• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Actually after thinking on it a bit, as I have said have said I can understand why Wallaby supporters are disappointed etc, and I know I maybe don't have a problem quite so much because I am (as I have posted a few times) not a fan of time wasting etc for anything. Why I don't want clocks stopped for scrums, I dislike stoppages for TMOs etc, and just like how quite often in NH rugby they make players hurry it up a bit, as personally I find the interuptions are what is stuffing our game up, and we loose flow of games? And we talk of competition for sports fans.
And make it clear, it only how I see it, I like games flowing and get annoyed at stoppages where any team (including ABs or whoever) waste time.
So that's my rant on it anyway fellas!:) And it's all finished.

You don't think that the ending of the game is costing the sport fans? The reason you're not upset is because it didn't happen to the All Blacks.

It fucked us, plan and simple.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You don't think that the ending of the game is costing the sport fans? The reason you're not upset is because it didn't happen to the All Blacks.

It fucked us, plan and simple.
No mate, I would be disapoointed like you rightly are, but I can almost bet (and this is some of our fans) that Foster would of got blamed for our defence not being up to scratch ;). but I admit I don't get outraged etc, I am still reasonably sane after we lose etc , the day it ties me in knots I will get help.
So that's just me. I love the game, AB supporter to absolute core, but know at end of day it's a game and there is swings and roundabouts, and usually if you go back over a game it generally evens out decisions for and against. I also say it's ok to vent and feel you been robbed etc, if that helps you deal with loss.
I also say wasting time is costing us sports fans, for whatever reason, TMO, walking to lineouts etc etc.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Interesting from Owens on the Swain incident. I personally have no issue with a lengthy suspension. I always look at these issues by asking how I would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and I’d be pretty dirty. But I guess that is largely due to outcome.

Refereeing royalty Owens urged caution with the incident, pointing out that decisions shouldn’t necessarily be made on the basis of the outcome alone.
“It is a tricky one, there will be a lot of arguments that a yellow card is sufficient.
“There’ll also be justified arguments that a red card would be justified as well, particularly on the outcome of it. But you’ve got to be very careful that you’re not always basing your decisions on an outcome.”

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
So Adam you prefer a type of coach who everytime the Wallabies(insert any team) lost whinge about ref? No thanks.
Bottom line all the moans have conveniently forgotten one thing, it wasn't the ref's decision on the penalty that cost the game, it was the fact that Wallabies' defence allowing the ABs to score a try?

"The trouble is when you lose it sounds like you’re sulking, but we’re just going to keep clarity on the equitable side of how the game is being officiated"

Your boy foster 2 months ago when he was moaning about Peyper.

I can add more whinges he had when you lost against the Pumas.

The high and mighty road is not one this current All Black team and coaching staff can take Dan.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
When established idiots like Dan and Grant start wading in we know an issue has reached its nadir.

download (2).jpg

tragic

John Solomon (38)
"The trouble is when you lose it sounds like you’re sulking, but we’re just going to keep clarity on the equitable side of how the game is being officiated"

The high and mighty road is not one this current All Black team and coaching staff can take Dan.
There were a bunch of decisions in that game that could have gone either way. A couple of the borderline cards directly resulted in tries due to the numerical superiority. I don’t see anyone complaining about those decisions. That’s rugby these days.
The last decision is a completely different issue.
Anyone with any class or emotional intelligence understands that.
There will always be intellectual giants who see it as an opportunity to have a dig. No point in interacting as they don’t either have the IQ to understand or they don’t want to.
Best to just ignore

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Other than that. Great game. Back row was immense. Found a solid 12 and a 10
Who still has it. Kerevi and hooper still to come back in.
Going on and on about this decision overrides what to me was a great match. Had this not happened it would have been one for a replay in 10 years. Can we give it a break and look at the positives as Sir Higgins is suggesting?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So Adam you prefer a type of coach who everytime the Wallabies(insert any team) lost whinge about ref? No thanks.
Bottom line all the moans have conveniently forgotten one thing, it wasn't the ref's decision on the penalty that cost the game, it was the fact that Wallabies' defence allowing the ABs to score a try?

Hmm, how can I be more clear. Foster praising that decision by the referee is tone deaf and demonstrates that he cares more about stroking his own ego rather than protecting the integrity of the game.

It’s disappointing to see and I now understand the criticism that New Zealanders have been directing at him.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I was questioning bad calls both ways from the beginning. Raynal just got so much wrong and never had control of the game. He is a crap ref and should not be anywhere near test rugby anytime soon. He obviously was not in sinc with the other officials and the game was never allowed to flow.
The last one was a real doozie. Admittedly Foley had stalled the play a few times during the game, as many sides do, but there was no reason for the ref to call time back on after calling it off at that point. He seemed to lose patience and composure and then took a personal swat at Foley because of it without thinking it through. Not the hallmark of a decent ref.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

And when Foster joins the forum you can have a crack at him for it but for the most part, the AB fans here not blamed the refs for the AB woes of late. Unlike a number of Wallaby fans here.

There are no mental gymnastics or logical contortions that need to be made to justify what happened on Thursday.

Apparently by his own admission, Foley had been warned a number of times during the game to hurry up and even his own teammates were desperately trying to get him to take the kick quickly - like he did after they scored from a forward pass. The ref called him for it.

Which didn’t give the All Blacks the win. They still had to retain possession at the scrum - something they had had problems with during the game - and play well enough to score a try. The Wallabies had every chance to defend and keep the All Blacks out but they weren’t good enough.

Just because some of you don’t like the ref’s decision which gave the All Blacks possession - not the win - doesn’t mean that people who disagree are somehow twisting the facts. And the veiled threat of ‘it’s turning off fans’ is childish. Australian fans certainly didn’t seem concerned about Scottish fans being ‘turned off’ rugby when the ref made a call that benefited the Wallabies and handed them a win.

Some of you just need to grow up.

Last edited:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
And when Foster joins the forum you can have a crack at him for it but for the most part, the AB fans here not blamed the refs for the AB woes of late. Unlike a number of Wallaby fans here.

There are no mental gymnastics or logical contortions that need to be made to justify what happened on Thursday.

Apparently by his own admission, Foley had been warned a number of times during the game to hurry up and even his own teammates were desperately trying to get him to take the kick quickly - like he did after they scored from a forward pass. The ref called him for it.

Which didn’t give the All Blacks the win. They still had to retain possession at the scrum - something they had had problems with during the game - and play well enough to score a try. The Wallabies had every chance to defend and keep the All Blacks out but they weren’t good enough.

Just because some of you don’t like the ref’s decision which gave the All Blacks possession - not the win - doesn’t mean that people who disagree are somehow twisting the facts. And the veiled threat of ‘it’s turning off fans’ is childish. Australian fans certainly didn’t seem concerned about Scottish fans being ‘turned off’ rugby when the ref made a call that benefited the Wallabies and handed them a win.

Some of you just need to grow up.
Dan brought up the turning fans off the game...because of time wasting.. I just pointed out fucked decisions like this do the same..

Enough though you had your say enough.. a good game ruined by a shit call that was not required.

I think we should lock the thread this is going no where.

Status
Not open for further replies.