• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Great day on Saturday for Div 1. HH boys really put on a show against St Pats. A very close first half before the class of HH showed in the 2nd half and St Pats couldn't stay with us. Usually a vocal St Pats crowd were pretty quiet.

Other results went as per program apart from a resurgent Drummoyne. I dont think the dribble on here about Drummoyne is in any way true and they are setting themselves up for a strong 2023 it looks like,
Knox copped another red card on the weekend - Not sure they will be fielding teams for the rest of the year. Could be an early Silly Saturday at Lofberg.
Mosman Waverley - Ive only seen the result but will try watch the Clutch highlights later on - Top 4 is shaping up nicely with the other 2 just filling in the numbers. Really should cut the finals down to top 4 and let the big boys fight it out.

Crazy to think with how poorly Petersham are going that Forest could make the finals this year. Drummoyne may also make it pending their game next week against Forest and no more BPs from the other 2.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Head says Waverley - Colleagues
Heart says Waverley - HH

If we can knock off Colleagues at home this week it will put us on the other side of the finals draw from Waverley and that might be the easiest way to reach to the GF. Not to knock Colleagues - but I feel Waverley are the Number 1 team at the moment.

Either way - GF day at TG will be a good one - You will find me on the Hill in the sun

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
Division 1 GF predictions
Kentwell: Waverley vs Hunters Hill
Burke: Waverley vs St Pats
Barbour: Colleagues vs Mosman
Whiddon: Waverley vs Mosman
Judd: Blue Mountains vs Waverley
Sutherland: Mosman vs Colleagues

Division 2 GF predictions
Barraclough: Newport vs Hawkesbury Valley
Stockdale: Lindfield vs UNSW
Robertson: Lindfield vs Newport
Blunt: Newport vs Hills
Richardson: Lindfield vs UNSW

Division 4 GF Predictions
McLean: Harbour vs Epping
Grose: Epping vs Easts

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone know why the Club Champs are so wrong?

By the calcs in Div 2 it should be
Lindfield 2562
Newport 2461
HV 2158

But they are way out.

It has
Lindfield 2026
Newport 1809
HV 1678

Newport put the broom through HV round one and Lindfield round 3 (bar 2nd grade) What am I missing ?

BJT

Peter Burge (5)
Anyone know why the Club Champs are so wrong?

By the calcs in Div 2 it should be
Lindfield 2562
Newport 2461
HV 2158

But they are way out.

It has
Lindfield 2026
Newport 1809
HV 1678

Newport put the broom through HV round one and Lindfield round 3 (bar 2nd grade) What am I missing ?
Club champs are only counted off one full round of games against eachother. Rounds 1-3 did not count to CC.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Good looking week in Kentwell this week

Knox - Blue Mountains - Will Knox put up a side this week? Blue Mountains will be too big for the 15 players who turn up. Blue Mountains by 20

St Pats - Mosman - St Pats turned up for 40 minutes last week. I feel that their outside backs have become bored with them playing 10 men rugby all year. No one outside the 12 could defend for them. Once we worked that out - we went wide every time we had possession and tore them apart. Mosman would feel a bit annoyed last week. Red card for a player taking a dive last week. WIll they be able to get back up for this game. Ill take them by 1. St Pats to throw the game away late.

Drummoyne - Forest -Dirty reds have a sniff of 6th place with Petersham already looking at Mad Monday. Forest have stumbled their way into consideration, although they are a Div 2 club. Drummoyne by 10 here.

HH - Colleagues - Match of the Round. Could be a GF preview this weekend at Boronia. Good weather - Get down there for a beer and some outstanding rugby. Ill save you a spot behind the posts. HH to keep winning.

Waverley - Petersham - Waverley by how many. Petersham have dropped off. Waverley to use this as a training run or just to rest a few players heading into the finals series.

Subbies Standout

Frank Row (1)
Good looking week in Kentwell this week

Knox - Blue Mountains - Will Knox put up a side this week? Blue Mountains will be too big for the 15 players who turn up. Blue Mountains by 20

St Pats - Mosman - St Pats turned up for 40 minutes last week. I feel that their outside backs have become bored with them playing 10 men rugby all year. No one outside the 12 could defend for them. Once we worked that out - we went wide every time we had possession and tore them apart. Mosman would feel a bit annoyed last week. Red card for a player taking a dive last week. WIll they be able to get back up for this game. Ill take them by 1. St Pats to throw the game away late.

Drummoyne - Forest -Dirty reds have a sniff of 6th place with Petersham already looking at Mad Monday. Forest have stumbled their way into consideration, although they are a Div 2 club. Drummoyne by 10 here.

