• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2022

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Randwick unlucky not to get the win on the weekend. Definitely big improvers with plenty of speed in the backs.
Hard fought win for Gordon yesterday. Do they only get a six day turn around and have to play Saturday against the Wicks? Could impact recovery and hence the result.
Manly v Eastwood will be a cracker. What is Blake thinking not starting Gleeson unless Waratahs medical staff had him on reduced minutes.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Eastwood look very dangerous in the backs - Edmed and Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) are great to watch. Manly Oval should be pumping on Sat.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Eastwood to Edge Manly 25/20 with Langi Gleeson almost pulling it out of the fire for Manly. Eastwood just know what to do come finals time every year.

Gordon to beat Wicks 38/18. Goddard/McGregor to prove clinical marching down the field.

Heard it hear first....

.....fuck please come off

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Eastwood to Edge Manly 25/20 with Langi Gleeson almost pulling it out of the fire for Manly. Eastwood just know what to do come finals time every year.

Gordon to beat Wicks 38/18. Goddard/McGregor to prove clinical marching down the field.

Heard it hear first....

.....fuck please come off
Eastwood to beat Manly with Tane's boot. After watching wicks last week get so close to Uni, I see them beating Gordon.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Eastwood to beat Manly with Tane's boot. After watching wicks last week get so close to Uni, I see them beating Gordon.
You might be right. Hard to take much from Gordon beating Randwick at Coogee earlier in the year in those conditions. Uni at times allow teams to be near them like a Cat toying with a mouse before it kills it.

Agree about Edmed. Just put Manly out of their misery.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
although Valentini is a very hand goal kicker too. He and Nathan Russell were impressive with the goal kicking last weekend (and through the season).

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Interesting to see Dylan Pietsch back in the Randwick team this week. With Chan presumably out injured Deegan moves to inside centre which will be interesting. The young James Hendren moves to Fullback and can expect a work out from Goddard and McGregor.
Any news on whether Easts have been able to influence the competition manager and get Bowen qualified for Colts?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Has Bowen played any games in Colts this year. Even though he is the age if he hasn't played a couple I don't like it.

Pietsch is a great in for the Wicks. Great games for the Tahs and Aus A

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Tight contest at North Sydney Oval. Anybody's game. Valetini can kick goals!!! Woodies scrape home. Marlins decided to get serious in the final 10 minutes, but it was just too late.

Last edited:

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think Eastwood didn't look too gassed after the game so the momentum may be a good thing into next week's final vs Uni.
Gordon snatching a win at the death over Randwick sets up a tantalising semi vs Norths - THAT would be a game worth going to - when was the last time the old enemies faced each other in a semi-final? that will be epic. Any idea where the semis will be held?

Last edited: