• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Shiggins somehow I am more confused at your attempt to navigate the madness than the madness itself.
Sorry mate.
See this. One is Richeys last penalty kick. The other is Foley's.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220915_210331~2.png
    Screenshot_20220915_210331~2.png
    262.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20220915-203044_Clock~3.png
    Screenshot_20220915-203044_Clock~3.png
    278.3 KB · Views: 144

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Outside of the drama in the final minute the Wallabies need to take on some of the learnings of the game
- Swain is a net liability
- Wright is a net liability
- White as captain pisses referees off
- FF (Folau Fainga'a)’s lineout throwing is a liability
- our midfield needs to have more Rugby IQ
- Kellaway and Foley combined well for 2 tries Rugby IQ trumping league style
athleticism.

Last edited:

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I'm slightly calmer but still a fair way away from objective, so I hope some blessed rugby nerd goes and times how long play takes to restart across the 80 minutes after each penalty/ free kick call.

Very curious if the Foley situation was a deviation from the norm.

Overtime

Herbert Moran (7)
I was out at the game tonight. Congratulations to the wallabies for the character they showed in coming back the way they did. I also learnt of some changes to the rules of rugby, you can't go for the legs or you will get 10 in the bin and if you lift someone more than horizontal it is just a penalty.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Well that was a wonderful game marred by one of the weirdest decisions I have ever seen. For some reason, he was determined to make him kick it out quickly. Absolutely ridiculous. He made himself very clear though, even the Wallabies 12 Foketi was fair dinkum screaming at Foley to kick it out. He could hear what was going on and was ropable at Foley.

I'm all for a vote of no confidence in French referees, in perpetuity.

As for the AB's, they have the talent to be the best but perhaps not the brains. Poor decision making and poor execution at times will lose them games in test matches. The Wallabies played quite well by what I could tell and took advantage of their opportunities.

Also Swain had zero intent, not a fucking chance he made a decision to injure in half a second.

You are deadset taking the piss mate. That was a grub act.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Wallabies will drop to 9th in the world rankings on Monday now.

Dead set ripped off with that final call, were the better side for long periods of the game and got some stupid calls against them.

Gordon collapse was one of the worst, he wasn't holding onto a player to collapse, he got bounced off and the ruck came down on its own.

Reactions: Tex

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The 1 hour 45 min drive home felt like 3 days, I have never been more gutted. The better half had a glass of wine waiting for me lol. No amont of complaining can make up for it this was just torture.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You are deadset taking the piss mate. That was a grub act.
Nope, it looks bad, no one can deny that but look what happens just before, he was on the ground and got up and almost instantly cleans out. No one is making a decision there and then to injure a player.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I've been watching for near on 30 years. I don't remember seeing a 'delay of game' penalty ever. It's a MASSIVE deviation. Just like the final Lions match in NZ, a complete deviation. That's French flair for you (flair is short for incompetence in this situation).
I've never seen it. I think Rennie summed it up well: the decision was made without a feel for the game.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Outside of the drama in the final minute the Wallabies need to take on some of the learnings of the game
- Swain is a net liability
- Wright is a net liability
- White as captain pisses referees off
- FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a)’s lineout throwing is a liability
- our midfield needs to have more Rugby IQ
- Kellaway and Foley combined well for 2 tries Rugby IQ trumping league style
athleticism.

Wright is such a mental midget. He makes ridiculous errors for penalties and basically has no discipline. He has 3 cards in 17 tests as a winger. I'd say to replace him, but he also made two lovely passes that led to trys.

Petaia can't stay healthy, they don't play Vunivalu, Banks is injured and they even lose Koro for EOYT.

Unless Beale comes in at 15 and pushes Kellaway to the wing they seem stuck with him.

Swain's was an accident, but it's hard to square up what he was going for there with his arm. They have a lot of locks to choose from so he needs to tidy that up ASAP.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Great game.

The AB backline will be damn near unstoppable if they can keep building combinations and experience. A few dumb decisions cost us tries - Caleb Clarke has to be smarter on both defence and attack but it looks to me like the ABs may be developing a back-line strategy where it almost doesn't matter who plays at first receiver at certain times in a game. We have a number of guys who can slot in and the back line adapts accordingly. We have 4 players in Mo'unga, BB, Jordie and Havili who can pop up at first receiver and deliver spot-on kicks with guys like Reiko and Jordan chasing. Or they can all draw and pass. They can all run. The hardest thing it seems to me is getting the cohesion and the ability to make the right decision each time. I like it.

Taukei'aho is a beast. Rettalick is playing his way back into form. Scott Barrett had a quiet night and Sotutu also cost the ABs a try with his kick ahead instead of just passing the ball. We missed Savea.

Swain needs to be suspended for a decent amount of time. FF (Folau Fainga'a) must have got some acting lessons from White. The 2 players I really like in the Wallaby squad had huge games - Valentini and Samu. I posted last week that Samu should be starting.

I hope more refs start making more 'time wasting' calls against teams. The amount of wasted time in every game is a massive turn off. It's unfortunate for the Wallabies this time - although Foketi knew Foley was taking too long - but I want the refs to make this call more. Like when they tell the half-back to use it and it still takes another 5-7 sec to get it out. Or when the maul has stopped moving forward but they still wait to call 'That's one' or 'Use it'....just get the ball in play man.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Great game.

The AB backline will be damn near unstoppable if they can keep building combinations and experience. A few dumb decisions cost us tries - Caleb Clarke has to be smarter on both defence and attack but it looks to me like the ABs may be developing a back-line strategy where it almost doesn't matter who plays at first receiver at certain times in a game. We have a number of guys who can slot in and the back line adapts accordingly. We have 4 players in Mo'unga, BB, Jordie and Havili who can pop up at first receiver and deliver spot-on kicks with guys like Reiko and Jordan chasing. Or they can all draw and pass. They can all run. The hardest thing it seems to me is getting the cohesion and the ability to make the right decision each time. I like it.

Taukei'aho is a beast. Rettalick is playing his way back into form. Scott Barrett had a quiet night and Sotutu also cost the ABs a try with his kick ahead instead of just passing the ball. We missed Savea.

Swain needs to be suspended for a decent amount of time. FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) must have got some acting lessons from White.The 2 players I really like in the squad had huge games - Valentini and Samu. I posted last week that Samu should be starting.

I hope more refs start making more 'time wasting' calls against teams. The amount of wasted time in every game is a massive turn off. It's unfortunate for the Wallabies this time - although Foketi knew Foley was taking too long - but I want the refs to make this call more. Like when they tell the half-back to use it and it still takes another 5-7 sec to get it out. Or when the maul has stopped moving forward but they still wait to call 'That's one' or 'Use it'....just get the ball in play man.
Oh funny that. You had that conviction for a long time have you?

Fuck. me.

Please, I'm lonely.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Oh funny that. You had that conviction for a long time have you?

Fuck. me.

Please, I'm lonely.
Look man, he has a potential point. Time wasting and time wasted in rugby is a problem, but I'd like to see if the final call was fair in the context of the previous penalties and free kicks and restarts.

Seems to me that it was a massive line for the ref to be drawing at the final moment of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.