• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks - Adelaide Oval, Sat 27th August, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Its coming from him half arsing it every time he takes to the field. Didn't read the article and don't care how he spends his money.
Drawing a long bow then aren’t you.

Because he has put in plenty of very good performances on the field, just because he is out of form and lacking fitness after an 10 week injury doesn’t means shit, Wallabies/Rennie should have let him return through club rugby and build some form/fitness instead of rushing him back.

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Darwin a long bow then aren’t you..

Because he has put in plenty of very good performances on the field, just because he is out of form and lacking fitness after an 10 week injury doesn’t means shit, Wallabies/Rennie should have let him return through club rugby and build some form instead of rushing him back.
Fair enough I suppose. I am speculating.

We can, however, agree that he shouldn't be playing right now given his form.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
36k crowd
84E02C3C-8F44-45F0-A860-E092BB5780F0.jpeg

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
He's not doing that though is he? At the point of contact, his foot is on the ground and he's in a fairly normal running stride. It's not illegal to try and dive after the tackle.
No, he shit himself and kind of stopped. Thus Koro puts his head in front (not a good thing) attamps wrapping with both arms. If he gets cited, you are right and everyone else is wrong.
EDIT: sorry, catching up on the chat. No need to reply as it’s been done to death.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Probably be Foketi and Paisami.

The best part of that performance is Rennie can now stop fucking around and just pick Noah at 10.
Yep, have to say Noah bossed the game. Better than Pollard at game management, passing, kicking (in open play and off the tee), and better at running with the ball himself. That difference was where the game was won imo. As somebody who has expressed doubts about Noah's ability at 10, and lack of size to play anywhere else, I was very surprised by his performance and I hope it continues to get better with more game time.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yep, have to say Noah bossed the game. Better than Pollard at game management, passing, kicking (in open play and off the tee), and better at running with the ball himself. That difference was where the game was won imo. As somebody who has expressed doubts about Noah's ability at 10, and lack of size to play anywhere else, I was very surprised by his performance and I hope it continues to get better with more game time.
Noah was great, but gee it makes the 10s life easier when the forwards aren't getting obliterated in every contest.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
TT is just a little out of form, for the first time I can recall. He is one of the few that we have that can turn a game on his own. Best to persist with him and let that happen. He will come good.
I hope you're right JB, but if he doesn't improve his scrummaging technique, he will continue to attract penalties from non-Australian referees. Right now he is a penalty liability and in very poor form otherwise.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Much better from Wallabies. Limiting mistakes didn't allow Boks to get into the game until it was too late.

Boks looked a right mess for most of the game - very little flow to their attack.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How did everyone see Arnold's performance? I didn't notice him much again.
He looked like he was blowing very early to me (when a lot of the other players weren't). I think fitness is still an issue.

Was handy in stopping a few of the mauls.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He looked like he was blowing very early to me (when a lot of the other players weren't). I think fitness is still an issue.

Rory just doesn't do it for me atm. I reckon we'd do better to stick with the locals who have performed so well in recent times.

While Rory was active in some of the mauls, as soon as Swain entered he just tore the SA maul to pieces. I think the student has now overtaken the teacher in that respect.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

i thought he was a big improvement on last week, but yeah fitness seems an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.