• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks - Adelaide Oval, Sat 27th August, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grass

Bob McCowan (2)
Just watched the game. Hodge did a job on Saturday. Got to think about him being fluffed about with positions over the years and what could have been...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Possibly, but my read on it was Williams wanted clarification so he could explain to them why Valetini was binned

And there just wasn’t a need to speak to the captain before then? I can’t for the life of me imagine a world where Valetini is captain before Sio (and a few others) in that lineup (don’t take this personally Brumby fans. It’s not a dig against you or your organisation).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm far less down on Nic White's actions than others. Sure it was pretty lame but he also got clipped across the face while we're trying to clear our own line.

Should we suffer a disadvantage because our play got interrupted illegally by Faf de Klerk?

De Klerk went for a low percentage option and got it substantially wrong. You can't just smack someone in the face.

Ensuring acts of foul play are reviewed has become pretty common place in the game. I don't think this was any different.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The only positive from that White play is that it's probably given the game much more mainstream media than we would have got otherwise....

In the 79th minute McDermott cops one in the chops by Kwagga Smith. If only he had taken a dive then, we may have stopped that last try I guess.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The only positive from that White play is that it's probably given the game much more mainstream media than we would have got otherwise....

In the 79th minute McDermott cops one in the chops by Kwagga Smith. If only he had taken a dive then, we may have stopped that last try I guess.

Wasn't that a fend from Smith though so it's legal?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm far less down on Nic White's actions than others. Sure it was pretty lame but he also got clipped across the face while we're trying to clear our own line.

Should we suffer a disadvantage because our play got interrupted illegally by Faf de Klerk?

De Klerk went for a low percentage option and got it substantially wrong. You can't just smack someone in the face.

Ensuring acts of foul play are reviewed has become pretty common place in the game. I don't think this was any different.
People not factoring in the field position either; he was in a very vulnerable position just metres from his own line. Milking the penalty became the obvious choice, doubt he does that 5m from the Springboks line.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
People not factoring in the field position either; he was in a very vulnerable position just metres from his own line. Milking the penalty became the obvious choice, doubt he does that 5m from the Springboks line.
Hate players taking a dive regardless of field position or anything else. We'll end up like the Italian soccer team, with all our supporters screaming for justice.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hate players taking a dive regardless of field position or anything else. We'll end up like the Italian soccer team, with all our supporters screaming for justice.
It's not exactly the same though is it? Soccer players often dive with zero contact. White was struck, he exaggerated the contact which obviously didn't make him fall to his knees but he was still hit.

You can see him about to play on but then he realises he can milk a penalty and goes down. Not great but also if Faf doesn't strike him - doesn't happen. It wasn't a complete dive.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't think anyone would disagree that it was a wise move tactically (although I imagine the TMO would've had a look at it regardless). The issue is that it was such an exaggerated dive given the level of contact; a really bad look for the game. The slowmo where you can literally see his thought process doesn't help either.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

That difference right there. THAT should be the benchmark for whether or not it constitutes taking a dive.

I'm holding my position here. No room for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.