• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ken Laban commentating Wellys v Mooloos. Prepare to learn where each & every Welly went to school, who with, who his favorite teacher was... :rolleyes: bloke makes TJ look fair & impartial.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mooloos' 16 may have just cost his team the Shield. Such an obvious YC it's hard to fathom why TMO wasn't all over it straight away. Also Mooloos' 2 was HIA so uncontested scrums & Mooloos down another man? Yes & Yes it seems.

Edit: Marshall has passed HIA so back on & contested scrums can resume.

Edit: wow, Wellys totally unable to capitalise on being +2 for 5min & +1 for 10. Mooloos still in this at 3/4 time.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ken Laban commentating Wellys v Mooloos. Prepare to learn where each & every Welly went to school, who with, who his favorite teacher was... :rolleyes: bloke makes TJ look fair & impartial.
I like Laban, he genuinely loves the game, and as you say he has watched all these kids play at school, and I have also played againt him!!! So ;ots of plusses! ;)
Although he was a Wainui fella, so.......... lol he had Tana Umaga being his ball boy when he played league. Was there when Tyrell Lomax was talking about coming home as mate of Dads.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I believe it does.

Top three in each Conference pretty much sown up (Odds: Wellys, Steamers & Mooloos; Evens: Cantabs, Harbour & Aucks) but fourth places still a bit of a toss up between Otago & Magpies (Odds) & Mako & Taniwha (Evens).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mako season pretty much over unless dead motherless last Turbos can tip over Taniwha . Magpies will qualify unless Otago get up against Cantabs. QF draw may not actually be apparent until FT in last regular season match, Mooloos v Steamers on Sunday.

Makes for a good weekend of footy watching & it's shit weather for next coupla days so it's not like I'm gunna be taking tree trimmings to the dump or anything.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep and as per usual WOB Mrs Dan says to me what games you need to watch this weekend and I said well don't really need to watch Southland/NH as it will be walkover, have just finished watching it, :rolleyes: , so will just watch whatever comes up. Really think Bay vs Waikato is the match of weekend, but then again, the Naki got Auks shortly so will have to watch that, may just give Otago game a miss tonight (maybe), actually quite enjoyed a NH game earlier the Newcastle Falcons/Bristol Bears game a bit earlier too.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WRT Southland I think Otago need to look at loaning them some players (& Southland need to swallow their pride & accept those offered), it's just not in anyone's interest for them to be so poor. Also need to look into what "origin" players might be available, something else they've been reluctant to do in recent seasons.

WRT Manawatu I think they need to seriously consider merging with Hawke's Bay: them being beyond poor isn't doing anyone any favours, either (no way should Southland merge with Otago or go down to Heartland, that would have too much effect on Clan's ability to be competitive in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific)).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
WRT Southland I think Otago need to look at loaning them some players (& Southland need to swallow their pride & accept those offered), it's just not in anyone's interest for them to be so poor. Also need to look into what "origin" players might be available, something else they've been reluctant to do in recent seasons.

WRT Manawatu I think they need to seriously consider merging with Hawke's Bay: them being beyond poor isn't doing anyone any favours, either (no way should Southland merge with Otago or go down to Heartland, that would have too much effect on Clan's ability to be competitive in (SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) super rugby pacific)).
I wonder WOB whether Manawatu should look at combining with Whanganui, they tried the HB thing way back, didn't take off, but I think I could see Whanganui being a good fit. Basically go down from Naki, and across to the ranges!!

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I think Whanganui are comfortable being a big fish in a smallish pond, not sure they'd be interested in deeper waters or that they'd add that much to what Turbos already have. Central Vikings v2.0 a much better option IMO (but without the Board-level "we're in charge!" "no, WE'RE in charge!" BS obviously).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ I think Whanganui are comfortable being a big fish in a smallish pond, not sure they'd be interested in deeper waters or that they'd add that much to what Turbos already have. Central Vikings v2.0 a much better option IMO (but without the Board-level "we're in charge!" "no, WE'RE in charge!" BS obviously).
Yep, think Manawatu's problem could be HB don't need them as they pretty good by themselves, and Whanganui I think could find an advantage of not losing the Perofetas, Tikoislomone etc who bail out to get higher level rugby. But as you sau they maybe happy with the big fish idea, it certainly worked for Marlborough and Nelson Bays though.

Status
Not open for further replies.