• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
AB first try whistled at 3:10, Mounga starts conversion kick at 4:47 and hits it at 4:49.

Law 8.8.d

The kicker: Takes the kick within 90 seconds (playing time) from the time the try was awarded, even if the ball rolls over and has to be placed again.

Sanction: Kick is disallowed.

He kicked it in 2 seconds, that's pretty awesome tbf.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Potato, potato.

Foley played chicken with the ref and lost. People are acting as if it’s the first time a ref has made a call near the end of the game.

The Wallabies still could have won too. The refs calls didn’t win the game….the AB try did.
It is literally the first time a ref has made that particular call at any time of the game, let alone near the end of one

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I don’t think you quite understand

refs can’t just randomly choose one situation and decide to ref it differently to every other just because

either you blow them all up or you don’t blow any up. Consistency is all we ask for from these utter clown refs

but sure, keep carrying water for the refs, keep allowing them to dictate results based on their ego. Surely there is a refs forum somewhere that you can go fawn over them
This isn’t not calling a crooked feed all game and then blowing it up unless before the feed the ref had 7 times said “feed it straight this time 9. 9 - straight feed now please” stopped the clock and said “time off. You feed it straight………time on, feed it straight now”if no warnings I get the total incredulity but he was amply warned. His teammates heard it and knew what to do.
give me a spell.

How many warnings do you want? Who cares what happened before. In that instance he was given ample warning the ref wanted him to play quickly.

would love to see most of these outraged reactions if it had happened to Marcus smith in England series.
Other than that. Great game. Back row was immense. Found a solid 12 and a 10
Who still has it. Kerevi and hooper still to come back in.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Tell you what... it may take another 40 years but when we finally do win the Bled back its gunna be fucken swell.
Yes - it will be.

And when it happens, I’m sure most of the AB fans here will congratulate you, the Wallabies and their fans like we did for the Irish series.

Holding the Bledisloe is a blessing and a curse. On one hand, it fkn awesome to have been so dominant for this long….on the other hand, it can get boring for everyone involved….

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Foley also says on Stan that the ref had asked them to play quicker all game.
This isn’t not calling a crooked feed all game and then blowing it up unless before the feed the ref had 7 times said “feed it straight this time 9. 9 - straight feed now please” stopped the clock and said “time off. You feed it straight………time on, feed it straight now”if no warnings I get the total incredulity but he was amply warned. His teammates heard it and knew what to do.
give me a spell.

How many warnings do you want? Who cares what happened before. In that instance he was given ample warning the ref wanted him to play quickly.

would love to see most of these outraged reactions if it had happened to Marcus smith in England series.
Other than that. Great game. Back row was immense. Found a solid 12 and a 10
Who still has it. Kerevi and hooper still to come back in.
the

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He deserves all the criticism he gets, praising those referee decisions is just tone deaf and shows zero interest in protecting the integrity of the game over his own ego
So Adam you prefer a type of coach who everytime the Wallabies(insert any team) lost whinge about ref? No thanks.
Bottom line all the moans have conveniently forgotten one thing, it wasn't the ref's decision on the penalty that cost the game, it was the fact that Wallabies' defence allowing the ABs to score a try?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually after thinking on it a bit, as I have said have said I can understand why Wallaby supporters are disappointed etc, and I know I maybe don't have a problem quite so much because I am (as I have posted a few times) not a fan of time wasting etc for anything. Why I don't want clocks stopped for scrums, I dislike stoppages for TMOs etc, and just like how quite often in NH rugby they make players hurry it up a bit, as personally I find the interuptions are what is stuffing our game up, and we loose flow of games? And we talk of competition for sports fans.
And make it clear, it only how I see it, I like games flowing and get annoyed at stoppages where any team (including ABs or whoever) waste time.
So that's my rant on it anyway fellas!:) And it's all finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.