• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rennie and Co ….. back to the drawing board….
Yeah or maybe not. Maybe call this guy before he gets a job in NZRU or RFU:
Crusaders-coach-Scott-Robertson.jpg

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Biggest issue to fix at the moment is the back 3, we conceded so many points off kicks and counter attack and that can't continue into the Bledisloe. I don't think any of the individual players are particularly bad, but the overall connection and positioning really isn't working. Not too surprising with a makeshift 15, so I expect we see Kellaway come straight back in there if he's fit. Not an out and out 15 but his game is probably most suited to it of the converted wingers.

Does open the door for Beale to come back in sooner rather than later though, assuming he is fit.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Biggest issue to fix at the moment is the back 3, we conceded so many points off kicks and counter attack and that can't continue into the Bledisloe.

Does open the door for Beale to come back in sooner rather than later though, assuming he is fit.
Koro will start. I suppose Kellaway is locked in. Petaia is one of our best up and comers. If anybody should come in sooner rather than later I would argue that it would have to be Vunivalu. I know things are different in club rugby, but Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) was sensational yesterday for Eastwood in the Shute Shield.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Not that he had a shocking game or anything but can we now all move on from JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) as a 10 option. There just isn’t anything gained from it now or into the future.

JOC (James O'Connor) made more tackles than all but 2 of the pack - you wonder (don't need to go too deep) as to how much protection he got. He passed a lot more than our FHs have been for a while (including Quade), but (like White) was frequently force to run when our structure and lack of go forward could not keep the Puma D line under control.

Fly half is a position that will always stand out, but it is also highly contingent on what else is happening. Any though that Lolo would have performed substantially better seems optimistic at best.

Not a great game for JOC (James O'Connor) but hardly the root of the issues. This being: high ball at the back and organisation there (He holds some joint responsibility there but lack of organisation is on Wright for me), slow structure especially on the counter in D, less than ideal set piece. JOC (James O'Connor) its hardly the first I would be hooking, though to be fair, I might think about Hodge to 10 backing in D to help the outside backs in organisation and high ball. Lolesio is going to need the structure and the pack to step up to have a chance.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The forwards decide who wins, so they say. That was not far from being our best possible pack, except of course for hooker. Or maybe the old adage is wrong?

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
The forwards decide who wins, so they say. That was not far from being our best possible pack, except of course for hooker. Or maybe the old adage is wrong?
That side is a fair way off our best....

AAA
Porecki / Fainga'a
Bell
Rodda - With Arnold clearly not match fit either...
Neville
Hooper

Along with

Cooper
Kerevi
Kellaway
Banks
Perese
Paisami

These guys were all in the Wallabies squad for the first test with 5 blokes pulled in from the A program.

Not suggesting the blokes picked aren't very good players, but IMO a fully fit squad to pick from would look very different from todays 23.

IMO a full strength Wallaby squad would look like this... with 8 changes to the staring squad plus a couple more on the bench....

AAA
Porecki
Bell

Rodda
Neville
Holloway
Hooper
Valetini
White
Cooper
Korobeite
Kerevi
Ikitau
Petaia
Kelleway

Fainga'a

Slipper
TT
Arnold
Samu
T Mc D or Gordon
Paisami or Perese
Hodge

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Matt To’omua is a breath of fresh air on Stan as a commentator… very good… hint… Sonny Bill …. adios ’bro’….

I was impressed with Anothony Seibold too, some solid analysis. Sounds like he knows his stuff, makes me wonder what the hell happened with this Bronco's head coach stint.