• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not sure how true the report is. Seems there noone from Rugby Australia there, and if it is true makes a person think who was not at so called meeting too make it work?? I would suggest if progress has been made as reported (grain of salt?) and was done by members of Waratahs and Brumbies board, it would suggest that perhaps the Aussie franchises are keen on comp staying? And just maybe there is a disconnect between them and Rugby Australia. I kind of doubt that would be true, so as I say would wait and see someone a little bit more reliable than Georgina, or something a bit more official
Might want to have another read of the article Dan....
A breakthrough in the Super Rugby wars is on the horizon after New Zealand Rugby’s top brass met with their Australian counterparts at the Wallabies’ Rugby Championship match in Adelaide.

Hours before the All Blacks suffered a humiliating loss to Argentina in Christchurch, the Herald can reveal that the NZR chief executive and two board members were at the Rugby Australia chairman’s lounge at Adelaide Oval.

Now I know that doesn't name specific individuals from RA, but I think it's pretty safe to assume that Hamish McLennan (the chairman) was in the chairman's lounge for a wallaroos and wallabies double header. It'd be pretty surprising if he wasn't joined by Marinos and another board member or two as well.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You think perhaps they would of been named though? I would of been very surprised if at least Marinos wasn't at meeting. And you would think there would of been some names. There were 2 CHAiRMEN at the CHAIRMAN'S longe mate. Just seemed strange not to mention the important ones to me, why I will wait until we hear something concrete.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
You're jumping at shadows Dan. If they weren't in their own lounge for the meeting that would be news, that they were there goes largely unsaid (even though they did state the Australian counterparts were there).

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Not sure how true the report is. Seems there noone from Rugby Australia there, and if it is true makes a person think who was not at so called meeting too make it work?? I would suggest if progress has been made as reported (grain of salt?) and was done by members of Waratahs and Brumbies board, it would suggest that perhaps the Aussie franchises are keen on comp staying? And just maybe there is a disconnect between them and Rugby Australia. I kind of doubt that would be true, so as I say would wait and see someone a little bit more reliable than Georgina, or something a bit more official
?? Lol RA reps were there.

Australian teams are keen to stay under conditions which enable equalisation, but not in a competition where there is an enormous gap in resources available. There’s no point in remaining in a competition wheres there a gulf in resources available to the teams and lacks competitiveness. That would only kill the game further.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
RA: Well we've put the arm chairs in the dining room, but that iceberg's still coming. Maybe if we a put a futon in the boiler room....

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The article clearly states they were there, as Wilson just quoted... Marinos and McLennan were both in Adelaide for the test.
Ok, I admit I tend to take things from Georgina with a bit of doubt, and just assumed Hamish was still in England, and it seemed strange she didn't say Hamish and Marinos was at meeting. I had read the week before there was a meeting between a few chairmen from NZ and AUs super teams discussing rules or something. Perhaps I had got a little hope that super if it comtinued would be without NZR and RA not poking noses in too much, though I know it runs under their umbrella etc. I guess we will know a lot more in a few weeks.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Both unions are well aware that the bullshit has to stop, because we're going to struggle as things below the pro level continue to decay.

URC has shown South Africa a path out of SANZAAR, and Argentina could probably take us or leave us (tho they'll be happy to stay if they win tomorrow ;) ). Both RA and NZR need to work out a way to keep pro rugby going while rebuilding the grassroots.

Still, it's not all beer and skittles up north, either: https://www.rugbyworld.com/featured/opinion-financial-instability-threatens-rugbys-future-145363

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Ok, I admit I tend to take things from Georgina with a bit of doubt, and just assumed Hamish was still in England, and it seemed strange she didn't say Hamish and Marinos was at meeting. I had read the week before there was a meeting between a few chairmen from NZ and AUs super teams discussing rules or something. Perhaps I had got a little hope that super if it comtinued would be without NZR and Rugby Australia not poking noses in too much, though I know it runs under their umbrella etc. I guess we will know a lot more in a few weeks.
Could you kindly point out something Georgina has got wrong that’s made you a skeptic of her

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Could you kindly point out something Georgina has got wrong that’s made you a skeptic of her
Mate can't even remember the articles now, when I was living in Aus , hell must of been a while ago she wrote a bit of stuff about ARU I think it was, that was well off the mark (first time I really saw her writing), and seemed to be from iffy scources, she used to love starting a story 'scources have revealed', and usually were off the mark as I remember. hell would be over 5 years or so, I stopped reading SMH stuff on rugby generally around then. She was a guest panelist on a rugby show a couple of times, and didn't impress as being really in the know.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It’s ironic where we’re now at in these negotiations.

NZ rugbys actions towards Aus and RSA, along with the poorly considered Aratipu Report they released; seemed to galvanise rugby union stakeholders in Australia to fight for a better deal as a united front, rather then the fractured parties they were prior.

No wonder NZ Rugby players association have demanded a review of their actions, apparently the report will be release in coming months and it will also be made publicly available. It was a conditional demand by the players association before they agreed to the PE deal.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It is piss poor for Stan to be giving details of an earlier test at half time for the Wallabies.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It is piss poor for Stan to be giving details of an earlier test at half time for the Wallabies.

It's their job though.

I could understand frustration at it when it was the Argies game in the morning and the AB's had played the night before. but these games were played consecutively as part of the same tournament