is the other option? Drop a rugby field on top of Indooroopilly Shopping Centre and use their carpark?

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
I can just imagine the committee making these decisions. Probably full of marketing & events people who have no idea on logistics like parking, let alone the playing.

Imagine your Colts 2 team play at Crosby (aka Dettol Park) on Saturday in a game to make the GF and then half of them are asked to go down the M1 on Sunday as their "recovery" to bench for the Colts 1 team.