• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Out of interest, for people who said Kellaway didn't have a great first half, what's the reasoning there? I'm going through the game now slowly. He hasn't really featured so far, for good or for bad.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
but foley wasted time. Too emotional about the result if you don’t see that.
wouldn’t have made the call myself. Just kick the ball. Forward can figure out their play afterwards. When they call the line out.
What did they need to figure out? Win the bloody line out. Then kick the ball into touch

The biggest issue here though is that he didn't do anything different to what happens all through each and every match in terms of the time taken.

Clearly they should have read the tealeaves and kicked it sooner because it cost them the game. The forwards were distracted working out their lineout play and Foley was waiting for them. There was genuine misunderstanding that Foley thought the clock was still stopped and the urgency to kick didn't exist.

The referee had seemingly decided he was going to blow his whistle well before he did because when he called for "10" to kick it, Foley did react but the whistle was blown before he reasonably had a chance to kick it.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Out of interest, for people who said Kellaway didn't have a great first half, what's the reasoning there? I'm going through the game now slowly. He hasn't really featured so far, for good or for bad.

The bombed try was bad. And a turning point in the game.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
But against the spirit and how the game was played and rules applied.

What did the great Ritchie, have to say! (Benaud not McCaw)

The spirit of the game is to play with in the rules. It was with in the rules. Can’t believe 30 odd years on kiwis still have a cry over this.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The bombed try was bad. And a turning point in the game.
Hmm not quite. He was over, it was a great tackle on him and 80% of the time he gets that down. Don't know how it was a turning point because we went and pressured them for another 10 minutes, levelled the scores to 10-10 then went into the half equals.

If there were a turning point you wonder if it's the genius twins in Wright and Swain giving away their cumulative 5th card this season?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Specifically it was poor by his standards, there were two major negative involvements for that. The first was a try that he should've finished and the second was terrible pass he threw that killed a promising attack.

Both were not the sort of mistakes you expect from Kellaway, but he absolutely turned it around in the second half.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Why is no one pissed about gordans and wrights cards as well ? Both didn't even do anything
Gordon's was a dog shit call. Never even a penalty.

The tip tackle by whichever NZ should have been a yellow and wasn't.

I agree with Wright getting a yellow because he has a horror haircut and therefore deserves it.

Swain can take the same time off as the guy he injured.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Hmm not quite. He was over, it was a great tackle on him and 80% of the time he gets that down. Don't know how it was a turning point because we went and pressured them for another 10 minutes, levelled the scores to 10-10 then went into the half equals.

If there were a turning point you wonder if it's the genius twins in Wright and Swain giving away their cumulative 5th card this season?

I stand corrected.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Viking mentions the missed try. I think he also spilt a high ball, maybe a couple, in that first half. Not terrible and otherwise not with many involvements (which in itself might have been part of the disappointment) but his second half was levels better.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I didn’t say it’s all about the rule book. Whomever I replied to had said rules are rules and black and white and not to be interpreted which refutes claims of the feel of the game and if rules are black and white that was an infraction.
Refs should police crooked feeds and everyone who slows the game down.
90 seconds to kick a conversion and the clock shouldn’t be winding down.
60 seconds to kick a penalty and clock shouldn’t wind down until the ball is kicked
30 seconds to kick for touch and clock shouldn’t wind down until the ball is thrown in from line out.
Find a way to speed up scrums or clock
Off until scrums are engaged.
All for it.
but foley wasted time. Too emotional about the result if you don’t see that.
wouldn’t have made the call myself. Just kick the ball. Forward can figure out their play afterwards. When they call the line out.
What did they need to figure out? Win the bloody line out. Then kick the ball into touch
I don’t think you quite understand

refs can’t just randomly choose one situation and decide to ref it differently to every other just because

either you blow them all up or you don’t blow any up. Consistency is all we ask for from these utter clown refs

but sure, keep carrying water for the refs, keep allowing them to dictate results based on their ego. Surely there is a refs forum somewhere that you can go fawn over them

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Viking mentions the missed try. I think he also spilt a high ball, maybe a couple, in that first half. Not terrible and otherwise not with many involvements (which in itself might have been part of the disappointment) but his second half was levels better.
I just went back through the first half after watching it live, Kellaway didn't drop any, they targeted Foley who dropped 2. Kellaway had his non try and his push pass to Wright who drops it cold. Kellaway also cleaned up a wobbly kick from Richie and made some metres in a messy situation.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Dunno, maybe Sonny Bi... Oh wait. I dunno. I watched shit all Super Rugby this year, mainly due to working non effin stop. I think Rieko-Havili are going to be there for a bit.

