• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2. Eden Park, 24th Sept 7.05pm NZT. 5.05 pm AEST, 3.05 WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Absolutely. But it seems less and less kids are playing rugby and the ones that do are heading over to League very quickly.
Well then we're fucked indefinitely.

We desperately need to start prioritising a domestic product that gets eyes on screens, whatever that is.

Reactions: dru

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is the main issue, everyone's obsessed with finding short term solutions to long term problems.

If players don't have the skills by the time they're professionals, you're already cooked.

The only way the Wallabies get better is if we get more kids playing the game and better pathways. Thats a long term investment, not a short term band aid.
hiff, not sure this is correct. History seems to prove that losing can be overcome in a relatively short period, once the correct leader is in place. Finding that coach is a matter of chance. Nobody in rugby HQ wanted McQueen but he was about the only choice.
Can you imagine a motivated player group who wants to improve their skills and actually read the Law book? It's obvious that 80% of our players have never opened it up! How many of our professionals are practising skills improvements in their own time?
Despite all this doom and gloom, on a good day with a following wind, they can beat anyone and that is what is throwing coaches under buses!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Listening to the post match presser, Slipper is just to ‘aw shucks’ to be captain for me. He seems way to satisfied with every loss. He’s excited and confident apparently

the old saying sometimes rings true. Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser

In fairness that was his reaction to the kiwi media. You don’t know what happened amongst the team.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
What a difference a week (or in this case 10 days) makes.

I thought the Wallabies started well with the big Holloway run and then not conceding any points with the early yellow.

From then on it all fell apart as it typically does for the Wallabies. I'm not really sure what the attacking game plan was. Box kick to Caleb Clarke who is good in the air? Obviously the Foketi injury hurt but didn't see many of the backline moves that troubled the ABs in Melbourne.

Once the tide turned against the Wallabies they couldn't arrest it and the few chances they had to turn back momentum in the first half they didn't take (Koroibete in touch).

Agreed about the lack of rugby nous. Tom Wright's tap and kick wtf. Whilst there's a huge injury ward and bigger issues than just selections I'd be looking at another winger other than Wright - there's a few who put their hand up during Super. In addition Harry Wilson's lack of footwork is a big issue - he throws himself in to the defence but without any footwork presents as an easy target.

As for the ABs. Jordie was a revelation at 12. By far the ABs best option at 12. Papalii was rock solid at 7 - physical and super accurate. Retallick looked like the Retallick of old as part of a strong tight five effort (though Codie Taylor is still a worry). The work of the ABs wings was top notch.

Really poor work from the TMO to miss the Reece head clash tackle - should have been red carded. Wallabies seriously have to sort out their discipline - puts them on the back foot so much - what the heck was Holloway doing at that cleanout.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Dunno how you get so angsty about a loss at Eden Park. That's like waking up and getting mad because your freshly cut lawn is green.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
My apologies Dan54, I misinterpreted what you were saying.
Mate no probs, I realised later on what you meant anyway. Hadn't thought of the head hit etc.
And between you and I (don't tell anyone else on forum I said this) I actually think Reece was bloody lucky not to get a YC, (ot when you get a yellow the ref may decide red), he cocked up when he stepped back into that tackle and I thought was upright, didn't think at time their head had coliided (just a couple of beers), and still not sure how hard it was, certainly not as hard as what broke Retallics jaw earlier in year(a yc) and know force is to be taken into consideration (hence the thought of yc).

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I actually not overly wrapped with 6 either mate, I worry we looking at loosening up in pack. But other options are out I guess.

Well this worry didn't eventuate. Akira played tight and was good. Didn't miss a tackle (including a try saving tackle on Wilson).

ABs have a lot of similar options at 6 without any standout - Barrett, Akira and Frizell.

It's unfortunate that Leota is injured as for Wallabies i'd like to see Leota 6 Hooper 7 Valetini 8.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Soccer is pretty popular
Yep same as here in NZ liquor, biggest sport for kids by a mile, has been for years, and certainly npt much winning at top to get kids keen. All the soccer on sports and news is from England, yet it is a popular game with kids. I not sure it's all precious mums etc that we think either.

Status
Not open for further replies.