HH - Colleagues - Match of the Round. Could be a GF preview this weekend at Boronia. Good weather - Get down there for a beer and some outstanding rugby. Ill save you a spot behind the posts. HH to keep winning.

Waverley - Petersham - Waverley by how many. Petersham have dropped off. Waverley to use this as a training run or just to rest a few players heading into the finals series
May aswell kit up with your HH boys this week, they’ll be standing behind the posts with you for most of the game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy is a free man after we finished our season last week :)
Tho the wife is on a girl's weekend so I'm still Dad Taxi for the teens :(
But at least she isn't around to give me the "rugby widow" speech ;)

DIVISION FOUR FINALS

After dropping over to Boronia in the morning to make good on my promise to the Chairman, in grabbing a beer and watching some lower grades, I'm off to Holroyd to see how things pan out. It'll be interesting to watch, as Merrylands and Redfield are the two clubs with Open Selection, so they can start to look at strategies to compete in either Grade.

Grose Cup
1215 - Merrylands v Chatswood
- the Stags had a late season run, knocking out Renegades and Mac Uni to secure their spot. The Wolves will be uhappy to lose at the death against Epping last week and miss out on 2nd spot BUT it works out in a way as they'll have everyone available. Merrylands likely will go Route 1 to try and win the game with physicality. If the Stags can stick to the wide channels and keep the ball they put themselves in with a shot. In Round 10 they played at Holroyd for a Merrylands 25-15 win.
My tip: MERRYLANDS

1345 - Savers v Redfield -
Manly will probably have slightly more depth in this encounter, as they've built nicely through the season. Weighing this against Redfield's opportunities with open selection, and you've got a good game of rugby on your hands. The season stands at one game each (R2 Redfield 17-10 @ Blacktown, R13 Savers 31-20 @ Keirle Park), so this could go either way.
My tip: MANLY SAVERS

McLean Cup
1515 - Redfield v Merrylands
- Merrylands pipped ROBS in Round 6 by 22-20 at Holroyd, in what was supposed to be a Redfield home game. Last week Merrylands got a bit of a touch up from Epping, so will be looking to improve at home. Redfield are Redfield, and despite a disrupted last week against HAC they know their rugby, they're fit, and they'll tackle all day. To say this will be a contrast in styles is gross understatement.
My tip: REDFIELD

1700 - Epping v Mac Uni
- yikes this could be a slaughter. Epping will look to take the students apart in every aspect of the game and it'll start at the scrum and work backwards.
My Tip: EPPING

Cranky Penguin

Stan Wickham (3)
Knox have forfeited all senior grades against Blue Mountains this Saturday. The games were at Lofberg. They are only able able to put a colts team out there this week.

Just wondering if anyone from Knox is on here??? How do you go from fielding 5 grades - Round 1 and having fresh reserves in fourth grade, to not being able to field first grade by seasons end?

Never seen anything like this before. Extremely disappointing.

footy_footy

Chris McKivat (8)
Knox have forfeited all senior grades against Blue Mountains this Saturday. The games were at Lofberg. They are only able able to put a colts team out there this week.

Just wondering if anyone from Knox is on here??? How do you go from fielding 5 grades - Round 1 and having fresh reserves in fourth grade, to not being able to field first grade by seasons end?

Never seen anything like this before. Extremely disappointing.
This is beyond farcical. I feel for the Blueys lads this weekend - it’s not fair.

Now that this has become a recurring trend and not just a ‘one-off’ occurrence I think Knox ought to be disqualified from the Division for the remainder of 2022, which includes their Colts. They plainly have not met the requirements of the Division and have clearly lied to Subbies somewhere along the line. It’s also disrespectful to the 9 other clubs who have to put up with their nonsense whilst many of them battle to fill their team sheets week in week out.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
This is beyond farcical. I feel for the Blueys lads this weekend - it’s not fair.

Now that this has become a recurring trend and not just a ‘one-off’ occurrence I think Knox ought to be disqualified from the Division for the remainder of 2022, which includes their Colts. They plainly have not met the requirements of the Division and have clearly lied to Subbies somewhere along the line. It’s also disrespectful to the 9 other clubs who have to put up with their nonsense whilst many of them battle to fill their team sheets week in week out.
Possibly, but @Cranky Penguin 's question is valid though. They had heaps of numbers at the start of the season - where did they all go?

Uzi1989

Stan Wickham (3)

I agree champion it is not fair that they keep doing this to other clubs and still stay in the finals race for colts. If they don’t get disqualified from the competition then I really don’t know what subbies is thinking

Lurker

Bob McCowan (2)
Lol. Only able to score 44 against a Petersham that almost lost to Knox and 27 against St Pats who dont have a backline. Hope you have a few new recruits with that chat. I think we will be ok!
EastCoast is on the bongs again…