• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I'd say closer to 9-12 months.

This is another S&C failure, achilles not usually from specific incidents but an overload failure.
Yeah it is, but at least we saw the benefits in the way they ran over top of NZ in the last 20. Team is clearly a lot fitter now, the ones that dont break down that is

Surely some of this lands at the feet of the super teams as the players dont show up to the wallabies fit enough

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Surely some of this lands at the feet of the super teams as the players dont show up to the wallabies fit enough

Maybe early on, but we're what, 10 weeks into international season now, you'd think these freshies should fall firmly in the Wallabies basket.

Had Leota returned recently from another lower limb injury?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gordon did some good things and tried hard throughout but his game is all over the place. The difference in quick service when White came on was startling. Gordon also leaves the pill in too long. A couple of times he got caught or the ball was turned over. Whites kicking is also far superior.
White should start and I would have Tate on the bench to give us direction late in the game.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Hopefully its just a partial tear as from memory he was walking on it and walked off the field. Compare that to Quade who went down like a sniper shot him in the foot.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maybe early on, but we're what, 10 weeks into international season now, you'd think these freshies should fall firmly in the Wallabies basket.

Had Leota returned recently from another lower limb injury?
yes he missed a good portion of the Super season with a hamstring which kept recurring - explains the calf/achilles issue

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Well fuck, Leota ha ruptured his Achilles tendon :(

poor guy, he’s put in the most consistent performances at blindside out of anyone. Isn’t recovery from this like a 6 month thing?
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) only just out of moon boot after doing his in Wallaby training camp before the international season started. So probably 6-9 months.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
What time is Swains hearing?
TodayThe Judicial Committee for the Hearing will be Andre Oosthuizen SC (Chair), De Wet Barry and José Luis Rolandi and it will be held via video conference on Wednesday at 5:00pm (AEST). Tupaea will miss several months after suffering knee ligament damage. The tackle enraged the New Zealanders. "I feel for Quinn," said Beauden Barrett.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'd say closer to 9-12 months.

This is another S&C failure, achilles not usually from specific incidents but an overload failure.
absolutely, except in older unfit fellas who suddenly take up sport, its an overuse injury which results in chronic tendinitis and then a snap or more often a tear rather than complete disruption. the tendinitis often starts when rehabing from another leg injury, eg hamstring.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
What is the status of Swinton and his injury? I did like the idea of picking a big physical back row so would like to see that continue but a shame about Leota. I know Swinton has his discipline problems but could have filled that role at 6 well. Will he back for EOYT?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
What is the status of Swinton and his injury? I did like the idea of picking a big physical back row so would like to see that continue but a shame about Leota. I know Swinton has his discipline problems but could have filled that role at 6 well. Will he back for EOYT?
I'm not sure what his injury status is but I'd be very surprised if we saw him this year. Even if fit I imagine they'd be inclined to leave him at home to get his body right for next season, rather than throwing him back into test match rugby having had (almost) no game time this year.