• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I loved that interview, I was impressed with his analysis and memory. He'd go far as a pundit/coach.

I heard it more as if it was phased out a couple years ago and he's trying to play catch up. Not even phasing out slowly.
Great interview.

I’d be happy with To’omua, Cheika, Morgs and Genia in the future for media duties

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
QPR team of the year named:
View attachment 14731

Take out Grealy (and potentially Smith and Feliuai-Lene if they've signed elsewhere as rumored) and that's probably a pretty good starting point for the challenger series. May need someone other than Bulley if he's injured and Siakisini may be too limited in availability as well.

Ment to be for the reds thread mate?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ioane's timing couldn't have been better. Do we do the nation a solid and let Kellaway play at 15 next season. Ioane goes to wing and hopefully one of Vaihu/Anderson step up.

You could put Hodge on the wing but almost tempted to punt Hodge in at 12/13.
9. Tuttle 10. Gordon 11. Ioane 12. Hodge 13. Ripley 14. Vaihu 15. Kellaway
Knowing the ol' Foote he'll fuck the Wallabies off and play Kellaway at 13 where he was last season.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Ioane's timing couldn't have been better. Do we do the nation a solid and let Kellaway play at 15 next season. Ioane goes to wing and hopefully one of Vaihu/Anderson step up.

You could put Hodge on the wing but almost tempted to punt Hodge in at 12/13.
9. Tuttle 10. Gordon 11. Ioane 12. Hodge 13. Ripley 14. Vaihu 15. Kellaway
Knowing the ol' Foote he'll fuck the Wallabies off and play Kellaway at 13 where he was last season.
I think that's more or less your best backline. 12 looks like a real weakness at the moment, so Hodge pretty much has to play there. Not sure what's happening with Nu'u, but it there really isn't much room left in the squad for him.

I expect Mason Gordon will start to get a bit of time next year too, mostly from the bench, but probably also as a fullback option.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I nearly think Nick Jooste should be given a shot at 12, I thought he was pretty impressive at the end of the season and his 25. So his either good enough or not.

I would then move Hodge to 13 (Not a fan of him in the center) and Rippley out to wing and Vaihu to the bench.

Also noticed on the big screens last night, super round in Melbourne in March next year.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
David Vaihu has had a few starts at inside centre for the west Brisbane bulldogs. I think the rebels might be trialing him there as they see the position as a open spot

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I think that's more or less your best backline. 12 looks like a real weakness at the moment, so Hodge pretty much has to play there. Not sure what's happening with Nu'u, but it there really isn't much room left in the squad for him.

I expect Mason Gordon will start to get a bit of time next year too, mostly from the bench, but probably also as a fullback option.
I think there is still some wiggle room in the squad. Some of the names on the first page aren’t in the main squad and signed to Melb on wider squad or development contracts.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I nearly think Nick Jooste should be given a shot at 12, I thought he was pretty impressive at the end of the season and his 25. So his either good enough or not.

I would then move Hodge to 13 (Not a fan of him in the center) and Rippley out to wing and Vaihu to the bench.

Also noticed on the big screens last night, super round in Melbourne in March next year.
That's a good shout, I completely forgot he was with the Rebels. Should be a good partner for Gordon to take some of the playmaking load, particularly around clearances.

I think there is still some wiggle room in the squad. Some of the names on the first page aren’t in the main squad and signed to Melb on wider squad or development contracts.
Like who?

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Hopefully those 45,000 extra fans we found last night actually turn out for a game or two :)
Maybe if they give us some more arvo games. I want to bring the kids and get them into it more, but we normally get one game a year I can bring them to. The scheduling isn't great for people with young families. I know the afternoon games aren't great for other groups, but it's not like it's the hottest ticket in town on a Friday night either.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Dynasty, I think its time that we should have looked outside the square & went with a clothing brand similar to what Geelong have done with Cotton on. Ah well too late

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
FB_IMG_1663314820507.jpg