• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Looks like Jim McKay has been down at wallabies training holding the pool noodle this week - anyone know if they've been bringing some of the super staff in regularly or if it's just calling in extra bodies relatively local to the gold coast?

Guess it could be a sign he's on the Aus A staff later this year, given they want them doing everything in the same systems as the wallabies.
Dismal needs to work with this euphemism.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Would one of our friends from north of the Tweed put me on the correct path about young Fraser: is it Mc"right", or Mc"rate"?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
We're not there yet but if McReight keeps up the form, the Hooper situation becomes complicated when he's ready to return.

I don't think so. One starts and one stays on the bench. I think we got enough decent choices at Captain now too. Plenty of options to make it work.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Since when did Dan Palmer join the coaching staff? Petrus Du Plessis is still there and was giving feedback at half time but Palmer is definitely there too.

Aus A program I wonder?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Since when did Dan Palmer join the coaching staff? Petrus Du Plessis is still there and was giving feedback at half time but Palmer is definitely there too.

Aus A program I wonder?
Palmer was there??? Well guess it confirms the rumours I’ve heard that Petrus is the next body on the chopping block after Tattsy.

Not a great look if just another Brumby coach gets the gig.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Palmer was there??? Well guess it confirms the rumours I’ve heard that Petrus is the next body on the chopping block after Tattsy.

Not a great look if just another Brumby coach gets the gig.
Well it will make the team announcement a lot less exciting.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
How well has this comment aged Phil? Reckon there might have been a little method behind such madness.
Haha - I am allowed to have a chuckle at the use of particular training equipment.

I also don’t think elite sporting programs will be rushing out to emulate Rennie’s training techniques based off one win.

Regardless, based on the result of the other game yesterday, it’s probably fair to say the Wallabies supporters out for blood may not have given the Pumas enough credit.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Haha - I am allowed to have a chuckle at the use of particular training equipment.

I also don’t think elite sporting programs will be rushing out to emulate Rennie’s training techniques based off one win.

Regardless, based on the result of the other game yesterday, it’s probably fair to say the Wallabies supporters out for blood may not have given the Pumas enough credit.

Other test teams like England have used the exact same technique for training, its not uncommon in pro rugby teams.

It simulates the sensory overload conditions/distractions which you get in match-day as opposed to training, when teaching players to take highballs.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Other test teams like England have used the exact same technique for training, its not uncommon in pro rugby teams.

It simulates the sensory overload conditions/distractions which you get in match-day as opposed to training, when teaching players to take highballs.
They’re used across many different pro sports too, not just rugby

Happy

Dave Cowper (27)
That does look like Palmer in the backgound

1661640634212.png