• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A - Back on the Cards

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think it's safe to say Hooper is done for the year too. If he was planning on returning for the EOYT this would've been the perfect comeback for him.
You reckon? I'm not so sure. These tests are pointless for him, especially when he needs time away, he's a consummate professional who doesn't need to play against Japan A to get back into shape. Run him off the bench with Samu/McReight starting to get him match fitness.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Or let him come back through the Tahs Pre Season if he is not ready for it yet. No doubt his body will benefit from the break as well. McReight and Samu have shown more than enough to be comfortable with our depth in the position. Maybe another 7 goes or have Gleeson as the backup.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

You reckon? I'm not so sure. These tests are pointless for him, especially when he needs time away, he's a consummate professional who doesn't need to play against Japan A to get back into shape. Run him off the bench with Samu/McReight starting to get him match fitness.
TBH I am not convinced we will see Hooper again.
I know the lure of RWC etc but sometimes his ailment can be a long term rectification program and every day away gives his competition more opportunity to move past him

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Corey Toole playing for the brumbies this weekend, if your going to take someone as a development player surely the 7's player of the year would be ahead of a kid still at school.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Hot damn, interesting squad.

1. Gibbon
2. Longeran
3. Fa'amausili
4. Frost
5. Swain/Neville (Lol)
6. Uru
7. Wilkin
8. Gleeson
9. Longeran
10. Edmed
11. Vunivalu
12. Kuenzle
13. Stewart (who's an out and out 13?)
14. Daugunu
15. Banks
16. Pollard
17. Robertson
18. Holz
19. Hanigan
20. Scott
21. Tuttle
22. Creighton
23. Campbell
Isaac Henry's the only one with any signficiant experience at 13 as far as I can tell.

Reckon he'd be a good shout as well, has looked good with limited game time at the Reds.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Isaac Henry's the only one with any signficiant experience at 13 as far as I can tell.

Reckon he'd be a good shout as well, has looked good with limited game time at the Reds.
Henry has played at 13 a bit this year for Wests and has heaps of potential, but Hudson Creighton is an out and out 13 though and looked good there for Aus A previously.

I had thought Ripley might have snuck in given the lack of centres at the moment, but I'm guessing Kuenzle being fit probably ended that.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
New tour/New squad
All bets are off… give the job to the guy who stands up and earns it.
I guess we'll see. Would have thought a good Queensland boy would be acceptable in the 13 spot? On the subject of good Queensland boys, where's Josh Flook? Is he injured and out of commission?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I guess we'll see. Would have thought a good Queensland boy would be acceptable in the 13 spot? On the subject of good Queensland boys, where's Josh Flook? Is he injured and out of commission?
Dislocated his shoulder back in May, don't think there was ever any chance of him playing again this year after that

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I agree that I think this squad highlights a lack of depth at 13. If Ikitau gets injured we are in a bit of strife.

Looking forward to seeing some of these guys in action, Ollie Callan a great selection, has a big future

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Creighton would also be the incumbent Aus A No 13 if I'm not mistaken. He will most likely get the spot initially.

I thought Hudson was good for Aus A previously, showed more than he had so far in SRpac. Hopefully for the Wallabies depth he can keep it going into next year.