We really need Wayne Smith and Mick Bryne back tbh. More Smith's!!!
with everyone injured Lee Stensness might need to go to rebel sport and get a pair of boots soon

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Other first half notes, most of the negatives have been picked up already so here are some positives.

- Slipper started off poorly, giving away two penalties, one for being popped in the scrum then offside on the try line. But he then came back, managing to lead with Ala'alatoa two scrum wins on ABs own feed at crucial teams.
- Gordon did three quite successful tactical kicks (one unintentional I think, the shallow one that Valetini regathered and chipped ahead). He also stole a certain try from Samisoni.
- Our lineout variation. We did three smart unorthodox throws between Porecki and Samu who developed some nice synergy.
-
Foketi was great. He ran over Richie, holds his feet then lets Samu peel the ball off him and steam off down the middle. He holds a player. Does a soft pass off his hip to Ikitau who gets through half a gap to within 1 metre of the try line. He runs at Richie again later and makes great metres, taking three to get him down, actually goes too far, S. Barrett fucks around on our side of the ruck and they pilfer it.
- Wright actually had some good involvements despite his blunders, made good metres from a Samu lineout ball, also part of a good choke tackle with Foketi.

Richie clearly has a soft shoulder and we got great return off it throughout the night, especially through Foketi. I was a bit upset because I thought that we were lucky that ABS blew so many opportunities and we converted all ours but to be honest there were more than a couple tries we could've got extra in that 1st half. I'll watch the 2nd half later when my boss isn't actually on my back about me doing genuine work to earn the money he pays me, prick. But from first half I'd say my top 3 are Samu, Foketi & Porecki.

edit: oh also Jed fucked two bread and butter kick off receipts. Straight through the breadbasket too.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Other first half notes, most of the negatives have been picked up already so here are some positives.

- Slipper started off poorly, giving away two penalties, one for being popped in the scrum then offside on the try line. But he then came back, managing to lead with Ala'alatoa two scrum wins on ABs own feed at crucial teams.
- Gordon did three quite successful tactical kicks (one unintentional I think, the shallow one that Valetini regathered and chipped ahead). He also stole a certain try from Samisoni.
- Our lineout variation. We did three smart unorthodox throws between Porecki and Samu who developed some nice synergy.
-
Foketi was great. He ran over Richie, holds his feet then lets Samu peel the ball off him and steam off down the middle. He holds a player. Does a soft pass off his hip to Ikitau who gets through half a gap to within 1 metre of the try line. He runs at Richie again later and makes great metres, taking three to get him down, actually goes too far, S. Barrett fucks around on our side of the ruck and they pilfer it.
- Wright actually had some good involvements despite his blunders, made good metres from a Samu lineout ball, also part of a good choke tackle with Foketi.

Richie clearly has a soft shoulder and we got great return off it throughout the night, especially through Foketi. I was a bit upset because I thought that we were lucky that ABS blew so many opportunities and we converted all ours but to be honest there were more than a couple tries we could've got extra in that 1st half. I'll watch the 2nd half later when my boss isn't actually on my back about me doing genuine work to earn the money he pays me, prick. But from first half I'd say my top 3 are Samu, Foketi & Porecki.

edit: oh also Jed fucked two bread and butter kick off receipts. Straight through the breadbasket too.
I’m rewatching now too and just finished the first half. I reckon the yellow card on Wright was very stiff. Penalty sure.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yes…. Foster…I felt sorry for him with all the Kiwi sideline pundits baying for his sacking but after this I am too… what a knob…
If I was a wallabies supporter I'd be asking for him to get a lifetime contract. He'll have to houdini his way to a rwc win to get half the country behind him and the other half would still say Robinson would've done it better and without losing to Argentina and Ireland at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.